shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Names

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that Amelia can be looked at that way! So great...and creative too, but coming up with a name that sounds lovely and elegant and not made up!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I keep a mental list of names I cannot stand while I deliver mail...todays toppers are:

Jorja Brown, Shandi, Azlynne, Jazzalyn (also listed as Jazzi), Killian (a girl)

People seen to love giving their children names that are supposed to make them feel special! and unique! but only serve to trip up machines and phone operators.

Oh, when mom was pregnant, she wanted Crystal Chandelier or Mitzi Sue...dad hit the roof "I don''t care if its a boy, girl or a dog...name it Billy...no damned stripper names" Mom changed the spelling to something andro.... I have gotten nothing but lesbian cracks my whole life, have to show ID for every transaction, get told I have to use my own credit card, not my husbands, and have ebay purchased marked to Mr Bill. (and I buy jewelry and purses!) If dad weren''t still alive, I would change it to just about any girl''s name.
Funny, mom does not like my daughter''s name Maria Elizabeth, because its too normal.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I bought my first Baby Name Book when I was 9, and it''s been downhill ever since... I''d need to have 20 kids to use up all the names I have picked!
31.gif

But my fiance and I made a pact that he gets to choose the number of children (2 if we get one boy and one girl, 3 otherwise -- possibly adopting the last)... and I get to choose their names. Works for me! Even though I''d prefer 4-6 kids if we could afford it.
2.gif
Fortunately he likes the names I''ve selected:

"Jack Charles" = his dad''s first name; my dad''s first name and brother''s middle name
"Noah Christopher" = like the name (classic and not overly trendy...yet!); my other brother''s middle name
"Elizabeth Joy" (Ella for short) = like the name; my, my mom''s, and my cousin''s middle name
"Alexa Grace" = like it and its related to his mom''s name; middle name sort of along the same theme as Joy

Then there are plenty of back-ups... I love "Owen" too for a boy so I sometimes interchange that with Noah.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Since FI is the 4th of 5 kids and his older siblings already have 9 kids between them, naming our kids after his side of the family is pretty much out unless we just use it for middle names. All of the family names are pretty much taken. No one''s taken FI''s name obviously since it''s his to pass on, so that will probably be our only family name

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
So hubby and I went on a walk and he sorta played the name game with me (after pronouncing, "I don''t do anything in advance, why would I do this in advance" to which I responded "If you don''t play with me and we decide to have kids I''ll name them Horatio and/or Petunia"). So we came up with:

Maureen Patrice
Elise Catherine
Therese Clare

Charles Patrick
Gabriel Patrick
Cole Michael

Maureen and Charles were the favorites.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2006 7:28:29 PM
Author: KimberlyH
So hubby and I went on a walk and he sorta played the name game with me (after pronouncing, ''I don''t do anything in advance, why would I do this in advance'' to which I responded ''If you don''t play with me and we decide to have kids I''ll name them Horatio and/or Petunia''). So we came up with:

Maureen Patrice

Elise Catherine

Therese Clare

Charles Patrick

Gabriel Patrick

Cole Michael

Good, classic names! This is how FI and I lean too. I can''t share our girl''s name (it''s our only one!
9.gif
) but boy names we like are William, Oliver, Elliott, and Timothy. Our favorite is Henry, though, which goes so well with our girl name.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2006 7:34:49 PM
Author: EBree

So hubby and I went on a walk and he sorta played the name game with me (after pronouncing, ''I don''t do anything in advance, why would I do this in advance'' to which I responded ''If you don''t play with me and we decide to have kids I''ll name them Horatio and/or Petunia''). So we came up with:

Maureen Patrice

Elise Catherine

Therese Clare

Charles Patrick

Gabriel Patrick

Cole Michael

Good, classic names! This is how FI and I lean too. I can''t share our girl''s name (it''s our only one!
9.gif
) but boy names we like are William, Oliver, Elliott, and Timothy. Our favorite is Henry, though, which goes so well with our girl name.
My nephew is William, I love that name. We call him Billy-boy. He''s so cute. My sister''s MIL started calling him Willy when he was first born, my sister flipped out and told her hubby it referred to a boys private parts and if she called him that again she was going to change his name. Look out pregnancy hormones!

I love Henry, and Oliver too! Both so sweet.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock

Maureen Patrice
Elise Catherine
Therese Clare

Charles Patrick
Gabriel Patrick
Cole Michael

Your boy names made me think of a funny story. My FSIL has 3 kids, 2 boys and a girl with the boy in the middle. The oldest is 5, the girl is 3 and the youngest is 1. Both boys have the middle name Patrick and the little girl also thinks that her middle name is Patrick since both of her brothers have that as theirs. It''s so cute. If you ask her her name, she says "Gracie Patrick (Last Name)." These kids are too cute. I can''t wait till they''re officially my nieces and nephews
1.gif
. I love getting to play with them now and by the time FI and I are ready to have kids, there will be some prime babysitting candidates (assuming we ever move back to the Pittsburgh area).

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
Hee hee, we''re actually expecting in June (the baby will be born 10 months and three weeks after our wedding) so we''ve been having this discussion lately. For a boy our front runner is Jonathan James, after my husband''s dad (John) and my husband who was named James after his grandpa. I''d love to use the nn Jace but Jim''s not going for that.

