shape
carat
color
clarity

August vintage inc.

Strawberries1

Shiny_Rock
thanks!! Yes it was C&C whose copyright expired. I was never too impressed with the stones I had seen from them. But the AVC elongated cushions are another story!!!! It looks like their sale has been discontinued-bummer.
I'm looking to buy an oval moissanite. I'm seen the C&C Forever One and it's lovely. Which other ovals would you rate above the F1 for a 1.5ct equivalent pls?

Strawberries1

Shiny_Rock
While we're on the topic here peeps ... if I may ask... what shape/cuts is it you'd like to see be introduced in these products? All optically designed for top optics of course. I have prototypes I've put together, some that are absolutely amazing that I plan on introducing over the course of the year in diamond but would also make amazing moissy products to test the market with and much less expensive to experiment with. I'm curious to hear your input. You can list more than one of course but if you have a priority I'd love to see that too.
Ovals, ovals, ovals please! 1.5ct equivalent!:appl:

EarlyBirdAsscher

Rough_Rock
I’m also tempted to get 5 5mm ones to make a band..

That’s my plan! For my 20th anniversary next year. And I’m desperately trying to think of an excuse to get it super early. :think:

I keep wondering if the 5mm stones are too big, but it seems like the only other option would be smaller, less well-cut stones. If the best looking stones are big, I guess I have to go big, right?

Last edited:

Strawberries1

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for the opportunity to serve you @Dandi. I can't tell you how much my wife and I take pleasure in helping each and every one of you. I also really enjoy the constructive criticism and comments as it helps us to adapt and make things even better as we progress into 2019. Some exciting things are coming VERY SOON too as I'll be receiving the very first prototype AV Oval.

All the best,
Jonathan & Vicki
May I see a video of the AV oval please?

Strawberries1

Shiny_Rock
Agreed, but mine will all be Moissanite. :cry2: Guess it’s back to the drawing board for me. Amora is so hard to get, and Less said near colorless would basically be impossible to get. AV is super expensive. And the Chinese companies just aren’t there with their cutting, but at this point they’re the front runner for me.
What're your thoughts on C&C F1?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any idea when the next AV sale might be?
I just checked for you..The valentine day 20% sale is still there for moissanite. I’m waiting for my hearts and arrows moissanite from them. It’s been delayed..so I’m trying to be patient..Theyre going to ship it directly to David Klass..He seems to have a longer wait now so I won’t be getting it for quite a while..sigh..I’m sure it will be worth it..I LOVE my emerald cut..

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
May I see a video of the AV oval please?
I don't believe AV created an oval moissanite yet, if this is what you're looking for. He's made an oval diamond, but no moissy. You might be better off messaging/emailing directly and asking if/when they'll have oval moissanites: https://august-vintage-inc.myshopify.com/

I'm not sure if listing email is allowed on here, but if you click on the website, you'll see the email at the top of the page (including the 20% discount! =)2).

Oval moissanites and other fancy cuts seem to be much more popular on Reddit than Pricescope, which tends to lean more towards rounds and antique cuts. I've seen a lot of ovals posted on there as opposed to here.

FujiFuji

Rough_Rock
Boy i really love AV, I just want to express how much i wish i purchased my future wife's engagement ring from him. I started following him on IG right around the time I purchased the ring for her but boy I wish I went with AV.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Boy i really love AV, I just want to express how much i wish i purchased my future wife's engagement ring from him. I started following him on IG right around the time I purchased the ring for her but boy I wish I went with AV.
There’s always birthdays, anniversaries, just because presents :halo:

FujiFuji

Rough_Rock
There’s always birthdays, anniversaries, just because presents :halo:

Ha, maybe the 50th anni. Really though whenever I see a post on IG I'm filled with buyers remorse

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thought I would add this to this thread.
G/H, 8.5mm AVR Moissy in platinum and rose gold made by David Klass.

331AB73D-06BE-47E2-9304-C7E7B83E5160.jpeg
Omg! It’s gorgeous!!! I love it!

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thought I would add this to this thread.
G/H, 8.5mm AVR Moissy in platinum and rose gold made by David Klass.

331AB73D-06BE-47E2-9304-C7E7B83E5160.jpeg

This is gorgeous. I :love: it!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

EarlyBirdAsscher

Rough_Rock
I ordered a 8mm one. I can ask for an ASET when it’s done. I’ll say inquiring PS minds want to know

That would be awesome, thanks! I’m still months away from being able to order. That’s what I get for picking out my present too soon. :wink2:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I would just quickly post a link to @glitterysparkle's amazing new ring from AV, seeing as it's tucked away in the Testimonials section of the forum and needs a lot more exposure! :))

Amazing work!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/amazing-e-ring-by-jon-at-august-vintage.249528/

8adaf177-439b-4b62-bd2b-bfa1429aa8a5-jpeg.696565

cressyrose

Rough_Rock
I have a question for the lucky owners of AVOEC moissys! How do you find the cuts/perfomance of the AVOEC moissys as compared to moissys from other vendors, or even diamonds?

I keep stalling as to whether I would like to purchase one, or hold out until lab diamond OECs(!) are eventually cut:whistle:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I have a question for the lucky owners of AVOEC moissys! How do you find the cuts/perfomance of the AVOEC moissys as compared to moissys from other vendors, or even diamonds?

I keep stalling as to whether I would like to purchase one, or hold out until lab diamond OECs(!) are eventually cut:whistle:
I don’t have the OEC but I’m kinda in the same predicament. I’ve had an AVR in my shopping cart for months now but haven’t pulled the trigger...mostly because I have been a little stingy and am holding out hope that the price of moissy goes down since lab diamonds have become more ubiquitous . :lol: I can’t bring myself to buy an OEC moissy from the Chinese vendors not because I think they’re bad (I’ve a ACC from Starsgem that I love), but all the OECs I’ve seen from them look too “flowery”/transitional for me. I want my fat petals and high crown! And only AV makes it how I like it.

I think if you want a diamond OEC, those are pretty easy to find for “cheap” compared to modern cuts. I’ve seen them in antique stores and even Jonathan has some in his stock (earth grown). I can’t speak for others, but what I’ve noticed about diamonds is that their facets are “deeper” than moissy. Like the “pool of water” effect.

This might also help, too...if you scroll down, there are a couple videos that compares the AVR moissy with the AVR diamond:
https://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/august-vintage-oec-moissanite-vs-august-vintage-oec-diamond/

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont know how quickly moissy prices will drop with MMD on the market. Especially “branded” Moissy like AV. I’m also impatient so am the happy owner of 2 ( soon to be 3) AV moissy. All precision modern cuts though lol, oddly I like my oecs and antique cuts a little wonky.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I dont know how quickly moissy prices will drop with MMD on the market. Especially “branded” Moissy like AV. I’m also impatient so am the happy owner of 2 ( soon to be 3) AV moissy. All precision modern cuts though lol, oddly I like my oecs and antique cuts a little wonky.
I hear ya. I may just buy the AVR by the end of this year because I’m that nuts. I love the AV MRB I got a couple months ago, but I swore up and down it would be the only branded moissy I’d buy. Now I want the OEC. :(2:lol: I haven’t decided on how I want to set it, though, so that is helping me delay my buying it.

I probably shouldn’t care about the market because it’s not like I plan to sell/replace my moissy pieces, anyway. I like to keep them as travel options and fun pieces. Ugh, I cannot make up my mind. :roll :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results