shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher studs-help with quality of these please!

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, I’ve always loved asschers and after scrolling through lots of different cuts I’ve decided I want to do asscher studs(my engagement ring is round so 1 is enough for me). Can you please tell me if these would make gorgeous studs? Or any similar tcw’s and budget (less $ is better) you recommend?
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...rat-g-color-vvs2-clarity-pair-9364696,9364697

Many thanks in advance!

K98

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I’ve always loved asschers and after scrolling through lots of different cuts I’ve decided I want to do asscher studs(my engagement ring is round so 1 is enough for me). Can you please tell me if these would make gorgeous studs? Or any similar tcw’s and budget (less $ is better) you recommend?
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...rat-g-color-vvs2-clarity-pair-9364696,9364697

Many thanks in advance!

I have some asscher studs and I definitely wouldn't compromise any on clarity to save money. I think you might be able to go down a color grade, but overall, I think these two look pretty good! I will warn you—they look amazing out of the ultrasonic, but hair product/skin oils can compromise them pretty quick because they sit against the ears (as opposed to in a ring or dangly earrings), and they won’t look quite as glittery when slightly dirty (unlike like a RB, which can tolerate more without compromising sparkle). Don’t let it stop you from getting what you want! They just need a little more cleaning/hands off care than other cuts used in studs, that’s all!

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
I have some asscher studs and I definitely wouldn't compromise any on clarity to save money. I think you might be able to go down a color grade, but overall, I think these two look pretty good! I will warn you—they look amazing out of the ultrasonic, but hair product/skin oils can compromise them pretty quick because they sit against the ears (as opposed to in a ring or dangly earrings), and they won’t look quite as glittery when slightly dirty (unlike like a RB, which can tolerate more without compromising sparkle). Don’t let it stop you from getting what you want! They just need a little more cleaning/hands off care than other cuts used in studs, that’s all!

Thank you so much for your advice! Would love to see a pic of yours on your ears for perspective. It’s harder to find photos of asscher studs since they’re not as common!

K98

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your advice! Would love to see a pic of yours on your ears for perspective. It’s harder to find photos of asscher studs since they’re not as common!
Surprisingly difficult to take a good picture when it’s ON my face, LOL! These are 3 ctw. If I had to do it over, I’d have them re-set in double claw prongs. These are from a chain store, and the prongs are really thin and delicate, which I was actually looking for at the time because I thought it would help showcase the asscher’s distinctive corner shape, but I keep seeing everyone’s double pronged asschers and wishing I had that instead!

7A61FB7E-F93C-4B0E-97DE-BEB4185CC0D4.jpeg

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Surprisingly difficult to take a good picture when it’s ON my face, LOL! These are 3 ctw. If I had to do it over, I’d have them re-set in double claw prongs. These are from a chain store, and the prongs are really thin and delicate, which I was actually looking for at the time because I thought it would help showcase the asscher’s distinctive corner shape, but I keep seeing everyone’s double pronged asschers and wishing I had that instead!

Those are beautiful!

OP, I am not an expert, but just wanted to say I love asschers. Happy shopping!

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock

Oh wow those are absolutely stunning!!! I may have to up my budget to get 3 tcw!
You’ve convinced me this is the right route for my dream studs journey! Thank you!!!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock

Damn!! That's killer! You have some earrings there.

Oh my, these are gorgeous! You’re making me lust after step cut earrings now (Asscher or emerald, I’m not fussy :D)

For the OP, I think you could go down in colour to H or I from G since these are in your ears (but it depends on how colour sensitive you are, I am not at all); and probably from VVS to VS1, I know step cuts need a higher clarity but I do think VVS is overkill, VS (esp VS1) is fine for earrings. But that’s just my view.

headlight

Ideal_Rock

This is PERFECTION! And don’t give another thought to the prongs - they are fabulous just as they are. LOVE!

