shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher MILGRAIN band! Thanks Quest!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock

My wedding ring is 12 asschers (.5 cttw) channel-set in a platinum band from Blue Nile. I felt that it needed some more "oomph." I looked at turning it into an eternity, but it was going to cost more than I wanted to spend, since I just got a new round shared-prong eternity band.

So instead, I spoke to the guys at Quest Jewelers in VA, and they did an incredible job adding milgrain to my original band. My inspiration was Tacori E-Ring''s beautiful milgrain channel-set princess eternity band - I had never seen a channel set band with milgrain until I saw hers, and I loved it.

Quest did a great job, and I got the ring back 3 days after I dropped it off. I can''t believe how sparkly it makes the ring look! I felt that the step-cut stones looked a little flat before, but now they are so sparkly and bright! I am now a milgrain convert. I love it!

Here is a pic of the ring with it''s fancy new milgran edge:

band007mill1.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That looks fabulous Vesper - absolutely beautiful!!
30.gif
30.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of what the band looked like before with no milgrain:

oldband1.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of the new milgrain band with my ering. I haven''t taken pics yet, but it also looks great stacked with my bead-set eternity stacking rings. I just love the new look!

band 014newboth.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Yay! What a sweet added touch! It''s lovely and adds a nice bit of interest!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am honored to be your inspiration and it is NO surprise that I LOVE it! Yay for converting. I puffy heart milgrain
30.gif

ETA: I am excited to know milgrain can easily be added. I have gotten mixed answers when I have asked in the past.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Love it!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I really like how your ring looks now, My wedding band and ering have milgrain, and I love it,
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I love it. The milgrain definitely added that little extra bit of oomph. beautiful!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Yep! It certainly does give it that "something special".
30.gif

Love it!!!!
36.gif

*´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•''Cachette
1.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2009 2:58:20 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I am honored to be your inspiration and it is NO surprise that I LOVE it! Yay for converting. I puffy heart milgrain
30.gif

ETA: I am excited to know milgrain can easily be added. I have gotten mixed answers when I have asked in the past.
I knew you would like it!
emteeth.gif
The guys at Quest did it quickly and easily, and honestly it looks more perfect & polished than it did before - I was afraid that it would look like "it had work done," but it doesn''t at all. It actually looks like a higher quality ring, now, in my opinion, like the Tacori.

It was also VERY affordable. I would definitely recommend Quest to anyone looking to do some custom work.

I actually still need to get the head fixed on my Veraggio engagement ring. Every other jeweler that I spoke to told me that they would need to completely remake the ring, or that I should just send it back to Veraggio. However, the guys at Quest told me that they can fix my crooked prongs for a reasonable rate (not dirt cheap though). I will probably contact my original vendor to get a quote back from Veraggio just as a comparison, but if Quest is cheaper, I am pretty confident that I will go with them. I think that their work is impeccable, and I love how fast they are. I was told that if I send my ring to Veraggio, it could take a month to get it back. Quest said they could do the work in 4 days.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! It seems to put the emphasis on the diamonds. You no longer get the distraction of the metal. Very nice!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous! I love how a little detail like that can totally change the "look" of a set - very classic, very elegant!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hi vespergirl! I love the milgraining, and I''m a big fan of Quest. Your ring looked beautiful before, but it''s even better now! By the way, there''s another gem show coming up soon - same place as before, Dulles Expo Ctr. You going?

tigian

Ideal_Rock
It''s so great that you were able to get the sparkle that you wanted with minimal cost. It''s gorgeous! I love the milgrain detailing!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2009 3:20:50 PM
Author: cellentani
Hi vespergirl! I love the milgraining, and I''m a big fan of Quest. Your ring looked beautiful before, but it''s even better now! By the way, there''s another gem show coming up soon - same place as before, Dulles Expo Ctr. You going?
Hey there, I didn''t know about it! I am so tempted to go (I would love to get a beautiful sapphire someday - that''s my next RHR project) but with my new anniversary band that Whiteflash made for me, I''m all out of "jewelry credits" from my husband for at least the next year
emembarrassed.gif
I may need to abstain, because you know how it is with us PSers - it''s hard to control ourselves around all that bling. Let us know if you go, and post pics of any goodies you get like you did last time!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! Your ering is stunning btw!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
that looks gorgeous, that subtle change adds alot of pow

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Could you post a close up picture? Good to know the Expo is coming up! That''s just down the street from me and I always miss it every year
7.gif

LOVELY band!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They did a beautiful job, I am so happy that you are pleased!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Loving the milgrain! I am so glad you are happy with it :)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I love it! A subtle, yet lovely change!
30.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
That''s gorgeous, Vesper!!! I love it!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a beautiful added touch to your set. it''s Gorgeous before, stunning now
30.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nice detail!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love milgraining and I think it really made your ring pop!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow it does add a little something, something to it, I really like, you have such beautiful rings
36.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am actually shocked at what an overall difference such a minor change makes - the entire look of that band is different, and so beautiful!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dig it. It did wonders for your ring, which I liked already!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! It looks fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results