shape
carat
color
clarity

AVC moissanite & LGD comparison- which is which?

GucciGirl13

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

So I just received my LGD from Ritani yesterday & also ordered a Distinctive Gem AVC moissanite (had to compare). I’ll post more videos later, but just wanted to show you a quickie comparison to see if you can tell the difference…..

Ooops: I don’t think the video attached ( sorry I haven’t attached anything before ) I’ll add the Imgur link:

( I’ve just labeled them stone A & B for the moment)

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! I’d say the stone on the left is moissanite but I’m surprised at how similar they look in the video. I’m not a fan of double refraction so I’d lean towards the diamond.

GucciGirl13

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! I’d say the stone on the left is moissanite but I’m surprised at how similar they look in the video. I’m not a fan of double refraction so I’d lean towards the diamond.

Jon cuts his AVC moissanites special so that they are less refractive than the standard moissanite, that’s why it’s SO good & hard to tell ☺️

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
They're very close so it really is a guess. I don't own either and AVC or LGD so I have to go off the videos entirely!
So, my guess is the one throwing pastel flash is moissanite, in the holder and B in the ring holder.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A for lab diamond
B for moissanite

I see more dark contrast in the “A” stone and one of my issues with moissanite is that the contrast seems more grey than black and the stone looks less sharp as a result IMO.

GucciGirl13

Rough_Rock
A for lab diamond
B for moissanite

I see more dark contrast in the “A” stone and one of my issues with moissanite is that the contrast seems more grey than black and the stone looks less sharp as a result IMO.

Very interesting observation about the black vs grey contrast

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
A for lab diamond
B for moissanite

This would be my guess too and for this reason as well!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
A for moissy/ B lab is my guess based on the vids.

katyb

Rough_Rock
My guess is B is the moissanite. I have never seen a lab diamond nor a moissanite in real life, so I'm just going with my gut on this.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think B is moissanite because I think I see some double refraction and more rainbow colors

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
I also think B is the moissy because of a bit more rainbow flash, but it looks *EDIT: both look beautiful regardless!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A for LGD and B for Moissanite would be my guess.

DK :))

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A for diamond. B for Moissy. I think because the cut of the Moissy is a bit more symmetrical and I would expect nothing less from DG. Both are beautiful!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
B Moissanite is my guess, as well.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m guess B for moussanite bc the cut feels more AVC-like, especially the Maltese cross. But based on the gem material and not cutting. I can’t tell the difference at all!

Will be curious to hear your in person impressions

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Left: moissanite
Right: diamond
I'm not seeing much dispersion out of either on my screen.

GucciGirl13

Rough_Rock
I’m guess B for moussanite bc the cut feels more AVC-like, especially the Maltese cross. But based on the gem material and not cutting. I can’t tell the difference at all!

Will be curious to hear your in person impressions

You’re correct! I just posted some more videos which show the stones performance outside.

GucciGirl13

Rough_Rock
A for diamond. B for Moissy. I think because the cut of the Moissy is a bit more symmetrical and I would expect nothing less from DG. Both are beautiful!

Yep! I noticed the cut & proportions are pretty much perfect on the AVC moissanite

GucciGirl13

Rough_Rock
I also think B is the moissy because of a bit more rainbow flash, but it looks *EDIT: both look beautiful regardless!

Yes! I posted another link to show some different lighting ☀️

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your input! Most of you guessed correctly and Stone A is the LGD. I’ve added another link to video comparisons here which shows the AVC moissanite throwing some serious rainbow flashes outside.

Both stones are gorgeous & while I’m happy I ordered both to compare, I’ll be keeping the LGD ☺️

If you feel comfortable sharing-what was the price differential between the two stones?

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Was there any particular reason for choosing the LGD over the moissanite? The moissanite flashes in the sunlight video were dazzling, I'm curious as to what gave the LGD the edge.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results