shape
carat
color
clarity

AVC Halo Setting ?

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
So, the diamond is in my bf's possession.. (in a temp setting) and now I am trying to decide on what to place the beauty in. (Btw, GOG did a remarkable job in putting together an appraisal document for insurance purposes).

Originally we were going to have a true antique with a budget to the tune of 16k.. however upon re-evaluating priorities, have decided to put the bulk of the ring budget into the fund for the down-payment of a house. :halo:

I have been measured at a 3.5 to a 3.75 ring size and do want finger coverage [but not overwhelm the stone], thus I felt a halo would be most appropriate to get as much finger coverage as possible. We have a budget of 4.5k max for the setting.

1. Victor Canera: with a halo similar to those that have been posted recently. comes in at a little over 4k (hand forged in platinum)
http://www.victorcanera.com/jewelry...ilya-halo-solitaire-with-antique-cushion.html

2. JBEG Halo (bella) but i am unsure of how it will look with a cushion? (awaiting a quote currently for platinum/rosegold) bella.jpg

3. Or the cheapest option, a Beverlyk in white gold. bevkhalo1.jpg

Or what other options do you gals/guys suggest?

Stone in question: avc8540.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the size of your stone?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can I vote none of the above?

What are your stones measurements?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd have Victor do something a little more Deco than any of those. Let me see if I can find some pictures.

No green, but something like this all in white.

AAAADKp_EMYAAAAAAG4A9g.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! It has been a along journey but getting closer.

For me, no question - Victor Halo! The diamond is important but honestly the setting makes a huge difference as well. I have hated a diamond because I hated the setting.

Although I love the ring Gyspy posted, I find that an e-ring design should be as simple / clean as possible. I used to want a really designed ring but Leon Mege talked me out of it. I am glad he did.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's another.

DSCN1816.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The halo is huge but I love the metal lines coming in from the corners and the details on the shank.

I would just send in some 'inspiration' pics for him, tell you want deco and see what he designs for you and if you like it.

52.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is my favorite. Deco, rounds and baguettes and a plain shank.

Perfect Deco Halo.jpg

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Stone is 1.07 J I1 that was in a video with 3 other AVCs. 6.18 X 6.10 according to the AGS reports.

What size melee wouldn't overwhelm the stone even with a halo? I do love a plain shank !

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One pointers would probably be a good size for the halo. Enough to add size but not overwhelming.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Charmy: I absolutely adore your rings! I'm a long-time lurker and have only started posting more frequently lately.. but I SWOON over your Leon ring!

Gypsy: I am absolutely enamored with that halo with the rounds and the baguettes.. think frenchies would work instead of baguettes?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life|1317271132|3028512 said:
Charmy: I absolutely adore your rings! I'm a long-time lurker and have only started posting more frequently lately.. but I SWOON over your Leon ring!

Gypsy: I am absolutely enamored with that halo with the rounds and the baguettes.. think frenchies would work instead of baguettes?

OMG. I didn't think of that. I'm not sure if it gives enough contrast, but ask Victor what he thinks! Doesn't hurt to ask. I say, send the picture to Victor and see what he says. For that one, I'd do 2 pointers. The whole point is the scallop contrasted with the baguette.

I just think if you had to settle for a smaller stone why not make it stand out as something really unique and show stopping with a jaw dropping with the craftsmanship and the design.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1317270887|3028510 said:
One pointers would probably be a good size for the halo. Enough to add size but not overwhelming.

I have a similar sized stone and I've had both a one point halo (single cut) and half point. They are different look. The first is one ball of bling... more of a cluster look. The second is more defined halo and center stone definition. Which I personally prefer. So.. it's up to you which you prefer.

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
A VICTOR HALO IS IN ORDER !!!!

coming from someone who has had experience with LM, SK and VC... my honest opinion that VC has the best price and craftsmanship for a hand forged ring ! his pave work is amazing and for sure will not overwhelm the center stone ! clean, classic, timeless...

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy: I'll ask what Victor thinks :naughty: But I wonder.. if I'm loving the setting because of the contrast of a colored stone with the setting itself? We'll see if this setting can still fit within budget since it calls for bigger stones.

Laila: Are 1 pointers the ones that are 1.3mm?

Frankiextah: After seeing there was so much debate about whether or not some rings were truely handmade (or handforged) I decided to forgo the idea of a Leon. Victor is very frank, open, and honest about his work and I appreciate it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's my thoughts. Take it or leave it.

