shape
carat
color
clarity

August vintage inc.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just so beautiful. The crispness of these stones is just blowing me away!

Thank you so much! You are so right! These stones are very crisp and lively and I just love the larger facets!

AK29

Shiny_Rock
I had the pleasure to meet @Rhino yesterday in person to pick this beauty up. His love and passion for beautiful precision cut gems is infectious. My DH was impressed with his knowledge and his lively, friendly personality.
This ring doesn’t take a bad picture so I made a collage so as not to overwhelm the thread. This ring makes for five AV stones I now own. Love them all!
8.5mm elongated AVC, two 4mm AVRs in his white gold truffle setting.
Love it! 58F79FF6-1F4C-4A6A-8F1A-D4C5103EEE69.jpeg

Please ignore the nails, I quit using gels and this is what it is right now..fingers are also arthritic :(

AH! Gorgeous!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I almost sold my AVEC because I lost my mind for a bit...I don’t take the best videos..but in case anyone wants to see what they look like...I’m so happy I decided to keep her!

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
I almost sold my AVEC because I lost my mind for a bit...I don’t take the best videos..but in case anyone wants to see what they look like...I’m so happy I decided to keep her!

@Mamabean wow the light bouncing off! I'm partial to EC's with big, bold flashes of light : )
I was looking into AV a while back, and I remember they had started using simulated (for a lack of a better term- I cannot recall the exact term AV uses) stones in addition to earth-mined, natural stones. Which did you choose for your EC? AV simulated stones are impressive it seems and PS'ers seem to be happy with them, so just curious. Your band is also gorgeous!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That’s gorgeous. I am so happy you decided to keep her. Yay!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That’s gorgeous. I am so happy you decided to keep her. Yay!

Thanks @Slick1 It was gloomy when I made the video. It really doesn’t look like how I see it. In any case I love it...and glad I kept it...That was close!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean wow the light bouncing off! I'm partial to EC's with big, bold flashes of light : )
I was looking into AV a while back, and I remember they had started using simulated (for a lack of a better term- I cannot recall the exact term AV uses) stones in addition to earth-mined, natural stones. Which did you choose for your EC? AV simulated stones are impressive it seems and PS'ers seem to be happy with them, so just curious. Your band is also gorgeous!

It’s a moissanite @EmeraldEmpress I should have made a better video because it’s very clear and crisp..In the video it looks mushy and gray..I’m wearing a Tiffany diamond band with it that also looks terrible so that’s a point of reference. That band is a sparkle bomb for a baguette cut..and it looks dull in the video..

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
It’s a moissanite @EmeraldEmpress I should have made a better video because it’s very clear and crisp..In the video it looks mushy and gray..I’m wearing a Tiffany diamond band with it that also looks terrible so that’s a point of reference. That band is a sparkle bomb for a baguette cut..and it looks dull in the video..

@Mamabean I thought both looked lovely! : )

Cubbies

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I am a bit undecided and not sure which route to go. I'm now trying to make a decision between a 4.14 (G) or 5.33 (F) AVC. I do typically prefer a whiter stone however I am worried the 5.33 will be just (too big) if there is such a thing. :) The absolute last thing I want is for this to look like a piece of costume jewelry on my hand. My finger size is about a 7 3/4 if that helps any??? Reaching out to see what opinions you all may have and may be willing to share. I only have the loose stones at this point and to be honest, the temp tension setting is so small and thin - it's tough to really gauge how it will size up on my hand. Any help is greatly appreciated!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all, I am a bit undecided and not sure which route to go. I'm now trying to make a decision between a 4.14 (G) or 5.33 (F) AVC. I do typically prefer a whiter stone however I am worried the 5.33 will be just (too big) if there is such a thing. :) The absolute last thing I want is for this to look like a piece of costume jewelry on my hand. My finger size is about a 7 3/4 if that helps any??? Reaching out to see what opinions you all may have and may be willing to share. I only have the loose stones at this point and to be honest, the temp tension setting is so small and thin - it's tough to really gauge how it will size up on my hand. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Do you have pics of the stones on your hand in the temp setting?

I think if you go with a solitaire setting than either will look great since the cushions generally face up smaller than equally weighted rounds in my experience. The elongated shape and larger facets, to my eyes makes it seem less in your face than a big white round brilliant.

My cushion is a 4ct and I wear a 4.5 size ring.

Cubbies

Rough_Rock
Do you have pics of the stones on your hand in the temp setting?

I think if you go with a solitaire setting than either will look great since the cushions generally face up smaller than equally weighted rounds in my experience. The elongated shape and larger facets, to my eyes makes it seem less in your face than a big white round brilliant.

My cushion is a 4ct and I wear a 4.5 size ring.

27982857-8A1E-4B01-B8B2-DFA2F9E551DB.jpeg

Hi - MTG, your ring looks absolutely beautiful and I love the coverage on your finger :kiss2: Thank you for sharing too.

I didn't think about snapping a pic of them in the temp setting and sure wish I had. I am currently working out of town too :(

My finger is a good bit bigger than yours so the pic you shared does give me some perspective.

My plans are to go with the Emma setting that Jonathan has in white gold.

Last edited:

areena

Rough_Rock
Trade
I just saw that too! Very excited to see this.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lalola44. You are not allowed to advertise things for sale here. Please move your post to the section where we can post sales.

Lalola44

Rough_Rock
@Lalola44. You are not allowed to advertise things for sale here. Please move your post to the section where we can post sales.

It's already there. Sorry, I've seen others on this forum mention they were selling or consigning pieces in this thread, I didn't realize my post violated the guidelines. It was an honest mistake. Can someone please direct me to an admin so I can request that it be deleted? My window to edit or delete the post has passed.

