shape
carat
color
clarity

Baguette Shank on Round Halo Leon Mege Ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=328

Here is the link for a bit of a twist on the traidtional round halo w/ a pave shank. Its a LEon Mege Desing. His work is good!

What are your thoughts on the look of this ring? Does the baguette style shank make it look too busy? Or does it still flow well?

It is still classic w/ a modern twist?

I suppose you could wear a baguette wedding band, or mabe a pave eternity band?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/27/2007 10:36:22 AM
Author:mintve
http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=328

Here is the link for a bit of a twist on the traidtional round halo w/ a pave shank. Its a LEon Mege Desing. His work is good!

What are your thoughts on the look of this ring? Does the baguette style shank make it look too busy? Or does it still flow well?

It is still classic w/ a modern twist?

I suppose you could wear a baguette wedding band, or mabe a pave eternity band?
Square step-cut are also called "carre" Diamonds... (from the french word square...)
Started and was extremely popular during the Art-Deco era... (early 1900''s)

In my opinion..., a big Classic!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it! It''s different. And I think it would look great with a square step cut band.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's beautiful. I think a pricescoper is the owner of that ring, or one just like it. there are more pics in the Leon Mege thread...

Well, I am a HUGE LEon fan, so anything by him, in my opinio is amazing, but I really like that particular design..... and I think it would look ELEGANT and UNIQUE done the way you describe....

I sooooo want to LOTS of pics if you decide to do this..... it will be incredible !!!!

sera

Ideal_Rock
I think it's gorgeous! I like that the shank is a bit different from the very popular pave shank halos... and of course being a Leon Mege sets it apart even further.

ETA: I looked at the Tiffany link, it's beautiful as well, but I would definitely prefer the Leon. Either band (square or round) looks nice with the ring... the band matching the shank of the ring looks more matchy-matchy and the band matching the halo looks less matchy-matchy but still matches if that makes sense. Beautiful choices!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 12:16:38 PM
Author: Green with Envy
leon''s design is similar to one at Tiffany''s... but I belive from the side view... Leon''s is better. you can also see with variety of matching bands.

http://www.tiffany.com/Engagement/Item.aspx?sku=21463485

Good call on the the Tiffany setting! I knew I saw a similar design elsewhere. I hope to find a profile view of the Leon design. I would really like a profile that permits a wedding band to fir flush against the e-ring

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s gorgeous. I like the mixing of cuts.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I found the post w/ tjhe Leon version and Tiffany setting. I love this ring. I originally wanted the Ritaini, but think I want something w/ a more substanital band w/ theat is a bit more unique! Lovet he mizing of the stone cuts.

I am thinking of seeing if LM can make it even a bit simpler by creating in such a way that a wedding band would fir flush next tot eh e-ring. I thing the interior ring would just be a cirlce w/ the contour. There would be no basket, so fromt he profile, you would see teh bottom of the dimaon, similar tp the ritani endless love. Does that make sense? How do youthink that ould look> I would want to weaur a step baguette eternity band w/ it....

tiffnay inpsired LM.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it, beautiful!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 1:56:08 PM
Author: mintve
I found the post w/ tjhe Leon version and Tiffany setting. I love this ring. I originally wanted the Ritaini, but think I want something w/ a more substanital band w/ theat is a bit more unique! Lovet he mizing of the stone cuts.

I am thinking of seeing if LM can make it even a bit simpler by creating in such a way that a wedding band would fir flush next tot eh e-ring. I thing the interior ring would just be a cirlce w/ the contour. There would be no basket, so fromt he profile, you would see teh bottom of the dimaon, similar tp the ritani endless love. Does that make sense? How do youthink that ould look> I would want to weaur a step baguette eternity band w/ it....

Is this what you mean?

This pic is of Alleycat0303''s Leon.... (hope she doesn''t mind, I have this one saved to my hd..)

Allysleonrb_copy.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
and there''s this one from his site, he calls it a Capuchonne style, where the band can sit flush...

LMr630-10Ww.jpg

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/28/2007 12:27:40 AM
Author: angeline

Date: 10/27/2007 1:56:08 PM

Is this what you mean?

This pic is of Alleycat0303''s Leon.... (hope she doesn''t mind, I have this one saved to my hd..)
YES!!This is what I am referring to!!!! Thanks! Just like this, but w/ square baguettes and maybe less pave on the sides!!! Thank you!!!!

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, the rings here are all beautiful. I love the profile details!!!
36.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
I really like the more open gallery without the square surprise diamond... beautiful rings!

Miss Aussie

Rough_Rock

This thread has converted me from just a daily lurker to signing up so I can post. A quick intro about myself, I am mid 20s, a LIW and live in Adelaide, South Australia. I have been lurking on this site daily for a number of months researching everything there is to know about diamonds so that I can make an educated purchase when the time arrives (hopeufully very soon).

This thread drew me out of the shadows because I was discussing this issue of the square baguettes versus pave on the shank of the Leon Mege just a couple of days ago as I am hoping to have something very similar to the Leon Mege made but slightly altered so I can have two eternity bands sit flush either side under the halo.

