shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Solitaire Pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Great new pics!!! Your asscher is simply mesmerizing and I love the sophisticated look of the satin finish!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your rings look freakin'' gorgeous! I loooooooooooooooooooooooove the satin finish.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

That being said, I had no idea there was a Rocky Talky Asscher Owners thread!
6.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
LOVE THE SATIN FINISH! LOVE IT! I cannot believe you got that done in a single day...it looks awesome!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 3:34:38 PM
Author: wallermama
Date: 5/11/2006 3:10:38 PM
Author: decodelighted
OOoooh I just can''t get enough of it. It''s still so sleek yet soft yet clean yet muted. I want to snuggle with it like a fuzzy kitten.
You''re just pent up because you haven''t had any hot asscher for several weeks...
2.gif

WHEN is it going to be ready, already????
Ain''t THAT the truth!!
3.gif
39.gif
All I know is moments after perusing your pix I was calling & emailing the jeweler to try & get my baby out of the Pokey. In fairness to them, they said it might be THREE WEEKS and I don''t think its been nearly that long yet. The widdle piece thing had to be sent away to be made in Platinum. Sigh.

I think you asked on another thread about the band --- can''t make up my mind and, honestly, considered using my e-ring as THE ring for our October wedding. I''ve been w/o it since MARCH already ... what''s another FIVE months??
23.gif
8.gif
39.gif
33.gif
20.gif
Oh man, I''d never make it. Would it be wrong to just take it off & put it back on again at the ceremony. I''m not really DYING for a band right now (& have such expensive tastes that I''d rather wait for something awesome five years from now -- can you say: fat asscher eternity band!) With platnium prices the way they are right now - even a plain engraved band thick enough to "stand up to" the ering will be 2K!

Whaddya think? (not to hijack -- probably should have figured out where you asked the question & replied there!
3.gif
12.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh wow. the satin finish makes such a huge difference. I loved your rings before but now they have risen to a whole new level. Just beautiful.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks sundial, lauren, matatora and mrssalvo! You''re making my day!

Deco, I think a solo ering at your wedding is a fine thing. It will give the ring you love even more meaning if it is given to you again at your wedding. I like the idea of you getting time to look, unpressured.

UNLESS...

Unless....once the wedding is over and real life starts again it will be difficult to justify a large purchase, either by you or him. Sometimes the momentum slows, you know?

I''m all about doing what is right for you and tossing away the thoughts of what "should" be.

I wish wish wish I could see your ring with a w-band, to see what it would be like...do you have ANY pics?

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
By the way, Deco, if any ring has the guts to be a stand-alone e-ring, it is your beauty!

jewelryjunkie

Rough_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
WOW! I love your wedding set with the satin finish! I''m suprised how a different finish can change a wedding set. Thanks for sharing your pics!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wallermama, I''m dying here. The rings look UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!! JEEEEEEZ!!!!!!!!! [swoooon]

The difference is just so tremendous. I loved your rings before, but your stone really pops now..."pops" isn''t even good enough -- "screams" is more like it!!! Wow. I''m in awe. I''ve loved satin finishes ever since my kids'' pediatrician got her w-ring set a few years ago: an emerald cut set very low in a contemporary looking satin-finish flat band about 3.5mm wide. I have always thought about how super-hip and contemporary, yet very elegant, it looks. Your ring is the asscher version of hers! I''m drooling and green with envy! Man!! Yours is now one of my top faves on the boards.

It''s so refreshing to see someone on PS whose ring has such a contemporary, clean look. And by the way, a size 6 finger is NOT in any way, shape, or form, big!!! I may have skinny fingers but they''re REALLY short, so they actually don''t look thin in real life. Theyjust look ordinary. I''m loving your long, slim hands, and your ultra-cool wedding rings really complement them! And I''m glad your prongs are no longer lethal weapons...I get nervous about scracthing my kids too.

Union St. Goldsmith is AWESOME. I go in there about once a month just to ogle. Aren''t their treated colored diamonds just gorgeous?? I love all of their clean, contemporary designs. And their yellow and rose gold is to die for. They were the ones who tightened my prongs and cleaned my rings and they are always so nice. (prices are a little high though) If we ever have an SF PSer get-together, Union Street is where it''s gotta be at! (that or Union Square, heehee)

Congrats on your kick-@ss madeover rings!!! LOVE THEM!!!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/12/2006 12:32:50 AM
Author: KristyDarling

Union St. Goldsmith is AWESOME. I go in there about once a month just to ogle. Aren''t their treated colored diamonds just gorgeous?? I love all of their clean, contemporary designs. And their yellow and rose gold is to die for. They were the ones who tightened my prongs and cleaned my rings and they are always so nice. (prices are a little high though) If we ever have an SF PSer get-together, Union Street is where it''s gotta be at! (that or Union Square, heehee)

I had so much fun looking at, and of course trying on, their stuff. But here is an example of their outrageous pricing...I really really liked this simple platinum flat band with tiny channel set diamonds..... .30tcw for a size 6 3/4 sample ring. Very tiny. But I loved it and its subtle sparkle. The cost was (gulp) $2300. But she suggested that I could have them channel set the diamonds into my existing band, to save the sky high cost of platinum. Great idea! What''s the cost? $1575 for the diamonds and setting only.

Wow.

My first quote on the same band custom made from scratch (new platinum, so I can keep my plain band)? $1400. And then a reduction on top of that. So much less for the WHOLE band than the cost of adding diamonds to my band though USG. Wow.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2006 2:40:29 PM
Author: wallermama

I had so much fun looking at, and of course trying on, their stuff. But here is an example of their outrageous pricing...I really really liked this simple platinum flat band with tiny channel set diamonds..... .30tcw for a size 6 3/4 sample ring. Very tiny. But I loved it and its subtle sparkle. The cost was (gulp) $2300. But she suggested that I could have them channel set the diamonds into my existing band, to save the sky high cost of platinum. Great idea! What''s the cost? $1575 for the diamonds and setting only.

Wow.

My first quote on the same band custom made from scratch (new platinum, so I can keep my plain band)? $1400. And then a reduction on top of that. So much less for the WHOLE band than the cost of adding diamonds to my band though USG. Wow.
Wow is right. They are ridiculously astronomical. I guess their service and friendly smiles are what you''re basically paying for. Eeeehhhh, I''m pretty sure that''s not worth it in most cases. Maybe they''re worried about paying their Union Street rent!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results