shape
carat
color
clarity

B-day Weekend Engagement

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! I love how you took a pic of the ring on your cake...I would totally do something like that, too
1.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, what a STUNNING ring -- I love it! Congratulations on your engagement! Happy planning!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
beautiful stone! congrats, what a story!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! What a great story!! Congrats!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
G
30.gif
rgeous ring!! I''m a sucker for a split shank..
28.gif

Congrats!!
36.gif

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! That setting is stunning
3.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
OMG you all put a smile on my face today
1.gif

pluck15 - I know, I really need to get my ring on the SMTR thread, just have been lazy...teehehe

sunnyd - your dress is looking pretty awesome & you are going to look great!!

Treasure43 - I loved my engagement experience! My FI was so thoughtful.

Snicklefritz - I first saw the setting on www.antiqueengagementrings.com. I had been showing settings to my FI for months and he did not like any of them, but when he saw this one, his face totally gave away the fact he loved it. So, he had WF make it custom, as he did not want to buy a stock setting & he wanted to modify it in a few ways.

Blackpaw - My cat knows she is gorgeous...hehe! My FI loves my cat too and thought it would be fun to include her.

gaby06 - Thanks gaby! I see that your e-ring has an antique flair too, I love it!

Still_Waiting - FI said that he cannot believe how sparkly the stone is. He even confessed that he took it to stores with great lighting to "test" it out and was floored.

Luckyeshe - How nice of your FI to propose to you on your b-day weekend! I am sure it was a wonderful experience.

hawaiianorangetree & Luckyeshe - The horses were so beautiful and I took over 200 pictures of them! I should start a thread in the Hangout, as I think there are some horse people on PS.

Miscka - I rarely post to this thread, so I can understand why you would not realize that I was a LIW. FI and I have been together for 10 years and knew for a long time we were going to eventually get married, in fact, we act like an old married couple already. Your ring is TDF, BTW!!
36.gif

Dreamgirl - I am still loving your Tiff amethyst necklace, btw! :)

misskitty - I could not help myself as the cake was so pretty! Though, I will say that it is a bit crazy to stick a brand new engagement ring in cake frosting.

mscushion - This is terrible of me to confess, but I am so NOT looking forward to planning the wedding! I am a terrible planner and I am hoping my FI and mom will help out.

Tuckins1 - FI loves split shanks too, which is why he went for this setting. I like them too, but he had his heart set on getting me a ring with a split shank & he did a great job!

Thanks to jcarlylew, FroggyMont, princessplease, purselover,LitigatorChick, ckrickett, kittybean, elledizzy5, tlh, Rock_of_Love
& Magpie09
for all of your lovely comments as well, you are all so wonderful!!
36.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

congratulations on your proposal and happy belated birthday! your ring is so beautiful and i''m totally lovin'' the setting! we''re ring size twins btw...
2.gif
thanks for sharing!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
First, what a sweet story. Second, that ring rocks!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Stunning ring!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your warm comments UCLABelle & Kribbie!
1.gif

vip0802 - Thank you so much! There are several PSers with ring sizes of 5.5, but I cannot recall any of them off the top of my head. I love the size of my stone, it is just right for me. Though I must confess in that I sometimes fall prey to DSS after viewing some of the beautiful whoppers on PS. After all, my stone is on the smaller side as compared to what we see on PS. When DSS rears its head, I just look at the rest of the setting, which I love.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Omie, your ring is gorgeous an I''m so happy for you. Congratulations.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could have sworn I responded to this post...getting old...

Anyway, I LOVE your ring, it is stunning, and looks so beautiful on your hand!!! I'm going to be bold and ask to see a pic of the profile of the ring, I would love to see a side view! Thank you for sharing such a special moment with us, very happy for you!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Thanks KimberlyH
35.gif

junebug17 - I still have not started a thread for my ring, but, here are a couple of profile shots I took in the car right after the proposal. The ring is set low, which I love.

Profiles.omie.JPG

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2009 7:03:36 PM
Author: omieluv
Thanks KimberlyH
35.gif

junebug17 - I still have not started a thread for my ring, but, here are a couple of profile shots I took in the car right after the proposal. The ring is set low, which I love.
Oh my gosh, that is so, so pretty!!! Honestly, I just really love your ring...and I like low settings too, my rings are a little high off my finger and I worry I''m going to bang them on something! Thanks for posting the pics, and I look forward to seeing more!
30.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 9:59:10 AM
Author: junebug17

Oh my gosh, that is so, so pretty!!! Honestly, I just really love your ring...and I like low settings too, my rings are a little high off my finger and I worry I''m going to bang them on something! Thanks for posting the pics, and I look forward to seeing more!
30.gif
Thanks. One of the "must-haves" that I emphasized to FI is that the diamond had to be set low. As far as the setting, I was open to many different styles, but I could not deal with having a diamond set high, as I know I would be banging it on everything. My mother''s diamond is set on the high side and I do not know how she copes with it.

One of these days, I will have to start a thread in SMTR, but work has been very crazy for me and I have not had a chance to take any pictures since my engagement...at least I was able to post a few pictures here.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omieluv - congratulations!!!! Your proposal sounded incredibly heartfelt and sweet, and your pictures are lovely. And that RING! Stunning!!!!!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 7:35:20 PM
Author: omieluv

OMG you all put a smile on my face today
1.gif

hawaiianorangetree & Luckyeshe - The horses were so beautiful and I took over 200 pictures of them! I should start a thread in the Hangout, as I think there are some horse people on PS.

Please do! My childhood pony turns 40 on the first of August and i would love to share a pic of her!
1.gif

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! Your ring looks stunning, I love the profile view!
30.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Lauren. My FI did a great job planning the proposal!

Kittybling - I love the profile as well, as I have a great view of the diamond. Thanks!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Fall asleep?! Are you kidding? Your photos are wonderful, hon! What a beautiful proposal story, and gorgeous ring! Congrats to you and your man! He did very well.
2.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much gwendolyn! Your ring is beautiful as well and I am so happy for you and FI!

ringless

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure if I posted.. I''m sorry! Your ring is absolutly gorgeous girl! Great proposal, beautiful weather, beautifl ring! Congrats!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Thank you ringless!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results