shape
carat
color
clarity

At last, my diamond has a final home by Victor Canera!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW! Your VC setting is GORGEOUS! I love all the details! At first glance, I thought the side stones were pears. That is definitely a heirloom ring!!!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely incredible! Your diamond is so beautiful in this gorgeous setting!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tri-wire shank, petal shoulders, a Yoram-cut centre, how could this be anything other than exquisite! beautiful setting for a beautiful stone!

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! This is an amazing setting for your beautiful stone! Victor is really an artist and this is no exception!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It’s beautiful!! Congrats and pls post more pics so that we can enjoy her

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your forever setting! It looks refined and elegant from every angle. The shank is perfect - weighty enough to not need a band but it still sets perfectly with the other elements. Executed to perfection!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness!!! What a beautiful ring!! Good things come to those who wait and this was definitely worth the wait. You and Victor clearly have a lovely working relationship, what a lucky lady you are! Just as an aside, if you feel that you need another (significantly older) daughter I am available for adoption! ;)2

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my word, this is EXQUISITE!

What a beautiful, beautiful work of art! Your patience & thought process has definitely paid off & this is definitely a forever, heirloom piece!

Congratulations, DS!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 it was well worth the wait. Your stunning AVR has an equally beautiful setting. And that profile. Yummmmm. Your ring is a masterpiece. I am thrilled for you. Elegant and sophisticated. It definitely needs no band. Wear your gorgeous ring in good health and blingy joy.:love:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, you beat me to the reset! :lol: It looks wonderful in its forever home and even better on your hand. Your AV was always one of my favorites!!

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
What a stunner! Congratulations on this beautiful ring that will be treasured for generations.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost eight years ago in May 2013, I bought a beautiful 2.3 AV/OEC I VS1 and set it temporarily ( :lol: ) in my previous Vatche U-113 solitaire. I needed some time to get used to the size increase, and I began to deliberate over what I wanted for a permanent setting. Over the years I'd see things I really liked, but I had commitment phobia because I was determined to set this stone ONE time into a permanent, heirloom setting.

I have known Victor Canera for many years, from the first time his incredible work was posted on PS. He made a beautiful sapphire halo studs and a handmade pendant chain for me, and I told him one day we would make a ring! Several weeks ago, I was talking with Victor and told him I had decided 2021 was the year I planned to reset my diamond, and I wished he could set it. I know how busy he is and totally understand that he gives priority to stones he sells, but I figured there was nothing to lose by mentioning that. To my great surprise and delight, he said he would be happy to make my ring!!!! (Please note that Victor's policy is to look at each request that comes in, and depending on many factors, he may choose to accept or decline the request. Don't take it personally if he doesn't. Sometimes he cannot take outside stones because he is too busy and can only produce so many pieces in a year. I'd appreciate it if there is no further discussion about this in my thread!)

Sooo, at that moment I knew I suddenly had to narrow down my setting choices to just ONE!!! I love so many of Victor's settings that it was hard to choose! I asked my older daughter what styles she liked since this one goes to her eventually, and she loves cushion halos. That helped me a lot since I was only certain that it would not be a solitaire. In the end, I combined elements I loved from some of Victor's pieces into the ring you see below that came today after a brief 5 week wait! It was everything I could hope for, and far more beautiful than pictures can portray (especially any taken by me!!!). I am so thankful for the gift that Victor has in creating handforged jewelry and that I have future heirlooms made by him which will be in my family for generations!

I absolutely love my new ring!!!! Thank you, Victor!!!

Now for a few quick pictures that I took this afternoon! (Platinum, single cut melee, fleur de lis gallery, triwire shank, double cuffs, size 5.75, diamond size 8.4mm)

IMG-5536.jpg IMG-5538.jpg IMG-5539.jpg IMG-5546.jpg

OUTSTANDING!! It’s PERFECT!! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so happy for you that you finally decided on a setting for your diamond. I know you gave it much thought and the results prove it. It is beautiful and looks glorious on your hand!

