shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad pictures, but.. pictures

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pamplemousse

Rough_Rock
Ok, so I''m a some-times poster but I know there''s at least one of you (yay, LostSapphire, for getting your stone! I can''t wait to see photos!) patiently patiently waiting to see if I''m ever going to post pictures. So. I still don''t have a camera (August. Really. I promise.) but we did take some stills with a video camera. A forewarning: they are fuzzy. But you''ll get the general idea.

Taken indoors so the sapphire is showing purple. I''ll take plenty outdoors when I can so it will show blue.
31.gif

fuzzyring4.jpg

pamplemousse

Rough_Rock
We definitely couldn''t have done it without you guys, so I really will be back with some better pics. After all of the time I spent drooling over the eyecandy over here, the least I can do is contribute.
1.gif

fuzzyring5.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
oohh I love the setting too! Can''t wait for camera pics!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yay!!!!I''ve been waiting forever to see it too!!!I''ve always been fascinated by your avatar pic. Love it so far!!!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
HOLEEEEEE MOLEEEEEE!!!

What a stunner! That was worth waiting for!

Thanks
2.gif

pamplemousse

Rough_Rock
Thanks y''all!
35.gif

We seriously would never have come up with the setting without this site.. and I DEFINITELY wouldn''t have found wildfish (where we got the stone) on my own. I was barely coming to terms with the fact that sapphires came in something other than blue when I was fortunate enough to find PS. Yay! This site is such an awesome resource.. our stone and appraiser (David Atlas, who recommended the local jeweler who did the setting) were both 100% PS finds. There will definitely be lots of pics to come.
1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, it looks GORGEOUS!! I can''t wait to see more pics.
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Pamplemousse...so excited to see how you set that stone. Your pictures are still up on Wildfishgems, and I wonder how the color change looks every time I see them.

pamplemousse

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/2/2008 6:01:32 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Pamplemousse...so excited to see how you set that stone. Your pictures are still up on Wildfishgems, and I wonder how the color change looks every time I see them.

Yeah, they keep all kinds of "sold" stones up on their site, for whatever reason... the captions on the zooms are no joke: it really IS more green than it seems in the photos. I''ll definitely try to capture the color change when I take photos later. Even after how ever many months it still amazes me!

Catmom: Thanks.
1.gif
I''m so excited to share pics with folks whose jewels I have admired for so long! I never even knew I was a jewelry person!
11.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! it looks beautiful!!! I, too, can''t wait to see more pictures. What a beautiful ring!!!!! It really looks stunning on you!!!
36.gif

pamplemousse

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/2/2008 11:47:11 PM
Author: Linda W
WOW!!! it looks beautiful!!! I, too, can''t wait to see more pictures. What a beautiful ring!!!!! It really looks stunning on you!!!
36.gif

Thanks.
1.gif

I''m definitely hoping to get some better shots with a macro setting and I also really want to get some shots that show the color change.. it''s the craziest thing I''ve ever seen!
Anywho.. I appreciate the kind words.
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
P, how big is your stone, I don''t remember what you said. I really would like to have a color change sapphire someday. My collection are pad sapphires. I really love yours.

Linda

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh it looks lovely! Can''t wait to see more photos!

pamplemousse

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 6:01:32 PM
Author: Linda W
P, how big is your stone, I don''t remember what you said. I really would like to have a color change sapphire someday. My collection are pad sapphires. I really love yours.

Linda

It''s about 3 carats (I think 3.22 or something). We looked at a lot of different stones and we''re both thrilled with what we ultimately got.. When I talked to Ed (via e-mail) I told him we were interested in something color-change like the stone we got, but cushion cut like another stone on his site. He replied that he had "never seen this kind of color change before." That was basically enough to convince us to bite the bullet. When the stone arrive and we had it appraised, I think D.Atlas''s exact words were, "well, you don''t see that every day."

That was basically our reaction
9.gif

I can''t tell if it''s the color change itself or the fact that it is "natural" that I find so amazing.

Anyway.

The more I look around, the more I think a pad will be my next purchase. It''s the same kind of "is it pink? is it orange?" sort of magical effect that I love. This stone on WF makes me swoon every time I see the damn thing.
18.gif
If only I had six thousand dollars laying around...
20.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! It''s nice to see the finished product, at last!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results