shape
carat
color
clarity

Bachelor Rome, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kaya

Rough_Rock
Yeah that part didn''t make sense to me, but I thought he let down Agnese better than Sadie.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it was the UGLIEST RING IN BACHELOR HISTORY

I wanted Chris Harrison to call it that so bad.

Also not to be different or anything, I thought Sadie was a cute, sweet girl BUT I think that she played the V-card a little hard.
She told his MOM about it for goodness sake. I don''t know about the rest of you, but I think discussing your "status" w/ your boyfriend''s mom is the epitome of classlessness. Do you think that his mom really needed to know that at their first meeting? It''s not like Sadie hadn''t already told Lorenzo- to me that is something very personal and you don''t need to be all Jessica Simpson and sing it from the mountain tops- look at how that worked out for her!

Just because you are virgin doesn''t mean you are classy- I think flaunting anything is totally tastless and the tastelessness is only magnified when you are flaunting something that is sexual in nature- a la Joe and Jessica Simpson. It works both ways and I think anything else is a double standard.

Also a girl making a scrapbook for a guy???? c''mon- to quote Wedding Crashers - "we have a stage 5 clinger!"
I remember when my SIL showed me the scrapbook she made for her boyfriend on their year anniversary of dating and thinking- geez- he is whipped and that is a totally inappropriate present for a guy. No guy really WANTS a scrapbook- a nice photo album is one thing, but a scrapbook?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2006 4:12:05 PM
Author: dtnyc
I thought Sadie was a cute, sweet girl BUT I think that she played the V-card a little hard. She told his MOM about it for goodness sake. I don't know about the rest of you, but I think discussing your 'status' w/ your boyfriend's mom is the epitome of classlessness. Do you think that his mom really needed to know that at their first meeting? It's not like Sadie hadn't already told Lorenzo- to me that is something very personal and you don't need to be all Jessica Simpson and sing it from the mountain tops- look at how that worked out for her!
HA!!!!!! YES!!! Thank you for saying that! I felt the SAME way!! It's one thing to *be* a virgin - or - a "classy conservative lady" but it's QUITE ANOTHER to be seemingly *using* that fact as a calling-card.
20.gif

Honestly I thought she was scheming as the Planner & the Socialite .. she was just BETTER at it ... more subtle ... more cunning. But in the end when she started dangling her ladyflower around like sirloin in front of a tiger ... it became a little *unflatteringly desperate*.
11.gif

ETA: And did you catch his MOM's reaction ... like "Say wha??? WhatEVER." That minxy Mom weren't no VIRGIN when she married HER prince ... I'm SURE!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2006 4:33:42 PM
Author: decodelighted

HA!!!!!! YES!!! Thank you for saying that! I felt the SAME way!! It''s one thing to *be* a virgin - or - a ''classy conservative lady'' but it''s QUITE ANOTHER to be seemingly *using* that fact as a calling-card.
20.gif

Honestly I thought she was scheming as the Planner & the Socialite .. she was just BETTER at it ... more subtle ... more cunning. But in the end when she started dangling her ladyflower around like sirloin in front of a tiger ... it became a little *unflatteringly desperate*.
11.gif

ETA: And did you catch his MOM''s reaction ... like ''Say wha??? WhatEVER.'' That minxy Mom weren''t no VIRGIN when she married HER prince ... I''m SURE!
I also always feel that someone who describes him or herself as being classy usually isn''t.

I was really hoping that the mom would say, "You that is your choice and it''s lovely, but you should realize it''s 2006, my son is 34 and we really aren''t "royalty" and only in the British Royal family does the woman who is going to be Queen need to be the big V."

I would have loved to have seen her face!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I watch the show mostly because I enjoy poking fun at it. And I have to admit, I like seeing the different locales and the dresses the girls wear. I was glad that Lorenzo didn''t pick Sadie. Better to not be picked than to have her heart broken later which seems to inevitably happen. It is always such a cop-out when the bachelor doesn''t propose (not that I think he really should) and the show talks about ''the biggest decison of his life''. More like the biggest decision that will last 5 minutes.

I don''t find the next bachelor very attractive at all. Oh well.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I too got to the point where if Sadie said "I am saving myself for marriage" ONE more time I was going to hurl. Yes, in this day and age it is more of a novelty for a girl her age to have kept her values sexually and not give in to temptation, but ENOUGH already. I mean, she should have just worn a big V on her sweater. Once it comes up all the time, it sort of becomes obnoxious to me, and I know she felt it made her better or more special but it started to get on my last nerve. I think she was cute and seemed elegant and a bit more mature than Jen, but who can explain chemistry between people? And, I did see an edge to her on the final show, big time, and I think the cuteness could be gone in a flash if she was pissed off...

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2006 4:12:05 PM
I thought it was the UGLIEST RING IN BACHELOR HISTORY

I wanted Chris Harrison to call it that so bad.

Also not to be different or anything, I thought Sadie was a cute, sweet girl BUT I think that she played the V-card a little hard.
She told his MOM about it for goodness sake. I don''t know about the rest of you, but I think discussing your ''status'' w/ your boyfriend''s mom is the epitome of classlessness. Do you think that his mom really needed to know that at their first meeting? It''s not like Sadie hadn''t already told Lorenzo- to me that is something very personal and you don''t need to be all Jessica Simpson and sing it from the mountain tops- look at how that worked out for her!

