shape
carat
color
clarity

B&M Jewelers in DE and MD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

toomanyquestions

Rough_Rock
Hello -
I am shopping for a stone in Wilmington, DE area. I have gone to Continental Jewelers and the salesman there has been extremely helpful. I am asking because, although the diamond prices seem reasonable, they quoted a price of 1200 dollars for a platinum trellis setting that I have seen elsewhere (on the net) for 900 dollars or less. Does anyone have any experience with them?
Also, does anyone know of any reputable jewelers/dealers in the Annapolis, MD area?
Thanks for your help.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi, Welcome to the forum,

There is a store that I had some dealings with several years ago right in the middle of Annaapolis. The think the name was Tillmans (sp). They were helpful and knowledgeable.
You have to know that the price for a platinum trellis ring in a B&M store is not going to be the same as on the internet. I am talking about the same exact ring. The B&M people will try to convence you that the internet ring is of less quality but that is not true in most cases. The same could be said of the B&M stores and would not be true either. B&M prices are higher because of the huge overhead they have to pay.

toomanyquestions

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply - I will check Tilghman's out. I realize there is a mark up associated with a B&M, but this seemed a bit excessive (nearly 50% ?!?!). I have been lurking this forum and DT for over a month, and have learned A LOT! But, the actual purchase of a stone is a bit intimidating, whether it be via internet or B&M....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results