shape
carat
color
clarity

At last, my diamond has a final home by Victor Canera!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning & I love the tri-wire!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!! WOW!!!!
and that is an I colour AVR.
congrats!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect vintage setting for your stone. I also like it sans band.
Wear in health and happiness DS!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Holy. Moly. Well worth the wait!!!!

cheers--Sharon

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
That setting and stone combination is just perfection. Wear it in good health and for MANY years to come!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @diamondseeker2006 I am so glad your beautiful stone finally found it’s forever setting! It looks wonderful on your hand, you have definitely created a very special heirloom!

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
I love your ring! The setting is so very elegant! Wear it in happiness and good health.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything about all of this came together so marvellously!!! :cool2:

After years, your first preference designer taking your project on - maybe, if you hadn't waited this long, you'd have had to settle with an alternate vendor? And deciding on exactly the right combination of design elements... It would have been so easy to push it into "too busy"! But the components you and Victor chose - the tri-wire, the cuffs, the leaf shoulders, the cushion halo, the plain metal gallery - the perfect balance of detail and reservation... :love:

Your daughter will inherit such a special ring one day. So much thought and love went into this piece. ::)

I can see you adding a band or two in future!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost eight years ago in May 2013, I bought a beautiful 2.3 AV/OEC I VS1 and set it temporarily ( :lol: ) in my previous Vatche U-113 solitaire. I needed some time to get used to the size increase, and I began to deliberate over what I wanted for a permanent setting. Over the years I'd see things I really liked, but I had commitment phobia because I was determined to set this stone ONE time into a permanent, heirloom setting.

I have known Victor Canera for many years, from the first time his incredible work was posted on PS. He made a beautiful sapphire halo studs and a handmade pendant chain for me, and I told him one day we would make a ring! Several weeks ago, I was talking with Victor and told him I had decided 2021 was the year I planned to reset my diamond, and I wished he could set it. I know how busy he is and totally understand that he gives priority to stones he sells, but I figured there was nothing to lose by mentioning that. To my great surprise and delight, he said he would be happy to make my ring!!!! (Please note that Victor's policy is to look at each request that comes in, and depending on many factors, he may choose to accept or decline the request. Don't take it personally if he doesn't. Sometimes he cannot take outside stones because he is too busy and can only produce so many pieces in a year. I'd appreciate it if there is no further discussion about this in my thread!)

Sooo, at that moment I knew I suddenly had to narrow down my setting choices to just ONE!!! I love so many of Victor's settings that it was hard to choose! I asked my older daughter what styles she liked since this one goes to her eventually, and she loves cushion halos. That helped me a lot since I was only certain that it would not be a solitaire. In the end, I combined elements I loved from some of Victor's pieces into the ring you see below that came today after a brief 5 week wait! It was everything I could hope for, and far more beautiful than pictures can portray (especially any taken by me!!!). I am so thankful for the gift that Victor has in creating handforged jewelry and that I have future heirlooms made by him which will be in my family for generations!

I absolutely love my new ring!!!! Thank you, Victor!!!

Now for a few quick pictures that I took this afternoon! (Platinum, single cut melee, fleur de lis gallery, triwire shank, double cuffs, size 5.75, diamond size 8.4mm)

IMG-5536.jpg IMG-5538.jpg IMG-5539.jpg IMG-5546.jpg

Ah DS, it's stunning. Absolutely everything about it is perfect! Congrats!!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
This is an incredibly beautiful ring. Definitely worth the wait.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful DS!!! Love it! Definitely worth the wait to get exactly what you wanted!! It's fabulous!
Thanks so much!!!

Just WOW! Love every detail! Congrats!
Thank you!!!

Ummm... WHAT???!!! Wow! It looks amazing! Congrats! Love it.
Haha! Just trying to get my staple pieces finished!!! Thanks!

Your new reset is absolutely gorgeous, @diamondseeker2006! You have patiently thought this through for such a long time and I am so thrilled that this journey culminated in an heirloom piece from Victor! His work truly is just breathtakingly beautiful! And I love all of the design elements that you chose - tri-wire shank (I am obsessed with Victor's tri-wires!), double cuffs, petal shoulders, and that incredible fleur-de-lis gallery! Your new ring is exquisite in every way and it showcases your beautiful stone perfectly. :love: Please feel free to indulge us with as many pictures as you'd like, as we will never tire of seeing this stunner!!
Hi! I was hoping you'd see this since you have such an amazing VC collection! I wasn't sure how many more things I will make, so I tried to get as many of the elements I love in one ring! :lol: Thank you for all your inspiration! I am thankful to finally have one of Victor's rings!

I’ve always loved cuffs on rings but I didn’t know what they were called. They add such nice definition between the band and the petals...great choice!

Let us know what your daughter thinks. How fun it will be to show her the finished ring!

Thanks about my three-stone with the sapphires. It’s one ring that I still love after many years and have never wanted to change. I can’t say that about many things!
You know, I have picked up these terms around here, but I am not sure all ringmakers use the same terms! I have loved a sapphire 3 stone for years and years. It's my birthstone and blue is my favorite color! Not sure I can do another center diamond, so I might have to reverse the order. But I really love yours!

It’s so beautiful. I have long admired his pieces. Amazing.

Thank you! it took me a long time, but I am so glad I finally have a ring made by Victor!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning & I love the tri-wire!
Thank you!!!

