shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad sapphire!

tarte

Rough_Rock
I will try to negotiate the price with the seller, I hope he is open to negotiation,

Thanks for the post i'm going to watch.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is your Max budget? We can find you something of higher quality I think.

tarte

Rough_Rock
I'm going to show you another sapphire from another seller, I find this sapphire personally too dark so I will not buy it I just show it for the pleasure of the eyes;-)

tarte

Rough_Rock
it's a little bigger 5.00 cts
origin madagascar
heated
same gemological certificate as the other sapphire
same price range

tarte

Rough_Rock

tarte

Rough_Rock
lo
Thank you very much but I think take this one, I took into consideration all your message is I understand that this sapphire is not worth 17K so I will offer the seller 15k, is this a fair price ??

tarte

Rough_Rock
lo
Thank you very much but I think take this one, I took into consideration all your message is I understand that this sapphire is not worth 17K so I will offer the seller 15k, is this a fair price ??
@lovedogs

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@tarte - I have been looking for a nice blue as well. Believe it or not, a very trusted supplier of mine presented the EXACT 4.35 ct. sapphire you talk about above to me last week as a potential option. At first I wondered if it could be a coincidence, but I looked at your videos several times and I'm convinced it is the same sapphire. It was still WAY out of my price range, but it was significantly lower than your seller is offering it for (thousands of dollars less), and he was willing to have it certified by Lotus or GRS, both of which are known around the world as reputable. Since I'm not buying it, I'm happy to put you in touch with him.

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@shinyrocks and @tarte -- This is why (although I don't post a whole lot) I adore PS. The peeps here are incredibly generous with their time, knowledge and offers of assistance. :)

End of cheesy detour; carry on. :razz:

Awww thanks :)) Heaven knows this group has helped me innumerable times, so when the rare opportunity arrives to return the favor, I don't mind at all!

tarte

Rough_Rock
@shinyrocks

Really the most relevant comment I've seen so far, (thousands of dollars less:-o) that means I can get a lot bigger sapphire. I want to get my money's worth, I'm very interested in knowing the price that was offered to you for this one, did he try to rip me off? I think I should trust the members of this forum more. Really thank you for notifying me.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@shinyrocks

Really the most relevant comment I've seen so far, (thousands of dollars less:-o) that means I can get a lot bigger sapphire. I want to get my money's worth, I'm very interested in knowing the price that was offered to you for this one, did he try to rip me off? I think I should trust the members of this forum more. Really thank you for notifying me.
I would suggest getting in touch directly with the vendor @shinyrocks dealt with! It's hard to trust your vendor if he's charging so much more AND not offering a better quality cert. I'd contact shiny's vendor and take him up on the GRS/lotus cert!

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@shinyrocks

I wouldn't necessarily say your guy tried to rip you off. He may be pricing it closer to retail. The person who offered it to me is known to price stones very reasonably. I would rather just put you in touch directly with him if that's OK. I forgot that PS doesn't have a IM feature, so I don't have a way of contacting you privately. If you'll post your email address, I'll just have him contact you directly.

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I would suggest getting in touch directly with the vendor @shinyrocks dealt with! It's hard to trust your vendor if he's charging so much more AND not offering a better quality cert. I'd contact shiny's vendor and take him up on the GRS/lotus cert!

Ha! Those were my thoughts as well. Looks like we posted at about the same time :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't necessarily say your guy tried to rip you off. He may be pricing it closer to retail. The person who offered it to me is known to price stones very reasonably. I would rather just put you in touch directly with him if that's OK. I forgot that PS doesn't have a IM feature, so I don't have a way of contacting you privately. If you'll post your email address, I'll just have him contact you directly.

Users aren't allowed to post contact info (for safety. But you can post your contact on poupetroop and op can .email you!

tarte

Rough_Rock
@ovedogs
Thank you for your suggestions

tarte

Rough_Rock
Ha! Those were my thoughts as well. Looks like we posted at about the same time :)

I really appreciate the fact that you want to put me in touch with your supplier, but this sapphire does not interest me anymore, even for 2000 USD I will not take it! no I do not want to leave my email here, I'm talking with two other seller my budget does not exceed 15 800 euros (18000 USD)

tarte

Rough_Rock
J'ai changé d'avis et je me pose la question suivante. Puis-je avoir un saphir non chauffé dans mon budget?
Although heated does not bother me

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really appreciate the fact that you want to put me in touch with your supplier, but this sapphire does not interest me anymore, even for 2000 USD I will not take it! no I do not want to leave my email here, I'm talking with two other seller my budget does not exceed 15 800 euros (18000 USD)

I am a little confused about how you went from "thanks for the advice but I'm buying it anyway" to "I wouldn't buy it for 2K USD"? I think people are trying to help, but it's not clear exactly what you are looking for.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock

That was incredibly nice of shinyrocks (:
Another reason why I love this forum.

I'll be honest, I didnt read the old thread and instead just read this new one and I felt bad for the poster as it truly seemed like only a language barrier but at this point I can totally see the confusion and slight annoyance that other members are feeling.
Its hard for everyone to help you when you're so wishy washy about what you want.
I think itd serve you well to really sit down, draw out a solid budget and exactly the type of stone you want (which will no doubt take the longest) and then take your time looking for it. If/when you know what you want then come to us and you'll have many members here ready to help you!

I hope you find a gem that satisfies you! Good luck!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
:blackeye:

I am also confused why you suddenly lost all interest in this stone. It’s not the language barrier that is an issue, there is a lack of explanation. Yes, I do think you can have an unheated sapphire at your budget but you would obviously pay less for a heated-only sapphire, and therefore get a bigger stone or better color/cut for your money. It’s a matter of what is important to you. Many people here insist on unheated stones while others do not care about heating at all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results