If I have someone like Victor working for me I'd don't just automatically ask him to copy someone else work. Especially a mass produced piece that's "all the rage" like the HW halo. Don't get me wrong I think it's lovely. It's also just slightly over done.

It's just the same thing over and over again. AVC Cushion = HW halo.

I'm not a 'trend setter" but I like my pieces to have personality and to be personalized to me.

I know that not everyone feels this way, but I do feel it's important to SAY, even if it's not what's right for ROL in this particular instance.

I figure if I am paying for a DESIGNER who is also a craftsman I want him to DESIGN. At least I want to SEE what his ideas and suggestions ARE before I ask him to replicate someone else's work. I give them an idea of what I want... So in this case I'd say "Here's the budget, I want a halo and I want something Deco inspired and different from all the HW halo's running about."

I mean the man has a style. He has talent in SPADES and everyone on here just keeps asking him to replicate Leon's work.

Your stone is an AVC, that tells me you like a little personality. SO... there's nothing that says you can't just get a HW halo AFTER he's shown you what he thinks... it's your safety net, so speak. So feel free to have some fun and see what else might be out there.

All these rings we adore so much... those owners DIDN'T GET COPIES-- they trail blazed. So if you've got a skilled designer and a healthy budget AND a stone with personality... go for the gold. Go for something that breaks the mold. So that 4 years from now people are posting pics of YOUR ring and saying... GET A SETTING LIKE THIS! I love it....

I'm not advocating different just for the sake of different. I'm saying that you are under utilizing a great resource in Victor and since you HAVE a safety net, take a walk on the wild side for a short trip. If you don't like it... get the safety net. Or get the Beverly K.. they aren't going anywhere. But you might just find that you love what you end up with MORE than either of those. And that's worth the time for me.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1317287551|3028581 said:
Here's my thoughts. Take it or leave it.

If I have someone like Victor working for me I'd don't just automatically ask him to copy someone else work. Especially a mass produced piece that's "all the rage" like the HW halo. Don't get me wrong I think it's lovely. It's also just slightly over done.

It's just the same thing over and over again. AVC Cushion = HW halo.

I'm not a 'trend setter" but I like my pieces to have personality and to be personalized to me.

I know that not everyone feels this way, but I do feel it's important to SAY, even if it's not what's right for ROL in this particular instance.

I figure if I am paying for a DESIGNER who is also a craftsman I want him to DESIGN. At least I want to SEE what his ideas and suggestions ARE before I ask him to replicate someone else's work. I give them an idea of what I want... So in this case I'd say "Here's the budget, I want a halo and I want something Deco inspired and different from all the HW halo's running about."

I mean the man has a style. He has talent in SPADES and everyone on here just keeps asking him to replicate Leon's work.

Your stone is an AVC, that tells me you like a little personality. SO... there's nothing that says you can't just get a HW halo AFTER he's shown you what he thinks... it's your safety net, so speak. So feel free to have some fun and see what else might be out there.

All these rings we adore so much... those owners DIDN'T GET COPIES-- they trail blazed. So if you've got a skilled designer and a healthy budget AND a stone with personality... go for the gold. Go for something that breaks the mold. So that 4 years from now people are posting pics of YOUR ring and saying... GET A SETTING LIKE THIS! I love it....

I'm not advocating different just for the sake of different. I'm saying that you are under utilizing a great resource in Victor and since you HAVE a safety net, take a walk on the wild side for a short trip. If you don't like it... get the safety net. Or get the Beverly K.. they aren't going anywhere. But you might just find that you love what you end up with MORE than either of those. And that's worth the time for me.

well said, Gypsy. I agree that some designers may be feeling that they do not have much creative freedom these days and probably would LOVE to suggest some new designs. However, they make like a few pictures for direction so they have a general idea what the OP would like.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I agree completely! Victor is an amazing sketch artist, so ask him what he'd recommend that is Art Deco in style. After all, being able to duplicate someone's work doesn't take nearly as much talent as creating something fresh and Victor totally has the skill to do it!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy - very well said! I am so sick of seeing the same old ... dying for some innovation. This is why I love Boom's ring and still love Reena's ring. I am wanting to redo my Maytal ring but rather put the money to an OEC.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Very well said, Gypsy! I admire your boldness :)

After all, it is true, all the great works of art are from trail blazers and not copiers. I'll give him a quick email and see what he says and perhaps give a few pictures for inspiration.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Type in "DECO diamond ring" in a search on google for images or on ebay and see what suits. And if you like it send the sapphire's pic as well.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know what's up with all these emeralds. LOL.

I know these are are large stones. But pick what you like and see what he says.

64223177.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results