Just because you are virgin doesn''t mean you are classy- I think flaunting anything is totally tastless and the tastelessness is only magnified when you are flaunting something that is sexual in nature- a la Joe and Jessica Simpson. It works both ways and I think anything else is a double standard.

Also a girl making a scrapbook for a guy???? c''mon- to quote Wedding Crashers - ''we have a stage 5 clinger!''
I remember when my SIL showed me the scrapbook she made for her boyfriend on their year anniversary of dating and thinking- geez- he is whipped and that is a totally inappropriate present for a guy. No guy really WANTS a scrapbook- a nice photo album is one thing, but a scrapbook?
Hey, don''t knock the scrapbook thing too much...I made one for my DH when we were dating and he was SO impressed. He still has it to this day. Ok, maybe Sadie shared one too many times about being a virgin, I will give that to you, but it is rare anymore---which to me is very sad, judge all you want cuz I don''t care---to have young women honor that part of themselves. I don''t want to get into a tirade of whether one should or should not stay abstinent before marriage. It IS a personal choice so maybe Sadie sharing it with someone besides Lorenzo was a bit much. Oh, and PLEASE do not compare Sadie to Jessica Simpson. Ugh...

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 12:30:25 PM
Author: DeannaBana
Hey, don''t knock the scrapbook thing too much...I made one for my DH when we were dating and he was SO impressed. He still has it to this day. Ok, maybe Sadie shared one too many times about being a virgin, I will give that to you, but it is rare anymore---which to me is very sad, judge all you want cuz I don''t care---to have young women honor that part of themselves. I don''t want to get into a tirade of whether one should or should not stay abstinent before marriage. It IS a personal choice so maybe Sadie sharing it with someone besides Lorenzo was a bit much. Oh, and PLEASE do not compare Sadie to Jessica Simpson. Ugh...
I agree with you it''s rare. Unfortunately it''s even more rare for a MAN to save himself and I find it to be a big double standard and disservice to all women, that it''s always the girl or the lady who saves HERSELF. Why can''t the man honor himself and give that gift to his wife? Doesn''t a woman, the mother of his future children deserve the same as a man?

We heard ALL about Jessica Simpson saving herself before their wedding on Newlyweds- another reality show, so to me there was a lot of similarity there. I was expecting Sadie''s dad to bring it up at dinner in attempt to "sell" his daughter.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 12:56:07 PM
We heard ALL about Jessica Simpson saving herself before their wedding on Newlyweds- another reality show, so to me there was a lot of similarity there. I was expecting Sadie''s dad to bring it up at dinner in attempt to ''sell'' his daughter.
Hahaha, totally!!!

And I agree with everything else you''re saying too, dtnyc, only with slightly less venom about the scrapbook
3.gif
Hehe, but Sadie was TOTALLY getting on my nerves and I cannot agree more with whoever said that generally people who feel the need to proclaim how classy they are over and over are NOT actually the classy ones!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2006 8:09:59 PM
Author: diamondfan
I too got to the point where if Sadie said 'I am saving myself for marriage' ONE more time I was going to hurl.
To be fair, they edit these shows like crazy. A lot of the times they showed her saying that, they were using the same audio/video clip over and over. So it's possible that she only "announced it" 3 or 4 times, even though they made a point of showing her say it 8-10 times per episode!

Plus, all of the one-on-one with the camera shots are actually them being interviewed. So if the original cut was Interviewer: "Do you view yourself as a classy lady?" Sadie "Yes, I am a classy lady." .....All we see after editing is Sadie proclaiming "I am a classy lady!!" They probably asked her those questions over and over to make it look like she voluntarily talked about it all of the time.

ETA: Not that it isn't annoying to hear someone repeatedly announcing stuff like this! I just think that people are portrayed the way the show's producers want them to be, not the way they actually are.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Fair points, Musey, that was my take on 90% of the "I could be a princess and marry my prince!" comments. I can''t believe more than one or two of those girls were really dumb enough to want to repeatedly say that every interview.
20.gif

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Can anyone post a picture of the ring? I''m curious. I''ve stopped watching afetr Andrew Firestone (right before Bob Guinney, I think). I always try to watch the fianles though to get a glimpse of the ring, but I missed this one. What can I say, I''m a PS''er!
9.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I honestly never got a good look at the ring- but it looked a little odd. I thought it was ugly. It seemed like a BIG bezel-ish setting on top of a split shank- it was very modern looking.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Regarding why he picked Jen over Sadie, I wonder if his "overnight trip" with Jen (and the actions involved)vs. with Sadie had something to do with his preference? After all a prince is still a man...

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 4:54:02 PM
Author: zhuzhu
Regarding why he picked Jen over Sadie, I wonder if his ''overnight trip'' with Jen (and the actions involved)vs. with Sadie had something to do with his preference? After all a prince is still a man...

He porbably didn''t like it that he didn''t "get some."
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results