shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Solitaire Pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! A dinner plate background!

plateshot.JPG

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
side view...

sideasscher.JPG

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
blurry, but love them asschers....

blurryasscher.JPG

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
another blurry shot...

blurryasscher2.JPG

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I spy an asscher in a bag of stainles steel balls...

asscherballs.JPG

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
A literal WhiteFlash!

whiteasscher.JPG

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
And this is the person you can thank for ending the onslaught of asscher pics...woke up from her nap and made mommy stop snapping pics!

cagedbird.JPG

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Aww. Looks like she''s got her eyes on you asscher. Better watch out.
2.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Other than the fact that the prong once scratched her and made her bleed, she loves to fondle this asscher. Getting her hooked young. As opposed to my seven year old, who just noticed it for the first time yesterday! What a boy.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the pics, and think your daughter is adorable!!!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Kaleigh! She turned one on friday and I cried like a goofball. My last baby!

She arrived after 21 minutes of labor, in my living room. What a strange night it was....her birthday brought up a lot of memories!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
[sigh] I love me a good asscher.

Awesome pics! May I order the one on the dinner plate?
2.gif
Soooo tasty. And I''m still lovin'' the flat bands on both rings. VERY cool and hip, and they go great with that "kicken" stone!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
that''s funny kristy...I have a thing for jumbo rounds flanked with tasty pears. Yummmy yum yum! Give me a plate of those!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2006 5:36:06 PM
Author: wallermama
Thanks, Kaleigh! She turned one on friday and I cried like a goofball. My last baby!

She arrived after 21 minutes of labor, in my living room. What a strange night it was....her birthday brought up a lot of memories!
WOW!!!!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah...we called her the Bungee Baby because she literally fell out onto the living room carpet after one crazy contraction. I was still wearing my terry robe with the belt tied. My husband said it was like a magic trick with a white rabbit.

I know I know...too much info.
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Ha! WallerMama, you are too funny!

I love this shot! I think you ought to make it your new avatar, it is sort of artsy.

1wallermamaavssbasscher.JPG

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Moly! She fell out?! Onto the carpet?!
That sounds like a story!

Your littleone year old is adorable!!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
dbgaap....yes, quite a story! But three hours after she was born the midwife was gone, and my husband and I were alone snuggled in our own bed with our new little baby, the other two kids back asleep after having been woken to meet the new baby....it was sublime
30.gif

So, I have to say I am in a dilemma with my setting. I have now made my baby bleed once, scratched her numerous other times, made my 4 year old cry, and I have a three inch long boo boo from scratching the crap out of my arm.

Has anyone had experience with modifying prongs for this reason? I''m not sure what to do
7.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Wallermama your daughter is beautiful
1.gif
I love your asscher and setting too ofcourse. What kind of camera? It takes great pictures. I have a new camera as well I just have been lazy...I need to get on taking some more pictures though. I need a new avatar. The salt picture was very creative, and I like the one in the metal balls too!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
21 minutes of labor and she just FELL out onto the living room floor??? You are my hero!!! Your daughter is lovely. Mine is almost 16 months now and I dread every day that she's getting older/bigger!

So, scratchy prongs eh? Can your jeweler file them down somehow? I have no idea if that's even possible, just saying what comes to mind!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Small, it is an over-the-top camera. That''s my husband for you. I said, I want a small camera to carry around (his digital SLR is several thousand dollars if you count the body lenses, remote flash etc and it is too much for the diaper bag!) This one is a Leica delux-2 or something like that. Basically, a great normal camera with a big name and a big pricetag
2.gif

Kristydarling, I was not a hero, just a very shocked gal whose first thought (no kidding) was, "Why is there a baby on my floor?" before I realized what had happened.

Thought I should post my pics of the new work I had done to these rings...I posted some in the rockytalky asscher owners thread but thought it belonged here too! The prongs were desperately sharp so they were softened, the shank edges softened, and due to Decodelighted''s fabulous advice for the set, I went satin finish to make the stone "pop". Kudos to Union Street Goldsmith in SF for doing this with same day service!

satin3.jpg

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
And another...

satin4.JPG

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...comparing these new photos to the old ones in this thread make me love this new satin finish EVEN MORE!

Decodelighted, you are the best for making that suggestion....
36.gif

Veronika

Shiny_Rock
I love the satin finish... it looks really cool and modern. It must really make the diamond stand out as well... what a beautiful ring... congratulations

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely love the satin finish on the rings, it really does make the asscher the center of attention even MORE - the stone just pops now!!!!
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i love love love it!! i sure hope you can take/post more pics
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 10:59:20 AM
Author: wallermama
Decodelighted, you are the best for making that suggestion....
36.gif
Aw shucks, Wallermama -- I wouldn't have thought of "satin finish" if you hadn't so clearly diagnosed your "issue" with the shiny band competing with the Asscher yourself!! That's why these threads can be SO SO HELPFUL. I especially love the Asscher thread you started to help people "in the market" prepare themselves for HOW different these little buggers are once you get 'em home!!

When I look at the new finish today I can't help but think "that stone is BIGGER"!!! Probably 'cause you can see the outline of the edge of the stone more now -- where it did just blend in Mercury pooling style (at least in PICTURES) w/the high polished super flat mirror reflective setting.

MORE PIX, MORE PIX -- I love how the color of the stone shows in your avatar pix ... ya have to keep takin' snaps 'til you capture THAT again
31.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
MORE PIX, MORE PIX -- I love how the color of the stone shows in your avatar pix ... ya have to keep takin'' snaps ''til you capture THAT again
31.gif

Ask, and you shall receive! And then some!

Here''s my blue shirt...

blueshirtasscher.JPG

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
steps....

whitesteps.JPG

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
you can see the clarity of an asscher cut....see the wood? straight through it?

clearwood.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results