shape
carat
color
clarity

Background on LuckyesheFSIL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
With pictures of her diamond attached!

LuckyesheFSIL is my MOH for my wedding as well as my bestestest friend. We''ve been friends since middle school. I thought of her as my little sister. Now, when we were in high school her and my younger brother decided that they wanted to date. Boy, was I worried! I didn''t want to lose my best friend if anything bad happened! Knowing this, they asked me both for permission to date each other. Of course I gave them my blessing. Fast forward to 8 years later and right after my engagement, my brother purchased her diamond! They''ve been talking about getting married and knowing that they want to be together forever but the talk has been going on for at least 2 years without any action from my little brother. Now that he has the diamond, I hope he moves faster since they''ve known each other for 13 years and have been dating for 8 years. Hopefully a proposal will happen some time at the end of the year if not next year. I helped him pick out her diamond after I discovered pricescope! I''m trying to guide him on the setting she wants since she''s told me what she wants but he has ideas of his own...So we''ll see how the setting hunt goes!

So without further ado, here''s LuckyesheFSIL''s diamond!

DSC02964ps.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
And of course, ladies, I''d love to get your opinion on the diamond and what you all think! Hopefully we did good!

Stats: 1.00 round brilliant, VS2, H, EGL certified

DSC02967ps.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Love the fire this diamond throws around!

DSC02968ps.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
On my hand....

DSC02971ps.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Close up on my hand....

DSC02975ps.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
My diamond with her diamond! It feels like they''re sister diamonds or inlaw diamonds or something like that! I''m being corny!

DSC02977ps.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Loose diamonds are so cool to take pictures of! I think this is my fave pic of her diamond!

DSC02988ps.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I take that back...THIS is my favorite picture of her rock! Mainly because I caught the sparkle and I''m soo proud of myself! Since I have absolutely no idea how to photoshop sparkle!!

DSC02997ps.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Her''s and mine!

DSC02992ps.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Her diamond: 1.00 H VS2
Mine: 1.00 D VS2

DSC02994ps.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Both on my hand!

Thanks for looking, folks!!

DSC03001ps.jpg

tigian

Ideal_Rock
You''re so lucky to have such a special friendship. Great pictures of the "friends" together. Both "friends" are gorgeous!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow that diamond is amazing. Good for you for "helping" I''m sure it''s appreciated.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
W
30.gif
W!!! It''s LOVELY!!! It''s so wonderful that you guys are so close, and that she was your "sister" before becoming your SIL!!!
9.gif
Can''t wait to see that beautiful RB set!

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
Blinded by the light!!!! What AMAZING pictures of the brilliance and fire of BOTH diamonds!! And how sweet that you''ve been so involved. I''m sure your FSIL absolutely LOVES that you added your expert opinion in this process!! I know I would if I was in her shoes. ;-) Can''t wait to see that beautiful stone SET! Woo!

purelily

Shiny_Rock
You can really see the arrows in that diamond <3

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies!! She''s my bestestest and I love her to death! I''m glad that we did good since I wanted to make sure she got exactly what she wanted within the boundaries my brother gave me (budgetwise). Now if only I could get him committed on a setting and get it mounted, my job will be done!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Awesome diamond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Gotta love those fire shots!
30.gif

how different are the setting stles that they like?
any pics?

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies!! You gals are awesome!!!

To answer your question, jaylex, I''m attaching the pictures of what she wants versus what he wants. And they''re not that close together....or maybe....

This is what she truly wants, a Martin Flyer with 2 pear side diamonds. She''d be happy if it was just the pear side diamonds without the pave round diamonds on the band.

martinflyerpear.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
He likes this one from James Allen. It''s better budgetwise. Technically, I like this one and I know she''d be happy with but he''s also looking at just solitaires too.

jamesallen1.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Now the issue is he likes how this looks and how it will potentially make her diamond pop since the band is 1.7mm closest to the diamond and it widens to 2.5 at the bottom of the band. But she wants a bit of a thicker band. She thinks that a 3mm is what she wants so now we''re both confused. Does anyone have any ideas? She''s told me and him (in separate conversations) that she would love anything he gets her so should we just go with what he wants to get her? The James Allen ring is the best we could do within his budget that still gets her some more bling than a normal solitaire.

jamesallen2.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
This is the other solitaire with a surprise diamond, but the shank is 3.5mm. Would this make the diamond look smaller? I believe it could be shaved down a bit, but I haven''t called quite yet.

jamesallensoliup.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Side view of the solitaire

jamesallensoli.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
How does she feel about color? This is one of my favorite JA rings...well, I like it with the trillions...but here it is with the pears...and it''s in your brother''s budget...at least it''s close to the first one you posted in terms of price!

vc10umJA2.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Full side profile of the setting.

So what do you ladies think?

jamesallensolisurprise.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, vc10um! I''ll have to ask her that one. He doesn''t want to spend more than $850 for a setting so this definitely makes the cut. The problem I''m encountering now is that she''s getting suspicious of me!

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Hey Luckyeshe The diamonds are very pretty!I like the one with the two side stones, it matches most what your FSIL wants, but the one VC10um posted is very pretty and it looks good too :)

I would go with those two over the solitare IMHO

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Aw, that is so great that your best friend is going to marry your little brother! I personally love surprise diamonds, but of the rings in this thread I think I most like the one you said would be best budgetwise that your brother came up with.

Love the pics you posted of the diamond sisters! ;-)

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/28/2009 8:35:50 PM
Author: Luckyeshe
This is the other solitaire with a surprise diamond, but the shank is 3.5mm. Would this make the diamond look smaller? I believe it could be shaved down a bit, but I haven't called quite yet.
I think that setting is beautiful! I love the profile! Then again, it's rather similar to my setting so i may be a bit biased lol.
and to answer your question about the setting making her diamond look small, the band of my ering is rather thick but i don't think it makes my diamond look "small"... It doesn't make it look larger by any means tho. It "cuddles" it lol.

Maybe my pic will help give you some perspective?:
(btw, my stone is .81 so hers will look bigger)

But I also LOVE the setting that vc10um posted. if she doesn't mind color, it would be a perfect blend of what they both like!

jaylexering929.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results