shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher semi mount

Angelwk

Shiny_Rock
Hey ladies
So I got a really deal from Jeff white for one of his insanely cut asscher stones. Tyr first time I saw his asscher cut I was literally stunned. It's so beautiful and well done. My husband is suppose to get it for for my bday but who knows what he has in store. Our marriage isn't going . . So well lol.
Anyway I'm looking for just a cheap mount for the asscher stone and I can't find it anywhere! They're all like over a thousand dollars... Am I looking in the wrong place? Can someone plz help me in the right direction please.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear things are rough now.

What are the dimensions including depth?

Angelwk

Shiny_Rock
He told me. It's 6"32mm

Thanks dear. I duno. It just seems like nothing ever works. And like he makes me feel like I do everything wrong..so ya it sucks. But oh well

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might be being dense today, but what do you mean by 'semi mount'?

Is that like a tension setting?

I think a tension setting would be cool, either way ;))

http://www.boonerings.com/stone.htm

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Could you elaborate on what type of setting you're looking for? As with your sapphire ring search, there are a lot of different styles under any given name. I wonder if Ivy and Rose whom @Bron357 contacted on your behalf might have something like what you are looking for.

Angelwk

Shiny_Rock
Yeah this is a diff one that @Bron357 is working on for me. Jeff showed me and it was soooo cheap. I couldn't resist. I suggested for my husband to get it for me for my bday but apparently that's a big no no.
Guys. It's under 200$ lol You know what I did for his bday??! Bought him shoes I couldn't even afford. And hunted down the old school Playstation he wanted Oh and got him the cutest dinosaur cufflinks And he.cant handle me just giving him jeffs contact. Ugh I told Jeff even if he doesn't contact him I'm buying it anyway myself Sorry guys I'm just pissed off so. I'm ranting lol.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could you elaborate on what type of setting you're looking for? As with your sapphire ring search, there are a lot of different styles under any given name. I wonder if Ivy and Rose whom @Bron357 contacted on your behalf might have something like what you are looking for.

You could also go on Etsy or loupetroop to see what is available.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yeah this is a diff one that @Bron357 is working on for me. Jeff showed me and it was soooo cheap. I couldn't resist. I suggested for my husband to get it for me for my bday but apparently that's a big no no.
Guys. It's under 200$ lol You know what I did for his bday??! Bought him shoes I couldn't even afford. And hunted down the old school Playstation he wanted Oh and got him the cutest dinosaur cufflinks And he.cant handle me just giving him jeffs contact. Ugh I told Jeff even if he doesn't contact him I'm buying it anyway myself Sorry guys I'm just pissed off so. I'm ranting lol.

I am so sorry that your husband was not receptive of the stone idea...maybe he's already bought your gift?

I meant what you could do is contact Ivy and Rose about a semi mount setting. If this is a pretty standard sized stone, they do very pretty stock semi mounts.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
stuller.com

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Angelwk -- forgot to say in my preceding post that Jeff White might be willing to place an order with Stuller, and set the Asscher-cut himself after he receives the mounting from Stuller.

Although I much prefer such "one-stop shopping" whenever possible, any local jewelry shop should be able to order from Stuller. But better to do the ordering through a shop that has a good "bench" that's used to setting colored gems.

P.S. Do you mean a ring with diamond/other gem side stones, halo and/or paved shank, but does not yet have a center stone? That's the traditional definition of a semi-mount or semi-mounting, but going with a plain mounting is more budget-friendly : - )

Angelwk

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ladies for all your suggestions!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I set my diamond asscher in a 4 prong solitaire and wore it like that for 4 years until I figured out what I wanted to do. That would be the most inexpensive idea...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He told me. It's 6"32mm

Thanks dear. I duno. It just seems like nothing ever works. And like he makes me feel like I do everything wrong..so ya it sucks. But oh well
Your husband is buying you a 1.50ct Asscher when things aren't working out in your marriage? ...Imagine when things work out for the better? a 4ct? :bigsmile:

Angelwk

Shiny_Rock
Your husband is buying you a 1.50ct Asscher when things aren't working out in your marriage? ...Imagine when things work out for the better? a 4ct? :bigsmile:

i know right. but it's lab and small so it was like 100$ still cute though

Angelwk

Shiny_Rock
no no angel thats too mean. i let it go

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Again. You are aware that this is a public forum? It would be wise to keep personal affairs personal unless you want them broadcast to all and sundry (including your loved ones).

Take @MollyMalone’s suggestion and ask if Jeff would be willing to order the mount from Stuller and set the stone for you.

Stop airing dirty laundry on PS and stop buying things you can’t afford - that the intended recipient is not yourself does not somehow transform poor judgment into something laudable.

Angelwk

Shiny_Rock
Again. You are aware that this is a public forum? It would be wise to keep personal affairs personal unless you want them broadcast to all and sundry (including your loved ones).

Take @MollyMalone’s suggestion and ask if Jeff would be willing to order the mount from Stuller and set the stone for you.

Stop airing dirty laundry on PS and stop buying things you can’t afford - that the intended recipient is not yourself does not somehow transform poor judgment into something laudable.
]

yeah thats why i deleted it. thanks for your help and advice

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can we get this thread closed as well? No need to continue with dramatics on any of the PS forums.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ Check the colored stones subforum, DF!

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Read the other thread. Solid 5/7 would read again. Was away from PS for a good number of months. Came for the De Beers analysis. Stayed for the Drama. #DOTM.

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So, should I start popping the corn or no? :whistle:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll pop a bottle of champagne after my donations hits $10K.

dom-perignon-2004-rose-768x1024.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results