shape
carat
color
clarity

August vintage inc.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@sd_flp It is just perfect. Love it and what a difference a well-made bezel can make! Enjoy wearing that beauty. Tbh, I am always an old cut nut but your gorgeous ring and stone is making me want to try an AV H&A :mrgreen:
Thank you! And I agree, a well-made bezel can make a huge difference. I didn’t show this but there is a basket design in this ring that helps light go through the stone. So I think that’s why the moissy picks up less yellow than it would if it were a fully closed bezel piece. :mrgreen2: I am starting to love bezels much more than prongs now! Even my jeweler liked this ring more, ha!

You should try the AV H&A!!! 8-) I really don’t see myself replacing it with a lab diamond; if you get one, I’m sure you will love it just as much as the rest of us do. Do you know what size and color you’d like? ;)2

I am actually tempted to get an AV OEC from yours and everyone else’s pics on here. I’d have to go warm for this cut, though. Not a fan of colorless antique cuts.

Last edited:

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
@Mamabean, thank you! :kiss2: It was a great evening and are now making some coffee. :lol-2:
Gorgeous... love the Arrows showing so well...
I did want to share a couple pics I took on the way home and before dinner just so people can see how the stone performs under light; very rarely I will see warmth, but it’s only under certain angles in the shade. It faces up super white 95% of the time and that is more than good for me! :D It goes to show how well cut and clear AV moissys are:
949ACB75-5C57-4852-B883-20CDE3973BF8.jpeg F313E79F-121C-41F2-89E9-51A6B01E87AD.jpeg

Also wanted to share a not so good comparison of how the bezel ring looked before and after; it’s pretty blurry because my hand was shaking (with my 5.5mm OEC). Unfortunately I didn’t take too many before pics because I was set on giving to my jeweler ASAP but you can see how thick the bezel was as well as some of the scratches. I asked him if it was possible to make it thinner and he not only did that but polished the entire ring:

F9DEA894-2CC8-489D-8DB4-7F8D84374562.jpeg

Overall, I’m just extremely happy. :kiss2:
Loving the gorgeous arrows

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Loving the gorgeous arrows
Thanks so much! I love them, too! :kiss2: I got a bit obsessive this morning as my first thought was to immediately look at it...which I did. :oops::lol:

Reactions: Rpb

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
@Mamabean, thank you! :kiss2: It was a great evening and are now making some coffee. :lol-2:

I did want to share a couple pics I took on the way home and before dinner just so people can see how the stone performs under light; very rarely I will see warmth, but it’s only under certain angles in the shade. It faces up super white 95% of the time and that is more than good for me! :D It goes to show how well cut and clear AV moissys are:
949ACB75-5C57-4852-B883-20CDE3973BF8.jpeg F313E79F-121C-41F2-89E9-51A6B01E87AD.jpeg

Also wanted to share a not so good comparison of how the bezel ring looked before and after; it’s pretty blurry because my hand was shaking (with my 5.5mm OEC). Unfortunately I didn’t take too many before pics because I was set on giving to my jeweler ASAP but you can see how thick the bezel was as well as some of the scratches. I asked him if it was possible to make it thinner and he not only did that but polished the entire ring:

F9DEA894-2CC8-489D-8DB4-7F8D84374562.jpeg

Overall, I’m just extremely happy. :kiss2:
Wow! HUGE difference.

Your ring is absolutely gorgeous. And I love contrast of the rich yellow gold against the icy white stone. :love::love::love:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! HUGE difference.

Your ring is absolutely gorgeous. And I love contrast of the rich yellow gold against the icy white stone. :love::love::love:
Thank you, @GlitterInMyHair ! :kiss2: I definitely believe the yellow gold plays up how white the AV is! :love:

I know most jewelers recommend using white gold with colorless stones but I’ve honestly never been a die hard white gold fan. I think it looks *too* white on me and I mainly bought it because I read it makes colorless stones look better. I still like my white gold ring from Ivy and Rose, but I love how this yellow gold compliments my skin tone much more. :cool2:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Omg. Way to make my future choices even harder!! Lmao.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m running out of fingers and wrists!
Me too! I got an emerald cut after I saw yours...so in my best interest don’t get the Asscher or you will be enabling me!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! Do you know how many mm the band is? Is it 14kt?
Thank you! It's 2mm and in 18K gold. I was trying not to go too thin with this one, but I didn't want it to be too thick or ornate, either.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick photo wearing it :twisted2:
20190328_163037.jpg

