shape
carat
color
clarity

Back from Maui, with pics from Richter & Son''s at the Grand Wailea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pixie1216

Rough_Rock
ugggggh!!! where are my smelling salts!!!! love all of them! what size is your finger? you are so lucky, everything fits you! i can never try on rings, nothing is ever in my size!!
39.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh what great pics! Thanks so much for sharing them with us.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
LTP, thanks you SO much for taking these pics and sharing them--they are a step-cut lover''s DREAM!! I am so in love with them, I hope you had a fabulous time both in and out of the jewelry store!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 3:47:42 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
On my hand - I think this is a bit too big for me. I know, I didn''t think there was such a thing!

original.aspx

too big???? BITE YOUR TONGUE
31.gif

OMG you just made me gasp...WOW

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Whoa! Yum!

cheers--Sharon

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I showed my husband your pics Lauren and he said ''What does she tell them when she goes in with her camera?''

9.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You must have had such fun! My favourite is the same as yours, the EC with traps! I''d love to see if a 4ct was too big for me - I can''t imagine it would be but ...........

Thanks so much for sharing Lauren.

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
I think this is what my heaven looks like.

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2009 4:06:29 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Love the photos! Thanks for posting. Looks like you had a great time!

Ditto! Its great they let you take pics! I didnt realize places let you do that!
30.gif
31.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooooo, I love the Grand Wailea and those gems!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
AMAZING pictures Lauren - looks like a definite highlight of any vacation
9.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pics...I think my hand would be shaking if I had something like that on my finger...why cant I have just one??? I''m not too
greedy am I???

icekid

Ideal_Rock
hellooooo eye-candy! Loving all of those huge asschers! You must have been in heaven. No colored stones?
1.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
OMG !! We need a field trip!

I don''t ever recall seeing the store - but me thinks a trip just for that one store is called for. (forget the beach!)
I love how gracious they were to let you take all those pics. Did you tell them about PS ?
In your asscher bracelet pic, there is 1 (of a pr., I assume) earring shown, that is something I have in
the back of my mind, and viola, there it is!!
thanks so much. love the bling.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
oh, Lauren, how was the pricing?
is this store in the same complex as Tiffany''s?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! Thanks!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I just noticed on that split shank asscher that it''s the kind of cut where the windmills don''t go all the way into the center. Interesting.

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 3:57:05 PM
And I loved this bezel set OMC with french cut sides!

original.aspx

I can''t decide if this is my favorite or the emerald with traps (your favorite ) !!! They are soooooo beautiful, I can''t believe it. What''s the price range....do I want to know? That''s sooo awsome they let you take pics. x
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your comments, ladies! I had to take a little nap since our plane landed at 4:55 am, and I was beat!

Dani - I know - I had that ring on my hand for like. . . 10 minutes! Ronald, the SA there, was great fun! Then I set it down, and as we were getting ready to wrap up, a woman came in with her husband and son and sounded relieved when she pointed at my hand and said "There it is!" I guess she wanted the EC/trap ring. Her poor husband had this somewhat defeated look on his face, but she had ~2.5 ct. studs in her ears, so I''m sure he''s used to it.

BeachRunner - I think I had 5 ECs and Asschers out and on my hand at once, but I hadn''t started taking pics yet.

DiamonteBlue - thank you! I had a blast!

Lorelie - you''re welcome! I''ll likely be going back to the same hotel next year around the same time, so I''ll take more pics when we go back!

Gummibear - me, too! I didn''t take pics of it, but there was an amazing 13 ct. sapphire, completely unheated, with shield sides that I tried on, and nearly fell over. I wish I had pics of it! It was divine!

Pixie - thanks! My finger is around a 4.75, and these tings all seemed to be just a hair bigger than my size.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Angeline - thanks!

NEL - I had an amazing time, but spent probably about 2 hours total in this shop! It was awesome!

Atroop - that Asscher was amazing - and on fire. The shank was a little thick for my taste, which is part of what made it seem too big on me, I think. If it had a 3mm shank, I''d probably be singing a different tune.

Canuck-Gal - thanks, Sharon!

Maisie - I asked the SA if I could just take some pics - explained a bit about Pricescope, and I would almost bet one of them may be emailing Ali or Andrey to figure out how to become a PS vendor.

LD - i think I loved that one so much because it was a bit fatter. My dream ring ($ NO object) is still an Asscher with side traps.

Littlemissbliss - Mine, too! My husband is so understanding!

