shape
carat
color
clarity

Awesome video on diamond color!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
They say a picture is worth a thousand words (in this case a video). I think you''ll all agree after watching this. Such a cool visual at the end!
36.gif

Compliments of GOG.

http://vimeo.com/3288695

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
very cool indeed! only problem is now I want a "D"
11.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 1:31:50 PM
Author: elle_chris
very cool indeed! only problem is now I want a ''D''
11.gif
lol Why? I would have thought the end of it would show just how low you could go.
3.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I honestly love the colorless ones. Besides, I have a K from GOG!
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 1:35:37 PM
Author: elle_chris
I honestly love the colorless ones. Besides, I have a K from GOG!
9.gif
Ok, I''ll buy that.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Thank you Jon!!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is one of the rare videos which has captured the distinction between the color grades of diamonds in a simple way that anyone who pays close attention and has good eyes can appreciate the tiny differences between the most important color grades, D-I, of near colorless diamonds.
Definitely recommend people who are interested in the details of grading to watch the video. I also watched the comparison video of two Princess cuts and a Jubilee cut. Again, seeing the "sparkle" demonstration and the "fire" demonstration were informative and truly well done.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
WHY OH WHY did I bother with "near colorless"?!?! I would so love an M, N, or O. If anything I think I find them prettier! Oh well. Someday
31.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kewl vid!
Thanks Jon!!!

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
i agree, jon is awesome and the video is sooo informative! THANK YOU!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I''m a BIG fan of this video!
36.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
wow..OK I''M LOVING ME A "K"!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great video, just wish he could do a face up line up of all the stones too.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched this last night! It truly is very helpful!!!! Great job, Jon!
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw this last week I think. It was most helpful! Is it just me or does the video have to keep buffering? I have a problem with GOG videos. They never load properly for me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, the video worked perfectly for me.

DentD

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 4:28:04 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
Great video, just wish he could do a face up line up of all the stones too.
He did a face up line up of them all at the end of the video.

Very informative video.
36.gif

Here''s a random musing... For those who got a warmer colored stone that still faces up pretty white, do you ever notice the warmth of the diamond from a profile view? If so, does it bug you? Any examples?
9.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did he? Ok, need to rewatch it again.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that really is a fantastic color video! I think this will be of tremendous help to newbs!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 5:36:07 PM
Author: kcoursolle
Wow, that really is a fantastic color video! I think this will be of tremendous help to newbs!
Me too. That''s one of the reasons I posted it, so more people (regulars) would know about it, and they could refer it to others.
10.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 6:16:39 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 2/27/2009 5:36:07 PM
Author: kcoursolle
Me too. That''s one of the reasons I posted it, so more people (regulars) would know about it, and they could refer it to others.
10.gif
Thanks Ellen, and Nicely done Jonathon!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
No problemo miss!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/27/2009 4:38:37 PM
Author: Maisie
I saw this last week I think. It was most helpful! Is it just me or does the video have to keep buffering? I have a problem with GOG videos. They never load properly for me.

Maisie, it helps me to hit play and then pause it until the grey bar has reached the end. Then I can skip ahead too!

I just want to say THANK YOU to Jon if he is out there, I have watched nearly all of these videos and always look forward to new ones! It is invaluable what you are doing, and I really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to post these
36.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am constantly impressed by GOG's videos. There is no written word that can explain this better than seeing it for yourself.

A big thanks to GOG for doing it and a big thanks to Ellen for posting it. I often go to their website just to see new videos that they produce.

How many jewelers could you go to that could line up that many ideal cut stones in all those colors for you to view in that way?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 6:55:01 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
I am constantly impressed by GOG''s videos. There is no written word that can explain this better than seeing it for yourself.

A big thanks to GOG for doing it and a big thanks to Ellen for posting it. I often go to their website just to see new videos that they produce.

How many jewelers could you go to that could line up that many ideal cut stones in all those colors for you to view in that way?
I know!

Doesn''t it just make you want to cup your hands and scoop them all up??
18.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 7:01:29 PM

I am constantly impressed by GOG''s videos. There is no written word that can explain this better than seeing it for yourself.

I know!

18.gif
Never thought about it, but yes, it does. If that wasn''t possible, I''d pick up a few between my two fingers like picking up peanut M&M''s!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 7:17:40 PM

Date: 2/27/2009 7:01:29 PM

I know!

18.gif
Never thought about it, but yes, it does. If that wasn''t possible, I''d pick up a few between my two fingers like picking up peanut M&M''s!
36.gif
lol.gif
That''d work.
9.gif

ice-queen

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for this link Ellen! It was super helpful- I''ve always wanted to see something like this. I can''t wait to see their next video on what can make a diamond color look better than it is!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
While we''re talking about diamond colors, I''d also like to reference this video:

http://vimeo.com/1853800

...which is a color comparison for princess cut stones. It''s not quite as complete because it only shows E, G, H, and I, but it may be helpful for the many consumers who are initially leery of buying an I color princess. This video should dispel all fears of an I color looking yellow!

I would eventually love to see a more complete color lineup for princesses though!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the added video j! Hopefully Jon can eventually get more colors. I agree, that would be great to see!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results