I love it! The bezel looks perfect and I love that you went with yellow gold. Your AV moissy really pops a lucious bright white against the setting. The perfect contrast. :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
4E6151BA-F153-4991-B236-9FDC44B47339.jpeg

Damn girl, this is legitimately the most gorgeous emerald cut I’ve ever seen! It’s so bright!
Have you found the right band for it yet?
Thank you! Yes..I bought a skinny diamond eternity band from Blue Nile..and now it’s perfect. I actually like when there’s a gap with an ering. I actually like them both ways depending on the ring and band
. DFD856AA-55AF-409C-837E-5ED183A176DA.jpeg

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! The bezel looks perfect and I love that you went with yellow gold. Your AV moissy really pops a lucious bright white against the setting. The perfect contrast. :kiss2:
Thank you! :kiss2: Admittedly there are some lighting situations where it does look warm, but I don’t mind it. ‘Cause nearly all the time it looks crazy white! :love: I didn’t expect people to like the contrast as much as I did, but I’m glad. :mrgreen2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Yes..I bought a skinny diamond eternity band from Blue Nile..and now it’s perfect. I actually like when there’s a gap with an ering. I actually like them both ways depending on the ring and band

Love it! The thin, yet blingy, band goes perfectly. :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOVE this and love the gap. It makes each ring feel separate and distinct so you can appreciate each ring vs one big wall of bling if that makes sense. That's why I personally prefer a gap between my rings. You wear these so beautifully @Mamabean. Elegance perfected.:love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE this and love the gap. It makes each ring feel separate and distinct so you can appreciate each ring vs one big wall of bling if that makes sense. That's why I personally prefer a gap between my rings. You wear these so beautifully @Mamabean. Elegance perfected.:love:
Thank you @missy! :P2

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
I love this set so much!! And count me in as 1 more fan of "the gap".

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I had my eye on this LAD listing for a while and finally caved in and bought the AVC only without the setting. Will be in my hands around mid April. Can't wait!!!!

http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/s...-august-vintage-cushion-moissanite-solitaire/
Oh, how beautiful! I didn’t know LAD can sell the stones apart from the setting! =)2

I’ve actually been struggling as to whether I should get another AV stone or not since I love my Ideal Round so much. :cry2: It’s been hard. :lol:

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Well I have an AVR Amora gem and I just love the flash and sparkles it gives under any light conditions and I have always been drawn to the AVC videos online, so I had to totally get one... knowing AV lines are ideal cut, I am sure you won't be disappointed. I can't wait to see the AVC in person when I get it.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is interesting...
I am the proud owner of two moissy AVRs. One I bought directly from Jon and the other I purchased preloved since I love mine so much. I took the preloved one to my local jeweler to do my due diligence and have it tested. I can tell from the beautiful cut that it is an AVR. They have nearly the same specs.
The original AVR I bought from AV tested as moissy while the preloved one tested as diamond. Same tester. My AVR is set in platinum. The preloved one is loose. Hmmm, I wonder why @Rhino ?
Not a big deal. Just curious. :doh:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is interesting...
I am the proud owner of two moissy AVRs. One I bought directly from Jon and the other I purchased preloved since I love mine so much. I took the preloved one to my local jeweler to do my due diligence and have it tested. I can tell from the beautiful cut that it is an AVR. They have nearly the same specs.
The original AVR I bought from AV tested as moissy while the preloved one tested as diamond. Same tester. My AVR is set in platinum. The preloved one is loose. Hmmm, I wonder why @Rhino ?
Not a big deal. Just curious. :doh:
@Sandeek Did you buy a third AVR moissy? What color and mm is the one you had in the SOTDT?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean As per your kind request here is the AVR I bought preloved. I love it. It’s 8.5mm, color G/H custom cut. I am not sure what I will do with it yet. :lol:

ETA Mamabean we were posting at the same time! Lol

BB40FE3B-8EF4-4AE5-9562-219EDC960955.jpeg 9FE12196-5DF9-4374-9F42-F44B5F7B2FC4.jpeg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek Did you buy a third AVR moissy? What color and mm is the one you had in the SOTDT?

I have two 8.5mm AVRs. One is G/H color. The other is H/I I think. Both incredible performers.

Reactions: AV_

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@Mamabean As per your kind request here is the AVR I bought preloved. I love it. It’s 8.5mm, color G/H custom cut. I am not sure what I will do with it yet. :lol:

ETA Mamabean we were posting at the same time! Lol

BB40FE3B-8EF4-4AE5-9562-219EDC960955.jpeg 9FE12196-5DF9-4374-9F42-F44B5F7B2FC4.jpeg

Ugh, I swoon over your OECs and rings :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results