carat
color
clarity

Back to the drawing board? Input on some lower $ sapphires

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Back to the drawing board? Input on some lower $ sapphir

OK--Why would you buy the stone on payments when you say you could pay it off in one credit cycle? Or likewise, return the gem for a prompt refund. This isn't making sense...... People on this forum are very helpful, but usually buyers have made movement to at least see gems in person at this point.

hobbitfancier55

Shiny_Rock

digdeep|1487780672|4132153 said:
OK--Why would you buy the stone on payments when you say you could pay it off in one credit cycle? Or likewise, return the gem for a prompt refund. This isn't making sense...... People on this forum are very helpful, but usually buyers have made movement to at least see gems in person at this point.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear in my last post. I don't think I said we would pay it off in one credit cycle? I'm sure if it came down to it my boyfriend could, but I know he would prefer not to put it all on the card at one time. He doesn't want an emergency to come up and then be left paying interest on a purchase that large.

Additionally, if we did pay to see one, and then decide to keep it, it would still all be on the card. Unless we somehow purchased it so see in person, returned, and then set up a payment plan.

Neither my boyfriend or I have done anything like this before. He's far more old fashioned when it comes to purchasing decisions like this, and I'm sure if it were up to him he'd prefer to just go to a brick and mortar. He knows that's not what I want though, so I also have to make some concessions and be patient with him. If it were up to me we would have ordered the cushion and round to compare to each other over a week ago, but I am not the one with the pocketbook on this purchase :)

I'll come back and update the board once we've finally purchased something.

Bex

Shiny_Rock

I think this might be an area where buying from a mall jeweler or large chain (Tiffany's, Shane Co., etc.) is hugely different than buying from an independent gemstone dealer. Many places that sell engagement rings offer payment plans, where most gemstone purchases are paid upfront.

Some vendors (but definitely not all!) are willing to let you put down a deposit to see a stone, then you pay the balance if you decided to keep it. If you're interested in the Finewater sapphire, I would strongly recommend reaching out to Gary to see what your options are. Honestly, if you delay much longer, it increases the chances that the stones you fancy are snapped up by other buyers.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

If you are looking for a vendor that offers a payment plan, Africa Gems does on purchases over $1,000. He gives the option for up to 3 monthly payments and also offers Stuller mountings. He will also send you a video of a stone if requested. Might be worth checking out his inventory :).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results