shape
carat
color
clarity

At what temp do you think it’s too cold for shorts or skirts?

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Dresses are the best. They're only a summer option for me because of my problems wearing any type of shoes. :cry2: I feel the same about pajamas. I'm the only one I know who wears nightgowns.

I can relate. As you can see then it is the three of us being dress and nightgown fans. Hey we are the dress girls gands! :lol:

I have problems with shoes too. I have extremely thin calves and lower thighs, hence as Missy knows my problems findings boots but to boot (pun intended) very wide feet go with these calves, so for me closed shoes are a huge problem, almost impossible to wear. I would like to spend the entire year in slippers or overknees fitted for my thighs. Even the comfiest sandals can give me like ten blisters. I never give up though, I have a huge collection of sandals because I adore them ... and then wear them maybe once and suffer.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy My foot trouble is documented all over here. I have plantar fasciitis and achilles tendinitis that is permanent because of my ankylosing spondylitis. I can get away with some ugly sandals in the summer, but never dress shoes, flats or basically anything else. Barefeet is best, everything else is only tolerable for a short time. I have spend $$$$ trying to find anything that works. /vent

Proud to be part of the nightgown gang. I bet I'm also part of the no wrinkles in bed sheets gang too? My skin is so delicate! Lol.:P2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy My foot trouble is documented all over here. I have plantar fasciitis and achilles tendinitis that is permanent because of my ankylosing spondylitis. I can get away with some ugly sandals in the summer, but never dress shoes, flats or basically anything else. Barefeet is best, everything else is only tolerable for a short time. I have spend $$$$ trying to find anything that works. /vent

Proud to be part of the nightgown gang. I bet I'm also part of the no wrinkles in bed sheets gang too? My skin is so delicate! Lol.:P2

Oh I am sorry @lyra!
And bwahaha the nightgown gang. LOVE it!:lol:
Maybe we will start a trend. Badass strong women in nightgowns and proud of it.:cool2:

nightgown.gif

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I'd be cold in shorts under 70f, but we are all different. Skirts and dresses are different because you can wear winter ones with boots and thick tights.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually wait until it's at least 70F to wear dresses & skirts, though I've been known to wear a sweater dress with tights in the mid to upper 60s.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

@lyra I guess these things go hand in hand. I have had a problem with the sheets the last few days itching like a crazy. I think I am going to deskin myself. @missy I am sure you join in skin misery unfortunately. So yeah, delicate skin team too.

I also have a problem with my feet. I was born with a bone deformity in my heels, I have no idea what it is called. I cannot put weight on my heels and learn to walk like ballerinas. The rest of my feet were so flexible that I would bend them over and walk on the top part of my feet. Because my legs hurt like crazy if I wear completely flat shoes (except lately I have been loving Havaiana rubber slippers), I need some heel support usually. I get along quite well with wedges, not sure what your experience has been with them @lyra.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@missy I am sure you join in skin misery unfortunately. So yeah, delicate skin team too.

Yes so perhaps on the exterior we are delicate but we are strong on the inside and we make it work despite the challenges we have.

nothingisimpossible.jpeg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sunstorm I can't do wedges either. The only thing I can wear are athletic shoes, but only certain ones. I'm worried about when my eldest daughter gets married. I'm going to have to spray paint my Asics silver or gold and go with that!:eek2:I will definitely be choosing a long gown where shoes cannot be seen.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sunstorm I can't do wedges either. The only thing I can wear are athletic shoes, but only certain ones. I'm worried about when my eldest daughter gets married. I'm going to have to spray paint my Asics silver or gold and go with that!:eek2:I will definitely be choosing a long gown where shoes cannot be seen.

Lyra if you can wear a long dress no one will see your shoes. The dress can hit just above the floor hiding your shoes. I wore inexpensive comfortable flats for my wedding and with the dress length it just appeared I was floating. It was very cool. So don’t worry! And spray those Asics for any peekaboo glimpses. You’ll be ok. And comfort is key. And congratulations on your DD’s upcoming wedding!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lol and you know what I love about Jewish holidays and also spending time in Israel? Not a single person looks at you like you just came from planet Mars if you are wearing a fancy dress, made up, hair done, gorgeous bling and pair them with rubber Havaianas, sneakers or simple ballet flats. I have so many gorgeous shoes but I love wearing nothing more than my Havaianas. I even got to like the look with dresses and my other stuff being fancy.

@lyra just be as comfy as you can be. Remember that style does not depend on one thing. It depends on how you carry yourself, your internal presence and so many things. Some people like dressing simple with blingy bling. That is ok too. We are individuals and nothing wrong with wearing flats to a wedding and a long dress, agreed. I love doing that at times too.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be clear @missy , my daughter isn't even engaged yet. It's just future planning.

I've seen some brides choosing blinged out Keds these days. I think anything goes if it's hidden?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala I have an answer for you today...At this temperature too cold for shorts and sandals.

march2018snow.jpg
beachhouse2018snowmarch.jpg

Oh happy Spring.8-)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
winter_gear.jpg :lol:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in the midwest.
I where dress and short skirts with fancy tights and boots fall, winter, spring:cry:...then summer comes!!!

For 3 whole months I get to let my legs breathe. Bare legs in my skirts and dresses!!! Yahoo!!! :appl:Such an exciting and highly anticipated time of year for me.:dance:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results