shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher cut suggestion

Und

Rough_Rock
Yep Mark is the vendor. He's been very supportive and helpful.

Shortlist now:
* Mark's rec F VVS2 1.203 XXX - ASET looks positive. Could be more alive in the middle
* JA F1.2 VS 1
* Budget stretch VC 1.5GVVS 2
* Budget stretch even VC 1.5 F VVS1

I'm going to make a decision today on this.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not the BEST reference chart, but you can get an idea of what you’re looking for.

10ADD328-928C-41C4-9307-11C9ACCB3BBC.png

Reactions: Und

Und

Rough_Rock
Thanks Matthews!!!! Maybe I am biased, I am thinking it closer to the third row rather than the middle row

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Matthews!!!! Maybe I am biased, I am thinking it closer to the third row rather than the middle row

It’s a mix. I just wish there was more red across the center of the stone. It would be perfect!
It’s still a good ASET image. Very promising.
If you can get more info on the VC 1.5GVS, and it ticks all the boxes, THAT would be perfect!! VC is amazing.

Und

Rough_Rock
Thank you Matthews!! I feel like I should send you a bottle of champagne when Mahima says yes!!!!! Mark's sick, I'll call him tomorrow and seal the deal!!!

I think I've ruled out the 1.5cts, given the COVID climate. Best to moderate and save money (and 1.2ct isn't small is it).

VC did show me another diamond a 1.25ct G IF, 1:1 proportion and the video maybe seems like it has better contrast. @Matthews1127 I would love one final opinion

1.25ct G IF Asscher cut diamond (GIA certified)

Cut: Excellent

Polish: Excellent

Symmetry: Excellent
Ratio: 1.00

You can view the diamond via this link: https://dna.stonehdfile.com/ViewHD.html?d=220607984#View360

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Matthews!! I feel like I should send you a bottle of champagne when Mahima says yes!!!!! Mark's sick, I'll call him tomorrow and seal the deal!!!

I think I've ruled out the 1.5cts, given the COVID climate. Best to moderate and save money (and 1.2ct isn't small is it).

VC did show me another diamond a 1.25ct G IF, 1:1 proportion and the video maybe seems like it has better contrast. @Matthews1127 I would love one final opinion

You can view the diamond via this link: https://dna.stonehdfile.com/ViewHD.html?d=220607984#View360

It’s lovely from the video!
Hope it’s just as lovely, IRL!
Please keep us posted!
1.25ct is a great size!

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock

I actually prefer this 1.25 to the others posted.

Und

Rough_Rock
Will definitely keep you posted :)

Thank you so much. I'm flipping between the 1.25 and 1.2. No ASET available for the 1.25 the video seems so much better

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Will definitely keep you posted :)

Thank you so much. I'm flipping between the 1.25 and 1.2. No ASET available for the 1.25 the video seems so much better

Persuant to your other thread, have you talked to Victor about making a ring for this stone? As I note the comments from the other vendor about trapezoid sides, and I would argue that Victor's known work product on such items would be worth the savings you'd get on getting a setting from him with your diamond.

Und

Rough_Rock
I hadn't thought of that to be honest! I was thinking a local jeweler would be easier if the ring size wasn't 100%, needed to be tightened etc.

I didn't give too much thought about the trapezoid sides. I assumed it was common proportions and any jeweler would find the right size to accompany it

That's a really good idea, I will email him

Last edited:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hadn't thought of that to be honest! I was thinking a local jeweler would be easier if the ring size wasn't 100%, needed to be tightened etc.

I didn't give too much thought about the trapezoid sides. I assumed it was common proportions and any jeweler would find the right size to accompany it

That's a really good idea, I will email him

YES!!!!
He is a true artist!!

Und

Rough_Rock
I got off a video call with Victor while he was on holiday. Seems like a very nice chap! I've asked him for a quote and told him he was a very good reputation on PS!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results