shape
carat
color
clarity

August Vintage Rounds & OEC owners--Kozibe & other question

catia

Shiny_Rock
Re: August Vintage Rounds & OEC owners--Kozibe & other quest

friday--WOW is all i can say about that ROCK.

Can you post a face on pic so I can see the culet? I'm sure no one would mind another pic LOL

I was on OWD site & didn't see anything i liked-didn't know to email them. Will do.

I feel a little better having more options for an OEC, it's better if you can compare.
I get that some are able to charge a premium, & the reasons why, but a lot of egls I was lookin at were comparable in price to GOGs for the same color/ct/clarity & that was makin me hesitant. BF was all about just get the AGS certed from GOG, since it seemed the pickins were so slim, adding 2 more players changes the game I think. Let's see where it goes!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

catia, I would advise you to stick with vendors that have been used extensively here and recommended and not ones that haven't. If you want an old stone, JBEG and OWD would be your best bet unless you want to check out that other stone that GOG just made the video on for someone else. I believe USACerted is in Canada and I think that would be very complicated to send stones back and forth and could ultimately cost more in the long run. I have been here for 6 years and have rarely if ever seen someone buy from them. So I would again recommend sticking with the vendors who have a track record for old stones. I personally want an AVR or AVC, because what you pay the extra for is excellent symmetry and superior light performance and you cannot necessarily find that in the old stones, although they can be very beautiful as well. You just have to work harder to find the right one!

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock

catia|1333083747|3159689 said:
friday--WOW is all i can say about that ROCK.

Can you post a face on pic so I can see the culet? I'm sure no one would mind another pic LOL

I was on OWD site & didn't see anything i liked-didn't know to email them. Will do.

I feel a little better having more options for an OEC, it's better if you can compare.
I get that some are able to charge a premium, & the reasons why, but a lot of egls I was lookin at were comparable in price to GOGs for the same color/ct/clarity & that was makin me hesitant. BF was all about just get the AGS certed from GOG, since it seemed the pickins were so slim, adding 2 more players changes the game I think. Let's see where it goes!

I'll look on my other computer to see if I have any decent pics of the culet. I have another OEC that has a larger culet, I'll look for a side by side pic.

When I first saw the OWD website, I wasn't seriously considering them because of the lack of pictures. The stone I ended up buying WAS listed on the site, but there was no picture of it - Adam recommended the stone to me, I hadn't noticed it.

I'll check back in later with another pic or two.

catia

Shiny_Rock

about USAcerted--yes, their office is in Canada-so Canadians will pay customs duties or whatever tax they pay if a stone is shipped from NY to Canada, people from the USA do not incur this charge because the diamonds--the vast majority of them ARE IN THE USA.

There is a LOT of info on that site, including the GIA diamond buyers guide & all kinds of good tutorials on how to get a great rock for your $$$.

I spent a couple of hours reading there today, & they appear pretty legit.
I still don't know exactly how everything works, but it's all spelled out there, including taking the diamond to an unbiased gemologist & how to handle that situation.

I don't wanna knock em just because they are newer. They had a nice list of rocks.
Looks like it might be good for those who have time to do their homework & know what to look for.

The premiums on OECs really is high now for the old stones, and it's comparable to H&A prices of the same color/clarity.
I get why GOG is higher, they'r cutting for light performance & often you lose carat weight, so they're paying the same amount for the rough.
I don't get how the 2nd hand ones are so high, except because they can be because someone will pay.

I may go eoither way, who knows. Time will tell, but I wanna look at some more rocks.

I did fill out the form giving my specs of exactly what I wanted early am like 5am--have not received any replies.

Havent yet figured out who to contact about the stones I am curious about--was too busy reading the other info & looking up both GIA & AGS reports.
Wonder if these people will send pics of the stones etc before hand.

They will send stones to a reputable gemologist for viewing, ot at least they will send 1 stone but you of course pay for the gemologist if you do not purchase the stone.
I guess if you purchase you don't pay?
I dunno.

catia

Shiny_Rock

wanted to note that after many searches for reviews of usacertifieddiamonds, on PS, they are NOT new, have been around for years & a few people on PS have purchased & were pleased. There's just not a lot of recent posts about them here. Canadians seem to be quite pleased with their service.

I filled out their specs sheet that was supposed to get me some replies--haven't received any replies yet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results