Redrose - Anytime I can, I try and take pics of settings/rings I find awe inspiring. It''s amazing how many high end jewelers will let you do it if you just expolain what PS is and dazzle them with your diamond knowledge. ;-)

Catmom - this was my first time there, so I imagine everytime I go back, I''ll make a thread like this!

AmberGretchen - that''s why I posted these here! You guys are the only ones who will understand.

Tyty333 - I think my hand is used to this now, which is kind of cool. When I first started getting into this as a hobby, I would very nearly run away screaming if someone offered me a $400k ring to try on. Now, I''m like, "Got anything bigger?"
2.gif

Icekid - I know, I was all over the Asschers. There were tons of yellows I tried on, but didn''t get pics of, and a 1.8 and a 13 ct Sapphire 3 stone ring. I have to say - the 13 ct. ROCKED!

Bebe - I''m going back next April (this is my company''s President''s Club trip), so we should totally plan a Maui GTG!!!!
2.gif
This store was immediately adjacent to the hotel, and the pricing . . . well, it was high end.
3.gif

Imdanny - thanks!

NEL - yeah, had to explain Asschers, square emeralds, square baguettes, etc. to the SA, and explain windmills, which was kind of cool. She said, so wait, your windmills go all the way to the middle, why doesn''t the split shank?
16.gif

Rose-E - that ring was a 1.04 center, and I can''t remember specs, but the price was $13k. They''re a bit overpriced, but some of the amazing estate pieces were completely one of a kind. I''ve never seen anything like some of the stuff they had, except they totally had a copy of Coati''s TRanny 3 stone! If I wasn''t an online shopper, I may have been tempted to try and negotiate the price ont he OMC down, and they had a HUGE OEC, that was TDF, and about $20k overpriced.
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 3:57:05 PM
And I loved this bezel set OMC with french cut sides!

original.aspx
OMG dying over this one. But they are all so lovely Lauren. Thanks for sharing these beautiies with us. So glad you had a fabulous vacation!!! Any idea, how much this ring costs?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just for kicks...how much was the 30 ct bracelet? My BD is next week so maybe hubby will buy it!
32.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Just amazing photos!!!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
I am drooling over these pics
18.gif
I absolutely ADORE the asscher in the setting with all the miligrain...stunning.

You really stumbled upon a jackpot, Lauren! Thanks for sharing the eye-candy!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
omg Lauren those are TDF!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Lauren,

THANK YOU for sharing these AWESOME photos with us!!!
30.gif

You always take care of us PS''ers....even on your vacation!!!
36.gif

Lori

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Lauren! those pics are awesome!!!! Thank you! And I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited you posted these, we''re headed to Maui (Kihei) in 2 weeks so it''s perfect timing!!! I want an upgrade for my asscher (only a 2 ct though) so maybe I should try on the 5ct for hubby so he''ll feel like he''s getting a real deal only upgrading me to a 2 ct! LOL :)

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 10:40:55 PM
Author: asscher_girl
OMG Lauren! those pics are awesome!!!! Thank you! And I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited you posted these, we''re headed to Maui (Kihei) in 2 weeks so it''s perfect timing!!! I want an upgrade for my asscher (only a 2 ct though) so maybe I should try on the 5ct for hubby so he''ll feel like he''s getting a real deal only upgrading me to a 2 ct! LOL :)
You so have to go in this bling box and tell them we are all drooling over their goodies.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
SDL - lol, I know! I wished you all were with me! Could you imagine? All 3,000 crammed into that tiny shoppe?

Kaleigh - thanks, hun! AFAIK, it''s a 1.08ish OMC (it''s super mis-shapen, and the bezel follows the shape perfectly, which is most of its awesome character) and I believe it was $13k.

AprilBaby - I believe that 30 ct. bracelet was $250k. I had both Asscher bracelets, 4 rings, and a necklace all on at the same time. I was in HEAVEN!

Chiquitapet - thanks!

Idreamofcushions - that Asscher was probably my favourite, simple because the patterns were so nice. It was a 2 ct. F SI1, and it was perfect on my hand. The setting seemed a little thick to me, but the side view of that ring was just TDF. Rose gold delicate hearts and lovely miligrain!

BEG and Loriken - you know I heart you guys!
30.gif

Asschergirl - HOW EXCITING!!!!! OK, so the shop is actually just inside the Grand Wailea. If you come here for lunch or something, valet your car, head to the left past the elevators, and make a left near the first shop you come to. You''ll come to some stairs, and you''ll see Richter''s right in front of you. The guy that helped me the first day was Ronald, and I can''t recall the name of the woman who helped me the second day, but I loved her! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results