shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher cut, questions on stone and setting options

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. Really beautiful. And definitely "IT"!

ndtyler333

Rough_Rock
I am still waiting on the ring. It will be at least a few weeks before I hear anything. I wanted to post a video I took of the stone before it was sent to the company making the ring. There is a window to my back on a cloudy day. My camera doesn't do macro video very well, but it a good job showing the contrast and light return as the stone moves around.

I have never seen a diamond like this one before, very cool. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di-IqoEpqv8

I am very excited to see how the finished ring turns out....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Can't wait to see the completed ring!

ndtyler333

Rough_Rock
Re: The Ring is Done

The ring is done!!!!

I took a trellis solitare with surpise diamonds and had them add the pave set stons on the shank. My local jewler had the plain ring in yellow gold in stock and I liked the proportions. The addition of the points on the shank is just awesome. The shank has a nice taper to it and ends in a cathederal style near the stone. I am happy with the hieght they set the stone. The ring is made of 14k white gold and there are .30 points total set on the shank.

r1_0.jpg

r7.jpg

r6.jpg

r2_0.jpg

r3.jpg

r4.jpg

I have to thank everyone who helped me through this, I could not have come up with this ring on my own. :bigsmile:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEAUTIFUL! The ring turned out so gorgeous - great top-down view, love the graceful, curvy lines of the profile, and the surprise diamonds totally work - really the perfect setting for your Asscher.

Have you proposed already or is that coming up soon? And do please come back with hand shots - would love to see more of this ring!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gah! Sorry so late to this thread. GORGEOUS!!! Yes ... this is one of those diamonds that had to be seen to be appreciated! When I picked that one up I knew an Asscher love would really appreciate it and glad you got it. The final product is magnificent and I'm sure she'll be head over heals. Thanks for allowing us to serve nd.

Happy Holidays,
Rhino & the Crew

ndtyler333

Rough_Rock
No Jonathan I have to thank you, your website is fantastic. I am a research scientist so I just ate up the data you posted on your diamonds. The gemadavisor files are fascinating to play around with. I enjoyed browising your videos and learned a lot. The video's are superb, the diamond has the same personality in the video as it does in real life. Your lighting is also quite modest because in real life the diamond is much brighter. You made the purchase a very easy one. I will gladly reccomend GOG to anyone looking for fine jewelry.

I have not proposed yet, but I will soon. I will get a few shots of the ring on her hand. I know she would say yes even if a put a twist tie on her finger, but she deserves nothing but the best I can do for her. I am very happy to have a remarkable ring for the occasion.

Again I can't thank the members of PS enough for thier help.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Awesome. I love meeting like minded people nd and your words mean a lot to me as a fellow researcher. If you're ever in my neck of the woods it would be a pleasure to meet you and your lady.

Warm regards,
Jonathan

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it is absolutely gorgeous!!! :love: After you propose, come back and post a new thread on Show Me the Bling so more people will see your pictures!

ndtyler333

Rough_Rock
Will do. I have about a week, so I am glad I started this process when I did.

I am actually getting kind of nervous now...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results