shape
carat
color
clarity

Back from ERD in NYC, looking for your input on our cushion!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Based on my avid reading here on PS, BF and I spent two hours at ERD with Gary today. Mark was unfortunately indisposed, but he had set aside a few diamonds for us to choose from. Gary was knowledgeable, kind, and patient with all of our beginner-esque questions.

Without further ado, I request your input on the stone we chose. We''re so excited about it, but this is our first diamond so it''s a little intimidating...

0.94 carat, H VS1, Cushion Brilliant

GIA Specifications
Measurements : 6.18 x 5.42 x 3.68
Depth : 67.9%
Table : 56%
Polish : Excellent
Symmetry : Excellent
Fluorescence : None
Ratio : 1.14

Stupidly, we took no pictures. I really want one of those magnified pictures to post proudly on the screen, but I''ll just try to attach an image of the facets to give you an idea of what we''re looking at.

Everything seems perfect to me, but BF and I are just curious to know if $3600 sounds right for those specs. We love it, but, like I said, we''re new to this and hoping for moral support.

Thanks for any input you can provide!
1.gif

redshoesfacets.jpg

bosoxbw

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 12:04:00 AM
Author:darkeyesredshoes
Based on my avid reading here on PS, BF and I spent two hours at ERD with Gary today. Mark was unfortunately indisposed, but he had set aside a few diamonds for us to choose from. Gary was knowledgeable, kind, and patient with all of our beginner-esque questions.

Without further ado, I request your input on the stone we chose. We''re so excited about it, but this is our first diamond so it''s a little intimidating...

0.94 carat, H VS1, Cushion Brilliant

GIA Specifications

Measurements : 6.18 x 5.42 x 3.68

Depth : 67.9%

Table : 56%

Polish : Excellent

Symmetry : Excellent

Fluorescence : None

Ratio : 1.14

Stupidly, we took no pictures. I really want one of those magnified pictures to post proudly on the screen, but I''ll just try to attach an image of the facets to give you an idea of what we''re looking at.

Everything seems perfect to me, but BF and I are just curious to know if $3600 sounds right for those specs. We love it, but, like I said, we''re new to this and hoping for moral support.

Thanks for any input you can provide!
1.gif

Nothing concerning in the numbers... I bet it looks a lot like neatfreak''s stone... which means it is beautiful. And not worries on the price...

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, I''m so happy to hear that! I just can''t wait to have it in the setting and on my finger! It was a long day of driving from MA but definitely worth it.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trust mark :)

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Mark is amazing! I am jealous you got to visit his business. Mark has an excellent reputation on this site, and with me, personally. My bf bought my cushion from him and we love it. Unfortunately, I don''t have pics posted but maybe I can do that soon. Good luck!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the compliment bosoxbw! I love my cushion too.

I concur, trust Mark. Nothing worrisome at all in your numbers, but cushions you need to see, so if you saw it and love it, it sounds perfect!

ETA: Price sounds perfectly within reason.

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
neatfreak: I''m a big fan of your cushion as well!

I''m so glad for the positive responses, and I''m looking forward to being yet another proud cushion wearer sometime soon! Now we just have to get the issues of setting and proposal sorted out. Easy as pie, right?

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds great. I can''t wait to see the ring. Mark always has such beautiful cushions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results