shape
carat
color
clarity

Awesome video on diamond color!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
That was a pretty cool vid :), I want that many diamonds to play with :D

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the kind words everyone. :_) The goal was to capture the essence of what we see when we''re grading in the lab, to appreciate the rarity of the colorless, yet at the same time demonstrate that there isn''t a huge gulf between letters on the color scale. Most importantly to keep it consumer friendly so the average layman could watch and easily understand.

I appreciate these comments and thank you Dave for your comments. As a fellow gemologist your words mean alot to me.

Kindest regards,

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jon, I just wanted to say thank you, for taking all the time you do to edjumacate everyone. We really do appreciate it!
36.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for posting that wonderfully informative video. It really shows that a beautifully cut stone shows it''s self off no matter what color it is. I must admit to liking the creamy warm tones just as much as the icy whites.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice video. My speakers aren''t working right now, but it was really helpful even with just the visual! I''ve been reading the info on the website, too. Can''t say I understand all the info about cut angles and such (for example the pavillion angles and pavillion depth in the topdown report under minor facets is confusing me!), but I''m trying! ; ) Thank you for all the knowledge you provide.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 3:25:21 PM
Author: strmrdr
kewl vid!
Thanks Jon!!!
Ditto!!!
36.gif
Thanks, El for posting this too!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Great video, Jon! Thanks for posting, Miss Ellen
1.gif

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
I echo the others. Great job Jon!! That was the best 20min of diamond education I have spent yet.
36.gif
Very well thought out and explained so that anyone can understand and find their own personal "color threshold".

I added this thread to the Helpful Thread sticky so others can easily find it.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/28/2009 11:51:37 AM
Author: Ellen
Jon, I just wanted to say thank you, for taking all the time you do to edjumacate everyone. We really do appreciate it!
36.gif
You are very welcome Ellen and all who have expressed gratitude.
5.gif
I am fortunate and blessed that I am able to incorporate my passions and hobby''s into my profession and to be able to share whatever knowledge I have concerning these subjects with the world. Between helping clients I have a whole plethora of subjects I''m working on covering the 4C''s which we will be publishing online in HD and putting onto DVD and BluRay in time. So far we''ve tackled Carat Weight, Color (with one more program on color I can think of which will include Fluoroescence), plus I have a few more programs we are working on regarding Cut quality, then onto Clarity and many other topics (Pros/Cons of Internet Technologies (Bscope, Ideal-Scope, ASET, HCA etc.), Pros/Cons of Various Business Models on the Net and the Consumers Choices, BIC, FIC & TIC amongst others are in que too). It is our way of giving back to those who have given so much to us over the years and helping people better understand this business and the products offered. Not enough hours in the day.
41.gif
Once again thank you from the bottom of my heart for your appreciation for the work we''re doing. That means more to me than anything. :_)

Warmest regards,

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
That was a really amazing video. Well done to GOG!!!!
36.gif

YayBananas

Rough_Rock
Trade
Fantastic tutorial! Thank you so much for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results