Enjoy DS - much anticipated and richly deserved!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: S T U N N I N G!!!:appl: Everything about your ring is beautiful!!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring!! I bet it was a joy to create with your daughter! It’s gorgeous!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning in every way!!! I’m thrilled that you finally have your forever setting for your beautiful AVR. Such a treasure to have and pass on to your daughter one day. I hope you have many years of pleasure wearing it.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I forced myself to read the post slowly and save the pics for the end instead of rushing ahead like I usually do. So worth it!!!! Stunning!!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Just exquisite! And fleur de lis gallery is just perfection <3

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: And to think there was a time when you felt the 1.6 was too big!
Haha! Very true! Every upgrade I had second thoughts and considered selling or trading for a smaller size!

Beautiful ring DS!. Congrats to you and your daughter the future owner! :clap:
Thanks, DF!

Absolutely stunning! Victor did it again! What an amazing ring. You must be thrilled with the result after being so patient all these years. It’s truly an heirloom piece.
Thanks so much! It really is surprising how much difference the right setting can make!

Absolutely beautiful!! What a stunner. Wow
Thank you!

Oh my goodness WOW!!! What a journey this stone took to get to its perfectly-detailed forever home. I am in awe of the temporal depth this piece has — reaching back through time in your history with Victor Canera, to your acquisition of this stone, to your careful deliberation of its setting...then forward in time to ensure that this heirloom speaks to your older daughter who will incorporate it into her story. It is beautiful on so many levels, and like the best of jewels, touches the spirit. The daily joy it brings you now as you wear it will be absolutely treasured by your daughter!

Thank you for your thoughtful post! I think that's why my some of my pieces have more significance to me....the people behind the designs and craftsmanship make it all the more special, and in this case that applies to both the stone and setting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! Your VC setting is GORGEOUS! I love all the details! At first glance, I thought the side stones were pears. That is definitely a heirloom ring!!!
Aww, thanks! Those sides were a hard choice, but I thought the petals complimented the rounded corners of the halo. I was a little nervous about whether I made the right choice, but when I saw the ring, those pieces are just perfect!

Absolutely incredible! Your diamond is so beautiful in this gorgeous setting!
Thank you so much!

Tri-wire shank, petal shoulders, a Yoram-cut centre, how could this be anything other than exquisite! beautiful setting for a beautiful stone!
Thank you! Yes, Yoram did a beautiful job and the stone deserved a beautiful setting!

Congratulations!! This is an amazing setting for your beautiful stone! Victor is really an artist and this is no exception!!
Thanks so much! Victor is a wonderful artist!

It’s beautiful!! Congrats and pls post more pics so that we can enjoy her
Thank you! I will try to get more pictures today! A friend reminded me I need to change my profile picture, and I said I need to recreate the current one or no one will recognize me! :lol:

Congratulations on your forever setting! It looks refined and elegant from every angle. The shank is perfect - weighty enough to not need a band but it still sets perfectly with the other elements. Executed to perfection!
Thank you! I have loved Victor's triwire shank forever, and I just had to incorporate it into this ring!

Oh my goodness!!! What a beautiful ring!! Good things come to those who wait and this was definitely worth the wait. You and Victor clearly have a lovely working relationship, what a lucky lady you are! Just as an aside, if you feel that you need another (significantly older) daughter I am available for adoption! ;)2
Haha! I'll just have to buy more jewelry if I adopt more daughters! I do love working with Victor. We've kept in touch over the years just to say hello, and we were overdue for a project!

Oh my goodness, that is stunning. Congratulations.
Thank you!!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful! I love the triple wire band and the double loops separating the band from the head...are these called the cuffs?

It’s so pretty on your hand!

Has your daughter seen it yet? She’s going to love it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my word, this is EXQUISITE!

What a beautiful, beautiful work of art! Your patience & thought process has definitely paid off & this is definitely a forever, heirloom piece!

Congratulations, DS!
Thank you so much!!!

@diamondseeker2006 it was well worth the wait. Your stunning AVR has an equally beautiful setting. And that profile. Yummmmm. Your ring is a masterpiece. I am thrilled for you. Elegant and sophisticated. It definitely needs no band. Wear your gorgeous ring in good health and blingy joy.:love:
Thank you, Missy! I am so happy the diamond finally has a worthy setting!

