shape
carat
color
clarity

At last, my diamond has a final home by Victor Canera!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
That is so very sweet of you to say! Your diamond is absolutely gorgeous and looks great in a three stone! I actually really wasn't considering a halo very strongly, either, because I was afraid it would be uncomfortably large. It is rather large, but the setting is so perfect for the diamond that I don't mind the size! I'd be thrilled for my ring to be inspiration for someone else in the future! My other option did happen to be a three stone! My daughter swayed me to the halo!

Oh, thank you so much for your kind words! I am very thankful Victor was able to make the setting and was able to incorporate most of my favorite elements! I still can hardly believe I finally have a forever setting this beautiful!

I hope everyone knows how much I truly appreciate them taking the time to give such lovely comments on this ring!

Thank you for the compliment!

I will certainly tag you if the day comes! I’ll probably enjoy my three stone for a few more years minimally.

Because the work is so delicate, there is nothing overwhelming about the size and I think it suits your hand perfectly. And how lovely that your daughter will inherit it...that’s very special

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Outstanding Ring, DS!! I'd love to see more pics please. What a masterpiece!!
Thank you, Phoenix! Can you believe I finally did it after all this time?!!! Victor certainly did an outstanding job! I do need to take some more pictures!

That is a lovely ring and the setting is a timeless design, I know you are going to enjoy wearing it.
Thank you, I really am enjoying it!

Congrats on this beauty, I love it's vintage feel.
Thank you! I wanted something a little vintage but something that would hopefully never go out of style!

Thank you for the compliment!

I will certainly tag you if the day comes! I’ll probably enjoy my three stone for a few more years minimally.

Because the work is so delicate, there is nothing overwhelming about the size and I think it suits your hand perfectly. And how lovely that your daughter will inherit it...that’s very special

Thanks again!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well now. You finally did it??? I thought this day would never come! :lol:

And this is a great result. The quality is obvious and I actually like how the color and texture of the metal and the smooth swoop of the shank reminds me a little of the setting you wore so long. But the style is lovely and antique. And a little boost in visual size never hurts. The proportions of the halo are perfect.

I like the way your ring looks worn alone, too. I wear mine solo when I wear it, which is not much these days! I've been working from home -- even lecturing to like 250 people from my little office! oy what a strange year. So I hadn't worn my bling in ages but got it out the other day and wore it again. Nothing beats that little sparkle. Anyway, I like wearing mine alone so I can savour the profile and I think yours is similarly detailed and lovely from the side. It's hard to find a band that doesn't somehow distract from an intricate setting.

I'd love to see some family photos of your collection! Maybe you have posted? I'll go look now...

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
What a stunning ring. The quality just stands out so clearly. I second the vote for a "show me your whole collection"! You seem to have such amazing taste.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats with your amazing ring! Your Gorgeous stone has found its permanent home. I love how you have carefully thought about a permanent setting for many years. I can see the love and commitment that you have put into this ring.
Victor did an amazing job as always! I love the beautiful detailing. Your ring is a delight to look at from every angle.
Enjoy wearing your new masterpiece

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Such a beautiful new setting to house one of the most famous diamonds on PriceScope!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well now. You finally did it??? I thought this day would never come! :lol:

And this is a great result. The quality is obvious and I actually like how the color and texture of the metal and the smooth swoop of the shank reminds me a little of the setting you wore so long. But the style is lovely and antique. And a little boost in visual size never hurts. The proportions of the halo are perfect.

I like the way your ring looks worn alone, too. I wear mine solo when I wear it, which is not much these days! I've been working from home -- even lecturing to like 250 people from my little office! oy what a strange year. So I hadn't worn my bling in ages but got it out the other day and wore it again. Nothing beats that little sparkle. Anyway, I like wearing mine alone so I can savour the profile and I think yours is similarly detailed and lovely from the side. It's hard to find a band that doesn't somehow distract from an intricate setting.

I'd love to see some family photos of your collection! Maybe you have posted? I'll go look now...
Haha! Trust me, I was thinking the day would never come, too! Even though I wasn't going anywhere much, it gave me a lot of time to think about resetting! No, no collection pics! I actually did pull out my other rings after taking these, but gosh, getting every stone/ring to look at the camera and look good is like taking a picture with multiple children in it! :lol: So I gave up!!! I am so glad you are still around to see that I finally did it!:appl: You know how much I love yours, and I think I said in my first post that I was torn between a halo or three stone and finally let my daughter give me feedback on what she loves! I really wanted it to be a ring that she loved and would enjoy wearing eventually! Thank you!!!

What a stunning ring. The quality just stands out so clearly. I second the vote for a "show me your whole collection"! You seem to have such amazing taste.
I will try to get the energy to take some collection pics, at least of the rings! Thanks so much!

