shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher collection, feat. my Precision Gem Grossular Garnet!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
With my wihte gold wedding band.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Profile.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Face on.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Outside in comparison to my e-ring.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now for some yellow "gold".

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
In front of a real yellow gold band I have.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
By itself.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
By itself on my hand. Yeah, I''m really thinking yellow gold is a good combo. Thoughts?

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sparkly.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last one!

original.aspx

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone LTP! I love it
30.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GREAT new stone. It looks like it will be a real sparkler! Lovely lovely lovely collection you have. Congrats!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I might be the minority but I think I perfer the WG. To me it just makes the gem stand out more vs. blending in with the ring setting- but just my .02

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WHEE.....THANK YOU LAUREN!!!! I love seeing your asscher collection!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Lori

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone Lauren. Will you be sending it to the same person that set your scap?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for your kind words, ILuvCarats, Stone Hunter, Lori, Sarah, and Gailey!

Sarah - thanks for chiming in. My Scapolite is a very similar colour, and set in a white gold bezel. Does knowing I already have a yellow asscher in a white gold bezel change anything for you?

Gailey - I probably will take it to my local jeweler. He nailed the Scapolite setting, and I really foresee a very similar setting in 18k or 14k yellow gold. What do you think?

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Hey lauren..i may have missed this thread..what an excellent stone..I like seeing what new type of stone gets added to the asscher collection..I wonder what the next one will be..your picture taking is very good..hmmm..NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yellow gold! When you posted those pics in the gold holder suddenly the stone went POP! I love it!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We''ll be crack sisters then as I have the same addiction.
So far I have my diamond, my aqua from Gary, just got a peridot from Jeff White and am working on a garnet now and then an amethyst.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi AmethystGuy - thank you so much for your comments! I have no idea what I''ll be adding next. Gene just emailed me a pic of this one in the middle of the day, and I decided to snap it up before anyone else could.
1.gif
I''d love to have a peridot like Autumngems new Jeff White - holy moly that colour is stunning!

Dreamer_Dachsie - I''m leaning that way, too. I wish I had a less greenish coloure stone holder.
9.gif
Thank you!

Autumngems - LOL @ crack sisters! I would love, love, LOVE to see pics of all of your Asschers together. I don''t think I''ve ever seen your diamond . . . I''d love to see your collection, because your plans sound a bit like mine.
1.gif
What kind of garnet are you looking for, oh and as far as amethyst goes, I know Peter had quite a bit of rough recently - both the nicer 4 peaks rough and the less saturated colour like I have. He cut a really nice saturated one for me, but I felt it competed too much with the really nice 4 Peaks cushion I have from Barry, and went lighter on the Asscher.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe, kind of a threadjack, but I saw this ring and thought of you LTP

It''s a 2.35 ct asscher eternity ring, split bezel set, and "only" about 7k, haha. It would look lovely with your collection though!

mepachereternity.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m voting YELLOW gold because it looks sharp in the gold colored ring holder, and you already have a white gold Asscher setting with the Scap.

Again, the stone is just lovely.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely yellow. The white metal brought out a strange browish gray undertone on my monitor.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 4:25:41 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Hehe, kind of a threadjack, but I saw this ring and thought of you LTP

It''s a 2.35 ct asscher eternity ring, split bezel set, and ''only'' about 7k, haha. It would look lovely with your collection though!
MTG, you''re killing me, girl! Where did you find this?!?!?!

And LOL @ ONLY $7k.
9.gif

Stone Hunter and Chrono - I agree. White didn''t do anything for it, IMO - in person nor in pics.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
As requested, here I am.

LTP I''ll have to be honest and admit some of my sins. I saw this thread when you started posting pics and didn''t particularly like what I see, so I chose not to say anything. It could be because I expected to see something completely different, or because I was too distracted by some other stones in those photos, but I just didn''t think this grossular was anything special, as it had that light yellow with a bit of brown, which is not considered some typical top color by PS standards. But now that you called my attention to this thread and once I took another look on the stone, I have to say I finally see potential in it, and quite a lot of potential I see. In fact, my creativity bulb just lit up while browsing photos minutes ago, and now I''m ready to actually do some help...at least let''s hope so...

I''m not sure if you''ll agree with me on this one, but what the heck. I wouldn''t try to downplay the brownish tint, but actually use it as an advantage. I don''t know if any brown is obvious in real life, but color of this stone looks to me like many of those champagne diamonds that can look really lovely, especially once set. And an asscher cut certainly helps in that department, cause it gives it an even more diamond-like appearance. So I''d use the elegance of a step cut, similarity to diamonds and luxurious sense of a champagne(ish) color, to make this a stunning formal occasion piece. Actually, it can be made into something very close to things you see worn at Oscar''s. All it needs is to be set into yellow gold and carefully accented with some white diamods. I''d only watch it that there''s not too much metal right around/next to the stone (like a wide bezel or something), as that might "drown" the grossular, and also pay attention to the shade of yellow gold used. I''d try to find a light, but warm shade of yellow gold (18k would be best), something in THIS family, so rich and warm, but not too vibrant - to keep it elegant. As to the diamonds, I usually don''t recommend brilliants with any kind of step cuts, but this might be an exception to the rule. Reason; snowy white, cool color of brilliants (which is much more obviously white than that of step cut diamonds due to a better light return) would really make the color of grossular seem much more "clean" and champagne-like, than if you''d go for something without diamonds i.e. plain yellow gold. I''d put the diamonds somewhere on the shank as I''m not a big fan of halos around step cuts.

Other than that, if you take it to the same jeweller who did the scap ring, I think you''re pretty safe to end up with a stunner
2.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
LTP, your newest addition is so pretty!! I never get tired of looking at all your stones. SWOOOON!!!
face23.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
On THIS page you can see my main inspiration for everything written. OK, this honker is 20+cts, but I was thinking more about the color combos and general look of the piece. Of course yours is a different cut and would be set differently, but you can still go for a pretty similar style and colors.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Oooo lovely addition to your collection! I see it bezeled in 18kt YG with a WG shank, I think the two tone would really make it pop!!! I actually see the shank having a pair of tapered baguettes, bar set.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LTP,
My diamond is set in a ring so I will try to get some pics of that. I am working on getting a Malaya Garnet now (nice deep red). After that I have some Jackson Crossroads rough amethyst that I want to cut an asscher with.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results