shape
carat
color
clarity

My BGD Truth 3 Stone Upgrade (with new 3ct center)!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I recently decided to upgrade the center stone in my Truth 3 stone ring. It now holds a fabulous 3.02 ct H SI-1 diamond from BGD! They were able to reuse my original setting which was also a plus!

Thanks again to all of the wonderful staff at Brian Gavin Diamonds for such a great experience! Brian and Lesley were really great to work with!

Now onto the photos!

BrianGavin_Truth3x4b_101211_2.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: My BGD Truth 3 Stone Upgrade!

Window shot!

IMG_6298.JPG

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: My BGD Truth 3 Stone Upgrade!

Handshot!

IMG_6389.JPG

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got Bling? :sun:

Awesome that they could re-use the setting! That's a BIG size difference - I'm actually really surprised! Can we get some profile shots to show what's changed?

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Wiping drool off my keyboard! Love it!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
G :love: RGE :love: US!!!!! :appl:

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Panting and out of breath as I lust over that ring!! Just perfect in every way!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Profile view as requested!

IMG_6397.JPG

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW :love: I dont think any more words are needed :love:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely mouth watering!! :lickout: :roll: It's gorgeous!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
now that's a bling! :love: :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lickout: :loopy: :love: :o What else can I say! It looks fabulous on you!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Now that is some BLING!!! :love: :love: :love: Do you notice any warmth in the H center stone? All 3 stones look very white in the pics you posted.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stargurl78--There's really not a noticeable difference in color to me comparing the H to the G colored stones, especially in terms of warmth side by side! So definitely no regrets about upgrading to the bigger H diamond! I don't think I would hesitate to get another H colored diamond in the future!

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
More....more...more...PICS!!!! Love! :love:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
diamondrnglover|1318630170|3040554 said:
WOW :love: I dont think any more words are needed :love:

This. :love: :love:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky you!!!! :love: :love: :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just so beautiful mom2boys, it's stunning - elegant and classic, and yet so wonderfully blingy!! :love: :love: :love:

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
What ct was the center before? LOVE the upgrade even without knowing :) Beautiful!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snooper--the original center stone was a 2.3 G VS-2 which was around 8.5 mm in diameter. This one is 9.3 mm in diameter.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1318630114|3040553 said:
Profile view as requested!

OMG, I think your ring has had an injection of steroids!! That's HUGE and GORGEOUS!! :love: :love: :love:

I also think your centre H doesn't look different from your G sides. I think you may have lucked out and got a high H (d'you know?). In any case :appl: :appl: :appl: .

More handshots please.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Btw, might you happen to know how BGD managed to "tweak" the setting to fit the new centre stone? I mean that's like a 1mm difference. I'd like to keep my LM setting when I re-do mine to cater for smaller sidestones; and have spoken to VC but he doesn't seem to want to keep and modify it.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's another!

Thanks, Phoenix! I'm glad the ring meets your strict standards for color! Unfortunately, getting an F colored 3 ct diamond like yours would have been way out of my budget!

IMG_6390.JPG

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1318658247|3040780 said:
Here's another!

Thanks, Phoenix! I'm glad the ring meets your strict standards for color! Unfortunately, getting an F colored 3 ct diamond like yours would have been way out of my budget!

F is ridiculously high and unnecessary! I'd never (well never say "never" but ykwim) buy such a high coloured large stone again - it's just doesn't make sense to me anymore. I'd much rather go for a larger size, esp when H's look soooooo good and soooooo white like yours!! :love: :love: :appl: :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix--Brian thought initally based on the original CADs that we would have to completely start w/ a new setting. But when he actually received the ring, he was able to remove the center head and somehow maneuver the bigger stone into the same slot. I think that the center stone just sits higher than the side stones in this setting. I really can't tell that anything was done to it at all--looks like it was always meant to be this way! I'm not sure how your LM 3 stone sides could be tweaked b/c your setting is different.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1318658672|3040784 said:
Phoenix--Brian thought initally based on the original CADs that we would have to completely start w/ a new setting. But when he actually received the ring, he was able to remove the center head and somehow maneuver the bigger stone into the same slot. I think that the center stone just sits higher than the side stones in this setting. I really can't tell that anything was done to it at all--looks like it was always meant to be this way! I'm not sure how your LM 3 stone sides could be tweaked b/c your setting is different.

Thanks, mom2boys, that *is* useful information. I can't tell that anything has been done to your setting either - it looks like it's been made from scratch.

Wear your BEAUTIFUL new ring in great health. Did I already say I have a weakness for 3-stone rings, esp one as gorgeous as yours?! :praise: Can't wait to see a ton more photos. :twirl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Drool worthy for sure, gorgeous ring!

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring! What a serious fingerful of bling you have. It looks really great on your hand.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results