Oh my goodness, you beat me to the reset! :lol: It looks wonderful in its forever home and even better on your hand. Your AV was always one of my favorites!!
Hahaha!!!! Indeed I did! Thank you! You know your OEC is one of my favorites, too!!

What a stunner! Congratulations on this beautiful ring that will be treasured for generations.
Thank you so much!

OUTSTANDING!! It’s PERFECT!! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Aww, thanks!!! So glad to see you back!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so happy for you that you finally decided on a setting for your diamond. I know you gave it much thought and the results prove it. It is beautiful and looks glorious on your hand!

Enjoy DS - much anticipated and richly deserved!
Thanks so much, MGR! I am slow, but I guess it makes me appreciate the final result!

:appl: S T U N N I N G!!!:appl: Everything about your ring is beautiful!!
Thank you!!!

Beautiful ring!! I bet it was a joy to create with your daughter! It’s gorgeous!
Thanks so much!! I can't wait to show it to her this evening!

Stunning in every way!!! I’m thrilled that you finally have your forever setting for your beautiful AVR. Such a treasure to have and pass on to your daughter one day. I hope you have many years of pleasure wearing it.
Thank you to my diamond and travel buddy!!! Your gorgeous Lillian setting is one of my favorites and definitely confirmed that the cushion halo was the right design!

I forced myself to read the post slowly and save the pics for the end instead of rushing ahead like I usually do. So worth it!!!! Stunning!!!
Thank you!!! I know it was long, but 8 years wait has a story behind it! lol!

Just exquisite! And fleur de lis gallery is just perfection <3
Ah, thank you! I was so uncertain about the gallery, because I knew an open one would give me more access to the diamond to clean it. But the fleur de lis has significance to me because I spent a summer in France when I was very young! So I was glad Victor decided to incorporate it!

So beautiful! I love the triple wire band and the double loops separating the band from the head...are these called the cuffs?

It’s so pretty on your hand!

Has your daughter seen it yet? She’s going to love it!

Thanks, Patty! The petals with diamonds are the parts attached to the halo, then the cuffs are the part that are between the petals and the triwire shank! It's one of our granddaughter's birthday today, so we are going over this evening to take her gifts. My daughter will see it then! I know she is going to love it! Oh, and by the way, I love the ring in your profile picture, and that is the one ring I'd really still love to make if I can ever find a nice sapphire pair!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful DS!!! Love it! Definitely worth the wait to get exactly what you wanted!! It's fabulous!

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
Ummm... WHAT???!!! Wow! It looks amazing! Congrats! Love it.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your new reset is absolutely gorgeous, @diamondseeker2006! You have patiently thought this through for such a long time and I am so thrilled that this journey culminated in an heirloom piece from Victor! His work truly is just breathtakingly beautiful! And I love all of the design elements that you chose - tri-wire shank (I am obsessed with Victor's tri-wires!), double cuffs, petal shoulders, and that incredible fleur-de-lis gallery! Your new ring is exquisite in every way and it showcases your beautiful stone perfectly. :love: Please feel free to indulge us with as many pictures as you'd like, as we will never tire of seeing this stunner!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Patty! The petals with diamonds are the parts attached to the halo, then the cuffs are the part that are between the petals and the triwire shank! It's one of our granddaughter's birthday today, so we are going over this evening to take her gifts. My daughter will see it then! I know she is going to love it! Oh, and by the way, I love the ring in your profile picture, and that is the one ring I'd really still love to make if I can ever find a nice sapphire pair!

I’ve always loved cuffs on rings but I didn’t know what they were called. They add such nice definition between the band and the petals...great choice!

Let us know what your daughter thinks. How fun it will be to show her the finished ring!

Thanks about my three-stone with the sapphires. It’s one ring that I still love after many years and have never wanted to change. I can’t say that about many things!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It’s so beautiful. I have long admired his pieces. Amazing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results