shape
carat
color
clarity

August vintage inc.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
@cressyrose I loved my AVR Moissy. But I sold it to save for a dianond OEC because I did see a difference. The dianond waa crisper. But only if you really scrutinized it.

Jon from AV will custom cut you a lab diamond AVR on request.

cressyrose

Rough_Rock
Thanks @sd_flp for the link!! I really appreciate being able to see the video!

@Lessics thank you so much for sharing. This is exactly the kind of information I was hoping for, and more! I had no idea Jon cuts custom lab AVRs!! Do you know if they're around the same price as the labs he currently has on his site, or if they will cost more because of the custom request?

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
@cressyrose a 1.75 I VS2 AVR would be around 7000 dollars not sure if that price is a premium to the other lab diamonds he has.
But as the AVR have a premium in mined diamonds it wouldn' surprise me.

cressyrose

Rough_Rock
@Lessics that sounds about right. Thanks so much again!

On the flipside-- would there be any (visible) advantage to getting the moissy over the lab (as in, other than the price)? E.g., more fire?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a question for the lucky owners of AVOEC moissys! How do you find the cuts/perfomance of the AVOEC moissys as compared to moissys from other vendors, or even diamonds?

I keep stalling as to whether I would like to purchase one, or hold out until lab diamond OECs(!) are eventually cut:whistle:

I own two AVR moissies. I have had quite a few oec moissies :whistle: as well from different vendors. I will say that I adore my AVRs. To me they are worth the premium as the cut is consistent and so very beautiful. I am picky about my stones, and I am very pleased with these. Good luck!

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Ladies who have an AVOEC moissanite--in some photos/videos I've seen, it looks like the stone can black out in the center face-up. Surely this isn't the case in person, right? Can anyone comment on whether the facets are visible from all angles?

EarlyBirdAsscher

Rough_Rock
Ladies who have an AVOEC moissanite--in some photos/videos I've seen, it looks like the stone can black out in the center face-up. Surely this isn't the case in person, right? Can anyone comment on whether the facets are visible from all angles?

I don’t have one, but from everything I’ve read on here that happens to ideal and super ideal cut stones (including earth mined diamonds) and shouldn’t be considered a flaw. I can’t search now, but I’m sure there’s a thread that explains the science behind the phenomenon.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Oh, that is really interesting, thank you. I'll have to see what I can find out about it.
I don’t have one, but from everything I’ve read on here that happens to ideal and super ideal cut stones (including earth mined diamonds) and shouldn’t be considered a flaw. I can’t search now, but I’m sure there’s a thread that explains the science behind the phenomenon.

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Hi I have the AV OEC, and no it doesn't black out in centre in any condition whatsoever, even at its greasiest best, the moissanite sparkles a lot, even in poor lighting. Possibly one of the best cuts I have ever owned. No regrets.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
@bbk0885 my avr would sonetimes be dark in the middle but by tilting it it would light up right away. Here a pic of how it would look like sometimes. Nevertheless I loved the AVR! 20190320_103134.jpg

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Are you gonna get one? :twisted2: @sd_flp
Lol, no, I just mentioned it since a few people expressed interest. My heart is set on the OEC. :love: Just need to figure out the type of setting I’d like. =)2

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
For anyone interested, I reached out to Jonathan for pricing on a 7mm Ideal Round in I/J. He said he may cease carrying the I/J variety because they come in grayish :cry2:

So anyone that wants I/J, snatch it up now before it’s too late! I don’t know if he was referring to the Ideal Round only, or all cuts, but I thought this was good info to pass along.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
For anyone interested, I reached out to Jonathan for pricing on a 7mm Ideal Round in I/J. He said he may cease carrying the I/J variety because they come in grayish :cry2:

So anyone that wants I/J, snatch it up now before it’s too late! I don’t know if he was referring to the Ideal Round only, or all cuts, but I thought this was good info to pass along.
Oh, that’s a shame! I was still trying to decide between GH and IJ for my OEC. I don’t want my OEC to be too white and the IJs I’ve seen look beautiful... :oops2:

Edit: I just noticed the the new ovals come in DEF only. Not sure if GH will come later...?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that’s a shame! I was still trying to decide between GH and IJ for my OEC. I don’t want my OEC to be too white and the IJs I’ve seen look beautiful... :oops2:

Edit: I just noticed the the new ovals come in DEF only. Not sure if GH will come later...?
I vote GH. I was fortunate enough to see a wide range of Jon’s moissies in person and to me the G/H is much more diamond like without being too white. The I/Js while still pretty are a bit too steely, at least to my eye.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I vote GH. I was fortunate enough to see a wide range of Jon’s moissies in person and to me the G/H is much more diamond like without being too white. The I/Js while still pretty are a bit too steely, at least to my eye.
Good to know, thank you! ;-) I’ll stick with GH then.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MakingTheGrade My ring is on Instagram!
He just put it up! I love it!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock

Sounds like that’s exactly why he might discontinue. I know if he’s not 1000% certain about the quality of whatever he’s selling, he won’t sell it. Which is why I would give him my dollars without hesitation! I obviously don’t know him personally but he seems like a stand up guy, both business and otherwise.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like that’s exactly why he might discontinue. I know if he’s not 1000% certain about the quality of whatever he’s selling, he won’t sell it. Which is why I would give him my dollars without hesitation! I obviously don’t know him personally but he seems like a stand up guy, both business and otherwise.
Jon is really cool and I really appreciate what he is doing on the lab market. I don’t know anything regarding discontinuing certain stone shades, but even today, all of the moissies offered are still super pretty.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t have an AV OEC..I have the emerald cut..and my Ideal round was just finished by David. I like colorless in modern cuts...but..I did get an OEC from two different vendors. One was warmer and the other DEF. I prefer the warmer one (Wonky)..It just looks prettier...The white OEC is just too white..so I understand why you like them a bit warmer.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! Thank you! How do you copy the link from IG?
That's beautiful! I know you are excited to get it.
Open the website, right click on the URL and copy, then go to PS and right click to paste. hope that helps! :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's beautiful! I know you are excited to get it.
Open the website, right click on the URL and copy, then go to PS and right click to paste. hope that helps! :)
That’s it!? Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results