shape
carat
color
clarity

asscher cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bcnewguy

Rough_Rock
I am looking at purchasing an "Asscher" cut diamond that is 1.79 ct, G, VVS1 but the depth is only 54%. The stone looks great compared to other I have looked at but is this a deal killer?

Rook

Shiny_Rock
If you have seen the stone yourself and like it better than the others, it is hard to tell you otherwise. BUT, that is quite a flat diamond. Which could mean either it has a very thin crown, which could potentially crack or cause problems later. Or, the pavillion is very shallow which would cause the diamond to be lifeless and not very firey or brilliant.

Look it over closely and compare to others you know to be goods stones. Then search on for simular diamonds to get an idea of price.

If you like it and can't find any fatal flaws then, to each his own.

P.S. May want to have a professional appraiser view it so then can determine if it has any fatal flaws. I am sure your dealer would be fine with that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results