Stunning!!! WOW!!!!
and that is an I colour AVR.
congrats!
Thanks, Greg! I wasn't sure how the I color would look in a halo, but I think the frame around the stone is a real asset!

Beautiful @diamondseeker2006 ! A nice heirloom design that will be loved for years!
Thanks so much!

Beautiful!
Thank you!

Perfect vintage setting for your stone. I also like it sans band.
Wear in health and happiness DS!
Thanks! Glad you like it without a band. I just don't want to damage the filigree!

HI:

Holy. Moly. Well worth the wait!!!!

cheers--Sharon
Thanks, Sharon!! Can you believe I finally did it?!!

That setting and stone combination is just perfection. Wear it in good health and for MANY years to come!
Thank you so much!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @diamondseeker2006 I am so glad your beautiful stone finally found it’s forever setting! It looks wonderful on your hand, you have definitely created a very special heirloom!
Thank you so much! I can't believe I finally did it!

I love your ring! The setting is so very elegant! Wear it in happiness and good health.
Thank you!!!

Everything about all of this came together so marvellously!!! :cool2:

After years, your first preference designer taking your project on - maybe, if you hadn't waited this long, you'd have had to settle with an alternate vendor? And deciding on exactly the right combination of design elements... It would have been so easy to push it into "too busy"! But the components you and Victor chose - the tri-wire, the cuffs, the leaf shoulders, the cushion halo, the plain metal gallery - the perfect balance of detail and reservation... :love:

Your daughter will inherit such a special ring one day. So much thought and love went into this piece. ::)

I can see you adding a band or two in future!!
Thanks, yssie!!! I am blessed to now have rings from a couple of the very best, and it was just time to have a Victor Canera creation! I have long wanted a handforged ring with tri-wire shank...I have pictures saved from many years ago of SS halos with tri-wire shanks. I just like Victor's better! It's funny it took me so long to have something made that I have loved all along, but the designs with longevity are best for the heirlooms, I think, as they'll always be in style! I always appreciate your friendship and excellent advice!

Ah DS, it's stunning. Absolutely everything about it is perfect! Congrats!!
Thanks so much, Michelle!

Oh of course, it’s absolutely amazing! I love his work and this is an incredible heirloom piece. Enjoy it!
Thank you! So happy you like it!

This is an incredibly beautiful ring. Definitely worth the wait.

Thanks so much!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@diamondseeker2006 this is one spectacular ring! You and Victor have created a lovely masterpiece that I know you and your daughter will enjoy for years to come. I love the triwire in particular. So gorgeous.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh DS - this is DIVINE! Congrats!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Breathtaking! Everything about it is stunning!
Congratulations!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful. Your AVR is what turned me on the August Vintage diamonds in the first place...

This setting is perfection with it. Gives it oomph without taking away from the star of the show :kiss2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I changed my avatar picture after so many years! I hope people will recognize me with the same props and diamond but different ring setting! Looks a little dark, though.

Here's another picture...

IMG-5594.jpg

It's beautiful, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This ring is really so special absolutely beautiful! I love it and the entire journey..

Is it possible we can get a group shot with your other diamond rings? Would love to see the line up. What a collection! Include the Casa too just because even though I know you are considering letting it go!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I came back for pictures, and you did not disappoint!! A127722F-81CC-4816-BC4D-FA5A4BF070F0.gif Thank you!!! I think it’s one of the most beautiful ring and stone combos I have ever seen! Enjoy her in much happiness and love.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 this is one spectacular ring! You and Victor have created a lovely masterpiece that I know you and your daughter will enjoy for years to come. I love the triwire in particular. So gorgeous.
Thank you! I am SO glad I asked for tri-wire!!!

Oh DS - this is DIVINE! Congrats!
Thank you so much!

Breathtaking! Everything about it is stunning!
Congratulations!
Thank you!!!

Absolutely beautiful. Your AVR is what turned me on the August Vintage diamonds in the first place...

This setting is perfection with it. Gives it oomph without taking away from the star of the show :kiss2:
Awww, thanks! I agree that the setting is a great compliment to the stone!

It's beautiful, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
Thank you!

This ring is really so special absolutely beautiful! I love it and the entire journey..

Is it possible we can get a group shot with your other diamond rings? Would love to see the line up. What a collection! Include the Casa too just because even though I know you are considering letting it go!
Hello, my bling buddy! Thank you! I will try to do that soon! Busy weekend coming up but I will try!

I came back for pictures, and you did not disappoint!! A127722F-81CC-4816-BC4D-FA5A4BF070F0.gif Thank you!!! I think it’s one of the most beautiful ring and stone combos I have ever seen! Enjoy her in much happiness and love.
Aww, so sweet! Thanks so much!

Bishbunch

Rough_Rock
It is absolutely magnificent, DS!!! It seems like a perfect design for you and showcases your AVR beautifully! I love it!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

With jewellery, sometimes it is good to take the long way home.

PS your prop is stunning!

cheers--Sharon

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You finally set it! This setting is absolutely gorgeous - and incorporates all your favorite elements from his works!

We need more pictures!

I don't think it needs a band either. It's a stand alone piece!

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Wow that is stunning!! Definitely agree that it's a statement piece on its own!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS your avatar photo is stunning!

Victor once told me his favorite style is Art Deco and as the name implies, these designs are truly works of art. Please add more photos as time allows, can’t get enough! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results