For a girl we literally went through a thousand names- I pulled up the top 1,000 names of 2005 from the Social Security Administration lists and we went through them all. We found ONE we both agreed on- Leah. We''re thinking Leah Michele.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Norman Lear named his daughter Crystal Chanda, Not great.

I love simple classic names. I just do not see someone named Trixie or Bambi running a company, could be just me own experience with girl''s with names like Smmer, Autumn, etc

I knew a woman named Jonny. That was it. Nothing else. Her dad wanted a son and did not get one. No one ever believed her that it was not short for anything or a middle name. Spent her life explaining it and it drove her crazy...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I worked with a woman named Jo not Joanna , just Jo. Her father was sure she was gonig to be a boy, the only name he ever considered was exactly what she was christened. It fit her to a "T."

ETA: chickflick, I LOVE Leah, such a sweet, beuatiful name.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2006 7:57:39 PM
I love Henry, and Oliver too! Both so sweet.

Thanks! I get mixed opinions on Henry. Some love it like I do, and others are like, "eww, that''s an old man''s name!" I guess I can see where they''re coming from, but I just think "classic" when I hear it.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Charles, William, Henry, I just think they are all great.

I also love Oliver, Zachary, Miles, Morgan, Jake, Nick, and Wesley...I have some others too but they were starting to sound like stars in a Western...

Cooper, Wyatt, Cody, Hunter, Harper, Jackson and Turner...

Trelala

Shiny_Rock
Oh I love classic names too!
Whenever I hear the name Henry, I think of Prince Hal from Shakespeare''s history plays. I think Hal would be a cute nickname, but when I told my fiance, he made a face.
15.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Diamondfan, I love Harper too! Another nix from the FH, though...probably because I suggested it for a girl.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It makes me think of Harper Lee, Capote''s friend.

I also like Ainsley and Addison, good for middle names and I love Leland for a boy''s middle name too.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Got the first names picked out, still deciding on the middle names.

Girl will be Alessandra. Boy will be Dean.

Thinking An as middle name for the girl (wife''s mom''s name) and Ethan (possibly Tyler) as middle name for the boy.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting topic... We''ve discussed this before at length and FI and I have had an easier time picking out girls'' names for our future children. Boys'' names are hard! Both of our first names begin with a C (Chris and Courtney) but we are not so inclined towards naming all the kids with C''s too. FI wants names that translate well in Polish as well, so that becomes difficult with some names. All choices get paired with a very Polish three syllable last name that begins with G.

Possible girl names: Catherine Anne and Lydia Elizabeth definitely

Possible boy names: Frederick for sure, Oscar maybe... middle names TBD

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
[[/quote]

9.gif
) but boy names we like are William, Oliver, Elliott, and Timothy. Our favorite is Henry, though, which goes so well with our girl name.[/quote]

Ebree, You have my exact taste boys'' names! So classic, and solid!!!!! I love all of those names, especially Oliver, Henry, and Ellliot.. except that Elliot is reserved for my next Great Dane Puppy... oh, or maybe Oliver (lol!)
No worries, though, because we''re not planning on having kids.

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I am trying to conceive next month:

Our top pick for boys are Henry Francis or Nathaniel (Nate) Francis. My hubby LOVES Oliver and Tobias (Toby) as well...but it looks like Henry or Nate are the winners.

For a girl she will be Tessa Marguerite after my grandmother''s

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Both of my parents have passed away so my first instict would be to name any future baby using their first initial (Jewish tradition). However, my mother wrote in her ''going away letter'' that she would want me to name my children using my last name as their middle name and whatever I want as their first name.

So... I know what the middle name will be. My fiance''s father has passed so I would want to use that first initial -- R. However, his father''s name was Robert but called Bob so I think also maybe something with a B.

I love the name Rachel for a girl and Benjamin for a boy. I also like Bruce and Richard. However, if it comes down to not liking any names with those initials, I''ll push for something with and A or K which were my parents'' initials.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also love Sutton and Sheridan for girls and Austin for a boy...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Parker is great too, I used to have a crush on Parker Steveson when he was a Hardy Boy

Cole and Colby (a bit like Cheese)

Reece and Reid and Pierce are good too, but clearly connote movie stars (Reece or Reese and Pierce)

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I am way too young to be thinking of having kids (and not ready yet!) but I have my names picked out...

Girl: Lebee Katella or Margaret Lebee (Lebee is my grandmother's maiden name and Katella is the name of the street Disneyland is on and Margaret was my grandmothers name!)
Boy: Harrison Jerome (Harrison is the street my mother grew up on and grandparents lived on until they passed, and Jerome was my grandfathers middle name)

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I am dead set on Michael Wolfgang

My FI "to be" is from a long list of Michaels'', he is actually supposed to be Michael the III, but he ended up with a middle name, I''m glad it was his mom that broke the chain and not me! lol

Wolfgang is my Dad''s name and since I hate the whole JR. thing, we''d just end up calling him Wolfie, because I can''t have two Mike''s in the house.

Since in this country Wolfgang is not common, I''m already prepared for no, what''s HIS FIRST NAME NOT LAST! lol My Dad already gets that.

As for Girl''s name it''s going to be Madison, Elouise

FI likes Francine and I hate it.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Madison it is just so common where I live.

Francine is not my fave, sounds a bit old fashioned, not in a classic way, but just not something I could see naming a kid today. I tried to think about school years and the future, and while I love certain names, I think they do not hold up that well...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results