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
My AV H&A moissy is amazing!!! I had it custom cut so I could have it be the perfect size for my new to me halo setting. It’s 8.7mm and I think it’s gorgeous! It’s being set now. In the pictures of it in the halo setting- it’s just sitting in there using a prong or 2 to help it be steady for pictures!

00BC75A4-4D5D-4ED1-8DFA-9B85A9D30055.jpeg F424B12B-C2D3-4112-871E-2E96B1DA2574.jpeg DA5DA1A6-ACED-41E5-819D-B77DB1D54474.jpeg AD66E09B-3408-4457-A7CA-9BB8F84CD8D0.jpeg 3C209467-E51A-48F5-B0B0-F36AD67DEBD6.png 372088CC-5DDE-42FD-9230-1C3D350127A9.jpeg 473732F4-C8FC-4D9A-AC9D-1C2C84FBECE0.jpeg A9E3210B-5679-4C69-9430-981DC55F5172.jpeg

Vogue

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to this thread, I bit the bullet last night, ordered 3 OECs, and am having them sent to CVB for her Maria setting for my gf’s engagement ring. For my own ring I want one of his ECs. Moissy seemed like a smart economic choice for us, especially right now when we have other big financial goals like a house.

For such a special occasion I wanted the best and was willing to spend more. I can’t say enough about Jonathan’s customer service. Even in the middle of a pandemic (and a weekend!), he replied to my emails in less than 24 hours, and was as friendly and accommodating as if I were buying diamonds instead. I can’t wait to see how this project turns out.

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to this thread, I bit the bullet last night, ordered 3 OECs, and am having them sent to CVB for her Maria setting for my gf’s engagement ring. For my own ring I want one of his ECs. Moissy seemed like a smart economic choice for us, especially right now when we have other big financial goals like a house.

For such a special occasion I wanted the best and was willing to spend more. I can’t say enough about Jonathan’s customer service. Even in the middle of a pandemic (and a weekend!), he replied to my emails in less than 24 hours, and was as friendly and accommodating as if I were buying diamonds instead. I can’t wait to see how this project turns out.

Congratulations!!!
And what great feedback about such outstanding customer service too, that's always good to know!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cool!

Can't wait to see some pictures if you are happy to share :))

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock

Very exciting! Looking forward to pictures of both rings!

Vogue

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the support everyone, I'm excited too!

That said...we've discussed, and it turns out gf's budget is smaller than mine. I'm exploring other options for my stone. Not sure if this is the place for it, but is there a big difference in the quality of AV versus Moissanite & Co? I'm looking at emeralds (or maybe cushion cuts) between 7-8 mm, so hopefully I'd be able to avoid a stone that looks gray or that has the "disco ball" effect. Thoughts?

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the support everyone, I'm excited too!

That said...we've discussed, and it turns out gf's budget is smaller than mine. I'm exploring other options for my stone. Not sure if this is the place for it, but is there a big difference in the quality of AV versus Moissanite & Co? I'm looking at emeralds (or maybe cushion cuts) between 7-8 mm, so hopefully I'd be able to avoid a stone that looks gray or that has the "disco ball" effect. Thoughts?

I've not seen them myself, but I've heard anecdotally on other forums that the Charles & Colvard Forever 1 emerald cut moissies are quite nice, and they carry those at Moissanite & Co.

Vogue

Shiny_Rock
OECs.jpg

Caysie just sent pictures of the 3 OECs I purchased from Jon. I'm in heaven with that center stone (7.5 mm). I was wondering if I should have gone with MRBs or transitional cuts for the side stones, but now that I see the OECs together, I think they'll look great. What an amazing cut!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I am having a lurve affair right now with oec moissanite.
They are amazing, aren't they?

Vogue

Shiny_Rock
Heh, gf and I talked about it, and I decided I’d rather have one of Jon’s stones with a simpler setting than a less expensive stone and a more elaborate ring. I’m just such a sucker for the cut quality I’ve seen here. Antique rectangular cushion with chunky facets, you’re gonna be mine in fall...

muesli

Shiny_Rock
Heh, gf and I talked about it, and I decided I’d rather have one of Jon’s stones with a simpler setting than a less expensive stone and a more elaborate ring. I’m just such a sucker for the cut quality I’ve seen here. Antique rectangular cushion with chunky facets, you’re gonna be mine in fall...

That sounds like a good choice, you can always upgrade the setting in the future, if you wish to do so.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That’s a great idea. Jonathan has some gorgeous freaking stones. You could do a simple solitaire now and maybe upgrade the setting for an anniversary.

I have one of his August vintage cushions and there’s nothing like that antique cut look. You’re going to love it. :love: Do you know what size you’re getting? Or is that being determined by your SO?

Vogue

Shiny_Rock
Our budget will stretch to a 7.5 mm stone. My ring size ranges from 4.25-4.5 depending on the day, so hopefully I’ll have enough coverage. It will be another one of CVB’s settings, probably a modified Chloe without diamonds in the gallery. GF and I have very different personal styles, but we agreed it would be nice to keep some thematic elements consistent: both with moissanite, both in CVB settings in yellow gold. I used to be sure I wanted an emerald cut, but the more I looked at the AVCs, the harder I fell, and now I like that we will both have antique cuts too!

My other option is Caysie’s Karissa 3 stone setting with much smaller stones (like 6.5 and 4mm) but I’m not sure the setting can be done in any way that would fit gf’s budget ($3k total). It’s a nice first world problem to have :)

Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Vogue I think I posted my AVC/AVR three stone before but it sounds like it is similar to what you are looking for. I also have an AVR that I love! You can’t go wrong with Jon’s stones!

ETA 8.5x8 Center with 4mm sides.

7851D89A-41BD-49C7-AD36-485345D3AE9B.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results