shape
carat
color
clarity

At what size does a 3-stone lose it's lovely aesthetic?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It look great on you even with the larger center stone! Especially, if the side stones are slightly tucked under and tilted, it will look fantastic. Are you still thinking of upgrading your center stone as well?

No, I'm not going to upgrade any time soon... too expensive. Diamonds Direct indicated to me that they're not interested in helping me upgrade unless I'm going to spend an additional $15K with them... like it wasn't even hinted - they actually told me that! In other words, they won't negotiate the listed price like they always have in the past. Everyone knows that you don't pay the sticker price... they came off $5k+ on all three of the diamonds I've purchased from them.

[WARNING: rant below]

I showed them them 4 virtual stones that I wanted to see, and they were only willing to get one of them -- and their price was $7K more than it was listed on BN. They even went on to say that the BN price was $4K less than what they could buy it for -- How dumb do they think I am, ya'll??!! I couldn't help being kind of a B by saying, "Hmmm... that's weird. I wonder why BN would take a huge loss on a stone... strange business practice right there."
upload_2019-8-19_14-19-32-jpeg.707954

They may not have known that I knew better, but it still ticked me off that they'd pull that crap. They know I'm on PS, and they wanna poo-poo the HCA to sell GIA XXX because "that's the best you can get... Triple X is Triple X"... blah blah blah.

[Rant Over]

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-19_14-19-32.jpeg
    upload_2019-8-19_14-19-32.jpeg
    7.1 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they fit across your finger for sure. How is the comfort when worn? Do the side stones overlap your other fingers at all? How high are these stones set? Might make a difference for your ring depending on how high you would want your own diamonds set.

I do like the proportions and think they would look even better with your size diamond.

Hard to judge the overall aesthetic since the fun ring has such a chunky setting and I am sure your ring would have a more delicate and well-made setting. But if the goal was to see if the stones would fit without looking too over-the-top, I'd say you got your answer: "Yes!"

It was super comfortable... the center stone was set pretty high. Higher than I'd like. There was no overlap because it was so high. But, honestly, that center looked to be 2-2.5 mm larger than mine when I put one on top of the other.

And yes, the setting was super chunky! I did like the look of the 4 prongs vs 6 or 8 though...

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think someone on this thread earlier made mention of the difference between an ering-type 3-stone versus a anniversary-type 3-stone. Indicating that the proportions would be different.

What are people’s opinions on that difference?

GiveMePerfect

Rough_Rock
@msop04 Have you see these two threads with 3ct three stones?
One of them has your same ring size too.
I'm currently making a three stone with my 3.34ct with 0.5 sides, and size 5. It looks great!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results