Congrats with your amazing ring! Your Gorgeous stone has found its permanent home. I love how you have carefully thought about a permanent setting for many years. I can see the love and commitment that you have put into this ring.
Victor did an amazing job as always! I love the beautiful detailing. Your ring is a delight to look at from every angle.
Enjoy wearing your new masterpiece
Thank you!!! So good to "see" you, Acinom! I hope all is well with you and your family! I know you appreciate Victor's workmanship since you have several of his gorgeous rings, and I was really just thrilled when he said he'd do it! It truly is an heirloom piece!

Such a beautiful new setting to house one of the most famous diamonds on PriceScope!
Thank you so much! It is a diamond that has stayed around for a long time, so I am finally happy to see it in such a complimentary setting!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Love your journey! Great eye for design :kiss2:

We should start a post for those in limbo while they wait for a design to inspire them

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is so beautiful! I keep coming back to look. Your stone is amazing.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing craftsmanship by the diamond cutter and VC! Truly beautiful :kiss2:@diamondseeker2006!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your journey! Great eye for design :kiss2:

We should start a post for those in limbo while they wait for a design to inspire them
Thank you! It was a very long journey for sure!

This is so beautiful! I keep coming back to look. Your stone is amazing.
Thank you so much! We definitely love similar things!!! =)2

Amazing craftsmanship by the diamond cutter and VC! Truly beautiful :kiss2:@diamondseeker2006!
Thank you! I'll have to agree that the stone and the setting both have beautiful craftsmanship! I am very thankful to finally have the stone in the right setting!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Almost eight years ago in May 2013, I bought a beautiful 2.3 AV/OEC I VS1 and set it temporarily ( :lol: ) in my previous Vatche U-113 solitaire. I needed some time to get used to the size increase, and I began to deliberate over what I wanted for a permanent setting. Over the years I'd see things I really liked, but I had commitment phobia because I was determined to set this stone ONE time into a permanent, heirloom setting.

I have known Victor Canera for many years, from the first time his incredible work was posted on PS. He made a beautiful sapphire halo studs and a handmade pendant chain for me, and I told him one day we would make a ring! Several weeks ago, I was talking with Victor and told him I had decided 2021 was the year I planned to reset my diamond, and I wished he could set it. I know how busy he is and totally understand that he gives priority to stones he sells, but I figured there was nothing to lose by mentioning that. To my great surprise and delight, he said he would be happy to make my ring!!!! (Please note that Victor's policy is to look at each request that comes in, and depending on many factors, he may choose to accept or decline the request. Don't take it personally if he doesn't. Sometimes he cannot take outside stones because he is too busy and can only produce so many pieces in a year. I'd appreciate it if there is no further discussion about this in my thread!)

Sooo, at that moment I knew I suddenly had to narrow down my setting choices to just ONE!!! I love so many of Victor's settings that it was hard to choose! I asked my older daughter what styles she liked since this one goes to her eventually, and she loves cushion halos. That helped me a lot since I was only certain that it would not be a solitaire. In the end, I combined elements I loved from some of Victor's pieces into the ring you see below that came today after a brief 5 week wait! It was everything I could hope for, and far more beautiful than pictures can portray (especially any taken by me!!!). I am so thankful for the gift that Victor has in creating handforged jewelry and that I have future heirlooms made by him which will be in my family for generations!

I absolutely love my new ring!!!! Thank you, Victor!!!

Now for a few quick pictures that I took this afternoon! (Platinum, single cut melee, fleur de lis gallery, triwire shank, double cuffs, size 5.75, diamond size 8.4mm)

IMG-5536.jpg IMG-5538.jpg IMG-5539.jpg IMG-5546.jpg

well this is incredibly satisfying and beautiful! beyond dreamy and perfect!!!!

just the perfect execution of this classic vision! ugh!!! so, so happy for you!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
well this is incredibly satisfying and beautiful! beyond dreamy and perfect!!!!

just the perfect execution of this classic vision! ugh!!! so, so happy for you!!!!
Thank you, my AVR sister! I’ve had it for close to a year now, and I still love it and think the long wait was worth it! Your setting has long been near the very top of my favorites! I think these stones are beautifully complemented by their settings!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, my AVR sister! I’ve had it for close to a year now, and I still love it and think the long wait was worth it! Your setting has long been near the very top of my favorites! I think these stones are beautifully complemented by their settings!

I’m so glad you had this long wait and deliberation as well- it was such a fun journey to follow!

And yes- totally worth it - your ring is just incredible- more than the sum of its impeccable parts- a true work of art and what an heirloom to have to pass down- some much heart and soul. Love it completely.

Thanks for the compliment on my setting as well; I still love to wear it and love to admire it and am so grateful to have such a piece to enjoy.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It simply is dreamy!! Sheer perfection! I drool every
time I see your avatar!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results