shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW AVR 3 stone ring

hoover

Shiny_Rock
I noticed there has been plenty of AVC lovin' here, and very little attention for AVRs... so for those of you that are considering AVRs, here are some of my pics of my new RHR (and summer sausage finger LHR)

All 3 stones are J VS1, the center stone is 0.60 ct and each side is 0.46 ct set in 19kt unplated white gold. The melee are extra stones that I had from my first ring project (F VS2 and natural pink diamonds). I was considering smaller sides or a larger center but a) the larger center was sold while I was thinking, and b) I hadn't decided on the setting and GOG requires that all stones under 0.40 ct are set by them into their setttings. I liked Packrat's 3 stone AVC which were all similar in size (0.46 - 0.48 ct each?), so I thought what the heck and bought these.
After a huge delay in customs, I finally got to look at these babies in person. They are much whiter than I expected, but you can definitely see some tint next to my 0.70 G VS2 MRB. If you want to see actual colour in your AVRs, like the often described "buttery" or "vanilla", definitely go lower than J.
I had the stones set by a local jeweler (and also a PSer) who was also pleasant to work with.

This been a project that I've had in the works for a while. It initially started as a pendant, then evolved from there after I finally received some backpay that's been owed to me for ages... and now it's done!

Sort of...

I'm debating whether to add engraving to the sides of the ring. Maybe a scroll pattern?

Thanks for looking :)

d11.jpg

hoover

Shiny_Rock

_370.jpg

d4.jpg

_371.jpg

d13.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very beautiful - do you have any handshots with the ring? Bet it is very sparkly!!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring. I'd love to see handshots! :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Be still my beating heart!! I adore your ring!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh wow, that's one gorgeous ring! Please post handshots, sausage fingers or not!!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Sausage smausage......we want hand shots. And I think some engraving would send that ring over the top.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love AVR's! More pics! More pics!!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh H :love: :love: VER!!!! That is AWESOME!!! I love that ring- wow - I think I could be a convert to the AVR's!!! Wow - that is stunning!

Please show us some hand shots (stick your hand in ice for a few minutes, if you have to!! :tongue: ) I love the pink and white diamonds on the sides - very nice touch :appl: The Milgrain would be lovely on the sides... but live with it first - once you get used to it, then see if you think it still needs that extra touch. I think its perfect as is, but you'll know if it is right to add more to it.

You are in Ontario, too, aren't you? And you found a PS jeweller here to set it? Total score!!
Ah.....

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beautiful. I love the alternating pink and white diamonds down the side also - it makes for a subtle contrast.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Oh!!! It is absolutely stunning! Congratulations, Hoover!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it! AVRs are gorgeous stones, for sure!

Love the pink and whites down the side too. Hand shots, please!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely, just lovely! Swooping elegance. And someday when I grow up, if I ever get tired of colored stones, I'm going to learn about OECs, and AVRs, AVCs, Transitionals,... and then I'll get me a big ol' handful! :naughty: :bigsmile:

Hoover, it is really beautiful and I envy all the knowledge you all possess on diamonds.

oohsparkly

Shiny_Rock
Wow! this thread has got me excited!! I have been wanting to see an AVR 3 stone for a long time. It looks lovely. I'd also love to see hand shots and in different lights too.

This concept strikes me as maximum bling for the price and something a bit different as well.

Congratulations on a beautiful ring!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I'm so excited for you!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! Those AVRs are gorgeous! :love:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: Holy moly is that gorgeous! Those AVR's are really something! I love love love that profile too!

And hey yeah, bring on the hand shots lady!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful!!! :love: Add me to the list of those who'd love to have an AVR 3 stone ring!

(Why didn't you name the person who did your setting?)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really stunning 3 stone AVR--love it!

hoover

Shiny_Rock
Thank you MissGotRocks, SparklyOEC, Rosebloom, Yennyfire, Texaskj, Ecf8503 :)

Thanks Enerchi! I was thinking about milgrain to match my LHR, but you're right. I wanted to wait and see because engraving can be easily added but I don't think it's easy to buff out, haha. I'm in Alberta, so it really was a score to find a jeweler that posts on PS. I found him when I was reading a thread on RockyTalky and I saw the signature and I was like "I know that place! I walk by it all the time when I go for lunch. Gotta go see him."

Thank you Armywife13, TravelingGal, Minouxbijoux, Oohsparkly, YayTacori, Laila619, Packrat, and Mom2boys

Thanks Diamondseeker! David Keeling was the one who made my ring for me. (I wasn't sure if I could post his name...)
David is a very lovely man and you can tell he's very passionate about his work. When he brought the ring out for me to look at, he had a huge grin on his face. I thought it was pretty awesome how it was like he's beaming with pride for every piece he made.

(edited for grammar)

hoover

Shiny_Rock
I know nothing about OECs, so I thought going with AVRs would be a safe bet. I love how sparkly it is and it does behave differently from MRBs. Sometimes I look down at the ring and think "hmm... it is a bit too blingy..." then I think "nah, seems right :naughty: "

Now on to the handshots + other views

_372.jpg

d15.jpg

d16.jpg

_373.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

I feel like I was in the whole AVR craze with you but now I'm getting an OEC. I'm so jealous! I'm so glad you got to get your AVR goodies! Now... We gotta get some hand pics or some of us are, or just me if no one else wants to, :) is gonna hunt you down.

hoover

Shiny_Rock
I tried to capture the blue fluorescence... but not sure if it came out that well....

Thanks again for looking! I really appreciate the compliments since I know you guys have great tastes in bling and I dream of many of your pieces :D

d19.jpg

d20.jpg

hoover

Shiny_Rock
I hope it's not too many pictures :halo:

Please let me know if you want more :rodent:

YayTacori - LOL about the AVR/OEC craze. I've been ogling all the OECs lately and wished that I knew enough to buy one. Having the AGS certification was a safety-thing for me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow those stones look luscious!!! Beautiful patterning!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, so beautiful!!! My gosh, those stones are yummy and the ring looks perfect on your hand! Really lovely setting as well, a winner all around!

PS - And I like your doggie too! :cheeky:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful!

Your pooch is adorable!!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

hoover said:
I hope it's not too many pictures :halo:

Please let me know if you want more :rodent:

YayTacori - LOL about the AVR/OEC craze. I've been ogling all the OECs lately and wished that I knew enough to buy one. Having the AGS certification was a safety-thing for me.
haha oops, I didn't see that you had already posted hand shots! Ignore my threats please!
Also, your baby is so cute!!!!

oohsparkly

Shiny_Rock
Niiiiiiiicce!!! I love your beautiful doggy but that first hand shot - it was like - I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW an AVR 3 stone would max out the bling factor but look a bit different and interesting as well.

I am so getting one! In my dreams for now, but one day...

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, love the AVR's.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results