My dilema in designing my E-Ring and WRs has been if i have pave around the halo, on the shank and on the eternity bands will that be too much of the same? After looking at the Leon Mege/Tiffany ring I am now considering having the square baguettes on the shank to break up all the pave. Here is a very rough photoshop of what it will look like with pave bands either side and with square baguette bands either side.

MyRingcourtney.JPG

Miss Aussie

Rough_Rock
Here is what it would look like with square baguette bands either side.

MyRingCourtneyBaguettes.JPG

Miss Aussie

Rough_Rock
Here is what the ring would look like with pave on the shank and pave eternity bands either side.

MyRingCourtneyBrilliant.JPG

sera

Ideal_Rock
Miss Aussie, all 3 of those are great choices, but the first (pave, square, pave) REALLY stands out- I love it! With that choice you have the sparkle from the round and the flash from the square.
30.gif
Nice photoshopping, btw.

ETA: oh... and welcome outta lurkdome :)

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2007 9:45:22 PM
I love the open profile too!

What do you think of longer, rectangualr baguettes on the shank rather than the sqaure?

and perhaps wearing it with a band like this from Tiffany?

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP00078&mcat=148204&cid=288152&search_params=s+5-p+10-c+288152-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

or do you think a plain band or all channel set??
The ring that is englarged on that page is round and baguette- is that the one you meant?

I love the baguette only... maybe equally with the square. I'm not sure which I would prefer if they were side by side IRL.

I would not go with the round and baguette in this case- it just seems like it would detract from the halo- like having too much going on. Now maybe IRL that wouldn't be the case, but in the magnified photo it seems like it might.

ETA: looking at it again, I do prefer the square. Would the longer baguettes even work in the shank with that slope? IDK, even if they would, I do prefer the square.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I actually spoke to Bob at Whiteflash and his quoteis more reasonable forthis ring. Plus, he is really resposive and friendly and I''ve read really great things about WF.

He suggested getting princess cut stones on the shank b/c baguettes can break easeir and they loose their sparkle.

BTW, I love the was this ring looks w/ the pave bands! Great job on the photoshopping

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/29/2007 12:14:11 AM
Author: Miss Aussie

This thread has converted me from just a daily lurker to signing up so I can post. A quick intro about myself, I am mid 20s, a LIW and live in Adelaide, South Australia. I have been lurking on this site daily for a number of months researching everything there is to know about diamonds so that I can make an educated purchase when the time arrives (hopeufully very soon).

This thread drew me out of the shadows because I was discussing this issue of the square baguettes versus pave on the shank of the Leon Mege just a couple of days ago as I am hoping to have something very similar to the Leon Mege made but slightly altered so I can have two eternity bands sit flush either side under the halo.

My dilema in designing my E-Ring and WRs has been if i have pave around the halo, on the shank and on the eternity bands will that be too much of the same? After looking at the Leon Mege/Tiffany ring I am now considering having the square baguettes on the shank to break up all the pave. Here is a very rough photoshop of what it will look like with pave bands either side and with square baguette bands either side.

THis is stunning. love it! THis is what I want one day!! How did you do the photo shop? You are a pro
36.gif
I wonder what it looks like w/ a plain band.

WELCOME to the boards by the way...another LIW :)

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
ohmigawd!! this thread has me droooling!!...
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I know! I keep getting all these great ideas! you gals are awsome! THANKS!!!!!
41.gif

Miss Aussie

Rough_Rock
I have to agree, I love the square baguettes on the shank and the pave bands either side. Its a nice contrast. My partner however likes the pave shank with pave bands.

Ps. I edit images using ''Paint'' and its very simple. I just ''cut'' and then ''paste'' part of the Tiffany wedding band on to the Tiffany Engagement ring.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/29/2007 6:01:09 PM
Author: Miss Aussie
I have to agree, I love the square baguettes on the shank and the pave bands either side. Its a nice contrast. My partner however likes the pave shank with pave bands.

Ps. I edit images using ''Paint'' and its very simple. I just ''cut'' and then ''paste'' part of the Tiffany wedding band on to the Tiffany Engagement ring.

Miss Aussie-

I think the contrast is really pretty. Classy, but unique! I told my FF that I wanted a classic, but unique ring; just like he is a classy but unique man ;-)

BTW:
I have no talent w/ the paint. I keep trying and it looks like a 3 year old did it. I tried using the 3 mm Lucinda band to no avail. If you ever have free time, can you post what it looks like w/ that band on the bottom???
2.gif

thanks!!

Miss Aussie

Rough_Rock
Hi mintve,

I can''t seem to find a ''horizontal'' picture of the 3mm band, the only picture i can find is on the tiffany website and is rotated (if you know what i mean).. so the band is at the wrong angle to ''cut'' and ''paste'' on to the e-ring. If you can find me a good picture of the ring sitting horizontally then I will have another go.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this ring!! I actually like it better with the step cut shank with the round halo. Personally though I think it''s a stand alone ring and would look best with a wedding ring on the other hand. Either step cut or round pave would be beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results