shape
carat
color
clarity

Background on LuckyesheFSIL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 12:52:55 AM
Author: jaylex
Date: 9/28/2009 8:35:50 PM

Author: Luckyeshe

This is the other solitaire with a surprise diamond, but the shank is 3.5mm. Would this make the diamond look smaller? I believe it could be shaved down a bit, but I haven''t called quite yet.

I think that setting is beautiful! I love the profile! Then again, it''s rather similar to my setting so i may be a bit biased lol.

and to answer your question about the setting making her diamond look small, the band of my ering is rather thick but i don''t think it makes my diamond look ''small''... It doesn''t make it look larger by any means tho. It ''cuddles'' it lol.

Maybe my pic will help give you some perspective?:

(btw, my stone is .81 so hers will look bigger)

But I also LOVE the setting that vc10um posted. if she doesn''t mind color, it would be a perfect blend of what they both like!

Love the one similar to Jaylex''s!! And maybe she can incorporate the pave element she likes with a beautiful eternity band at the wedding if it''s in the budget! Does she have long fingers? I know when I was trying on solitaires (which I didn''t end up going with) my long fingers needed something more substantial than a 2mm shank... 3.5-4.5 felt much better. So if she is saying she wants it to be thick for a reason, I''d be wary about going much thinner... Just my .02! Sounds like either way, she will be over the moon thrilled. Plus with that killer diamond she''s not even going to be able to see the shank... Talk about blinded by the light! ;-)

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again, ladies!
1.gif
I''ll be sharing this thread with my brother at the end of the week. I''m loving all the advice and assistance! You ladies are wonderful!! Here''s another one that I think is the closest and it''s at bluenile. Unfortunately, this ring won''t come with prongs. And it''ll need to be resized from a 6 to a 5.25. So even though the cost is close to the max he''s willing to spend, to get the diamond in the ring is going to be a few more hundred dollars.

Also, we actually want to work with James Allen for all the warranty and stuff and he kinda likes the french pave e-rings so he''s looking into that now. We''re aiming for a 2.5 mm+ shank (thanks, LFVdoll and Jaylex for the shank/band input). So, again thanks so much for the help ladies! Whenever it gets finished, I''ll take pics of the finished product and share with you! (Then the real wait begins
31.gif
)
21.gif

mflookalike.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results