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
BUMP!
I have 2 pairs as contenders from different companies and need your opinions! One pair is a 1.09 E VS1 paired with a 1.05 G VVS1(don’t know certification yet).
The 2nd pair is a 1.01 F VS2 with a 1.02 F VVS2 (GIA).
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 18D033F3-E5FA-4AB5-8893-FB452F977A1B.jpeg
    18D033F3-E5FA-4AB5-8893-FB452F977A1B.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 9983D8D6-18CF-49DE-A4A7-F2A12E12C76E.jpeg
    9983D8D6-18CF-49DE-A4A7-F2A12E12C76E.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 3D14336A-5785-4B70-BB4B-C8C1CF7D77CB.jpeg
    3D14336A-5785-4B70-BB4B-C8C1CF7D77CB.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 91173792-6DCA-4134-A68C-DDE41F18B7BE.jpeg
    91173792-6DCA-4134-A68C-DDE41F18B7BE.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 15

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
ASET FOR THE 1.05:
54F8306D-E3D2-4513-A4F8-B2FFF87EC2C6.jpeg

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
ASET FOR 1.09: A61415BF-006C-4C8E-AED6-FADED5973366.jpeg

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
BUMP! Need help please see my certificate and ASET posts above. Thanks!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Got my hand slapped again so cant be direct.
2nd one look at the odd windmills and center.
1st one on a video look at the center and compare to diamond overall.
Do they look like each other?
Do they dance in video?

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
Got my hand slapped again so cant be direct.
2nd one look at the odd windmills and center.
1st one on a video look at the center and compare to diamond overall.
Do they look like each other?
Do they dance in video?

Thanks for the help!
Yes I do see the odd windmills on the 2nd one. The videos are coming next week but in the meantime the supplier said the two stones with the Asets are “sisters” not “twins”.
Thoughts on the other pair (GIA certs) from the other supplier? This supplier does not offer Asets. Do you think I should only purchase if I have Asets?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
This supplier does not offer Asets. Do you think I should only purchase if I have Asets?
Good videos can work when ASET isn't available.
ASET just makes it easier by helping you get an idea of what to look for in video and can seperate out a really bad one.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
the supplier said the two stones with the Asets are “sisters” not “twins”.
Agree with that and its a good sign they said that.
They have any others that might pair up?
You have to be a bit flexible in color/clarity and size to get pairs that go well together.

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
Agree with that and its a good sign they said that.
They have any others that might pair up?
You have to be a bit flexible in color/clarity and size to get pairs that go well together.

I will inquire. Can you recommend any other sellers/suppliers that offer asets?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You definitely want windmills that meet in the center. That second stone would be a no for me (my ER is a 1.52 asscher).

This is kinda why I don’t have asscher earrings... it’s hard enough to find one good one. I would think it is a job to find two good ones.

You could contact David at Diamonds by Lauren and see if he can help.

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
You definitely want windmills that meet in the center. That second stone would be a no for me (my ER is a 1.52 asscher).

This is kinda why I don’t have asscher earrings... it’s hard enough to find one good one. I would think it is a job to find two good ones.

You could contact David at Diamonds by Lauren and see if he can help.
Thanks for your feedback!
I’m fine posting the James Allen option as I am doing my own work and not working with an associate.
This appears to be a decent pair but again, need advice!
With

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just from looking at the videos, they seem nice. Are you in the US where you can buy and send back if you don’t like?

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Per the videos I like the 1.01, it looks crisper. Are your ears absolutely identical? Mine aren't. Two lovely Asschers close in size and color!? Oh my, buy two that you can't decide which is lovelier.
I can't think if I ever looked at someone's diamond studs to see if they were identical.

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
Per the videos I like the 1.01, it looks crisper. Are your ears absolutely identical? Mine aren't. Two lovely Asschers close in size and color!? Oh my, buy two that you can't decide which is lovelier.
I can't think if I ever looked at someone's diamond studs to see if they were identical.

@Ibrakeforpossums good point!
So you’re saying the 2 James Allen stones are better together than the other pair not from James Allen?

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
BUMP.
Have a new pair I need your opinion on please! Both are GIA Ex Polish and Symmetry.
Thanks!
55729A78-7C06-446E-9890-88A6A83F9D96.jpeg

Attachments

• 4F106393-B540-45F4-9BA9-5C12ED241766.jpeg
    4F106393-B540-45F4-9BA9-5C12ED241766.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 9

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think green means leakage, so lots of leakage there??

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
@Karl_K
I need your wisdom!
See Asets above of a pair I hope is promising. Many thanks!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
vid? pics?
asets are not well taken.
green is low angle light or stone isnt placed right in scope.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results