shape
carat
color
clarity

At what point do you file a claim on ebay?

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, it's been 9 days since I've bought a ring on ebay, to the tune of $900. As of 2 days ago, it still hadn't shipped, but the seller said she would ship the following day. I haven't heard from her since (I've sent two messages - one today, one yesterday). Would you file a claim now? Wait 2 full weeks? I'd much rather just say "forget it" and put the $900 towards my daughter's orthodontics (she's getting braces) deposit at this point. But should I give her a few more days?

So annoyed.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i would email the seller first and request a refund since she hasn't shipped it within the promised timeframe. let her/him know you will file a claim if you are not refunded. if you don't get a refund within a couple of business days then file the claim.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How many as a SELLER feedback do they have and is it all positive as a seller ( as a buyer feedback is useless as it can only be positive)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, it's been 9 days since I've bought a ring on ebay, to the tune of $900. As of 2 days ago, it still hadn't shipped, but the seller said she would ship the following day. I haven't heard from her since (I've sent two messages - one today, one yesterday). Would you file a claim now? Wait 2 full weeks? I'd much rather just say "forget it" and put the $900 towards my daughter's orthodontics (she's getting braces) deposit at this point. But should I give her a few more days?

So annoyed.
I had to get eBay involved one time when a seller sent me a counterfeit item. If you email the seller through the listing..then eBay has your info..I contacted eBay and they resolved it that way. The other way is if you used PayPal they can also do the same thing. I ordered an item on Etsy..I returned it..fortunately with tracking and signature confirmation..so it was documented I sent it back..Anyway..PayPal opened a case and they tried to contact her.She also ignored them..They gave it a certain number of days and then they deposited the money in my account. Your credit card should also do the same. Good luck!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How many as a SELLER feedback do they have and is it all positive as a seller ( as a buyer feedback is useless as it can only be positive)

the reason I purchased the ring was because she has >200 feedback at 100% positive.

I guess I'll give her until tomorrow to reply to me in some form (I already emailed her today) and tomorrow I'll ask for a refund.

10 days seems fair, right?

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to get eBay involved one time when a seller sent me a counterfeit item. If you email the seller through the listing..then eBay has your info..I contacted eBay and they resolved it that way. The other way is if you used PayPal they can also do the same thing. I ordered an item on Etsy..I returned it..fortunately with tracking and signature confirmation..so it was documented I sent it back..Anyway..PayPal opened a case and they tried to contact her.She also ignored them..They gave it a certain number of days and then they deposited the money in my account. Your credit card should also do the same. Good luck!

TY! Yes, all communication as been through ebay, including paypal via ebay

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
TY! Yes, all communication as been through ebay, including paypal via ebay
Then you don’t have to worry..PayPal is great..It was easy peasy but they do make you wait a certain number of days. I would wait a little longer but email the seller one more time saying you really don’t want to contact PayPal but you’re feeling concerned. It could shake her up enough to answer you.
What makes me mad was the seller on Etsy on the sneak cancelled the order without refunding the money before PayPal got involved so I couldn’t leave feedback and warn anyone..Very shady!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, email the seller and tell her that you are going to raise a dispute with eBay. Give her another day before opening the dispute. Often times sellers have “other lives” and get sick etc etc but 9 days is too long not to have shipped or politely and profusely apologized for the delay.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
where (what state) does the seller ship from?
Is it possible they dont have internet ?

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
where (what state) does the seller ship from?
Is it possible they dont have internet ?

Hawaii

I heard from her on 9/11 though that she would ship the next day, then radio silence again since...

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok, thanks everyone. I'll shoot her another note tomorrow and will give her another 24hr before filing a claim

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Open a case with eBay now. It will either prompt the seller to respond appropriately or eBay will step in and resolve to make you whole.
Speaking from ~20yrs eBay experience as both a seller & buyer.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hawaii has had a tropical storm over the last couple days as well. Just FYI.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did the seller answer you yet?

she apologized on the 14th, said she had an injury and that she would ship it the next day. So I guess I'll see if it comes this week. She didn't send me a tracking # :\

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
she apologized on the 14th, said she had an injury and that she would ship it the next day. So I guess I'll see if it comes this week. She didn't send me a tracking # :\
Fingers crossed!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@HappyNewLife Check out my post in the thread I started about the seller that I had to go through PayPal to get refunded..I’m hoping you got your ring already..

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't. The seller replied to me yesterday.

recap: I paid on the 5th. She said she'd ship on the 9th. Then disappeared and returned saying she had an injury and would ship the next day. Then nothing again for a couple days, and now she said she had another health problem but that it would ship today.

I'm not sure what to believe anymore, but today marks 2 weeks.

Maybe I'll get it in time for Christmas :\

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn't. The seller replied to me yesterday.

recap: I paid on the 5th. She said she'd ship on the 9th. Then disappeared and returned saying she had an injury and would ship the next day. Then nothing again for a couple days, and now she said she had another health problem but that it would ship today.

I'm not sure what to believe anymore, but today marks 2 weeks.

Maybe I'll get it in time for Christmas :\
Just don’t let it go too long..I think I got double scammed by the seller that I had to go through PayPal to get refunded. I started a thread. Really frustrating!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You've been patient and while accidents/illnesses happen she could have had someone ship it out for her by now.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
YKES. I would open a claim tonight if you do not have a tracking by the end of business today. That is insane.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day 15, still no tracking #. She assured me it would ship today (well, she has said that on 3-4 occasions now). Said she was released from the hospital yesterday and would ship today. Nothing. I’m filing a claim tomorrow.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow you are patient. I am glad you will get your money back. I am sorry they are scammers !

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Day 15, still no tracking #. She assured me it would ship today (well, she has said that on 3-4 occasions now). Said she was released from the hospital yesterday and would ship today. Nothing. I’m filing a claim tomorrow.
I think you should! Jennifer waited too long and now she has a problem and I don’t think she will ever get reimbursed. I waited a month which was really too long..but fortunately it worked out and I did get my money back. I would still call PayPal and ask them how long do you have to wait to file a claim through them if EBay doesn’t resolve this quickly.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I filed last night afterall. Nothing today from the seller - shocker. If she doesn't ship by the 26th, ebay will intervene so I can get my money back. I'm actually bummed because it was an eternity ring that would have gone so well with my e-ring, for a pretty good deal. But alas, $900 for "air" is not a good deal.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I filed last night afterall. Nothing today from the seller - shocker. If she doesn't ship by the 26th, ebay will intervene so I can get my money back. I'm actually bummed because it was an eternity ring that would have gone so well with my e-ring, for a pretty good deal. But alas, $900 for "air" is not a good deal.
I’m glad you did..There’s another eternity waiting for you that you’ll love better! Thrill of the hunt!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results