shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher candidate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Asschman

Rough_Rock
Just got in the Idealscope image and sarin report on the asscher stone I am considering, and would like any and all feedback. I am still waiting for the 40x photo of the stone itself, but I am feeling pretty good about this stone.

Is it just me, though, or does the IS picture strongly resemble the German Iron Cross?

Thanks

Asschman

Asscher IS.jpg

Asschman

Rough_Rock
And the sarin

Asschman

Asscher sarin.gif

Asschman

Rough_Rock
And finally, the photo of the diamond itself. I am pretty sure the extra facet is noticeable, but maybe I have been staring at the screen too long. Anyways, your thoughts are all welcome.

Asscher photo.jpg

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Your Iron Cross is the Wind Mill pattern. One of the few things I know about Asschers.

Mara started a thread in the FAQ''s Forum about Asschers. You might want to look at the info there.

This one is awefully perty to my uneducated eyes.
1.gif

Asschman

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/9/2005 5:15:43 PM
Author: pqcollectibles
Your Iron Cross is the Wind Mill pattern. One of the few things I know about Asschers.

Mara started a thread in the FAQ''s Forum about Asschers. You might want to look at the info there.

This one is awefully perty to my uneducated eyes.
1.gif

Thanks for your thoughts. I forgot to include that it is an E, VS2.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Both the IS and the real picture look pretty nice.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
oooooo, preeeetty! I''ve really been getting into asschers lately. Don''t really know much about them yet, but that one is very nice-looking. You say its a VS2, whereabout is the inclusion?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love asschers and am trying to learn as much as I can about them. Looks like a beautiful stone, hope it's as pretty in person. Good luck!!
1.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks lovely! I really like the deeper cut corners. Similar shape to mine, and your IS looks very nice.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
the stone looks stunning---------dont mind the extra facet. mine has it and i couldnt care less as i have the best cut stone i could find

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
IS looks good.

The picture looks off compared to the IS.
Too dark under the table where the IS shows it returning light.
Bit of a tilt in the picture could account for it or too much backlight.
Getting good pictures of asschers is hard.
Id say that one is acceptable by my standards.

RoyalAsscher

Rough_Rock
Hi just a quick thought on that Asscher Cut, It looks like it has only 4 breaks is this right?
You must know jewelers like to sell square emerald cuts which they like to
call Asscher Cut so it will sell better.
the picture look very nice, but I need to be honost to you.
it looks a bit dark this means, A the top, crown hight is to shallow only 13... percent and
for the rest E vs2 great!

someone asked for a good pic
Here is a good one

Best regards,

Mike

www.asscher.com

DSC01512 (2).JPG

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2005 6
6.gif
9:21 AM
Author: RoyalAsscher
it looks a bit dark this means, A the top, crown hight is to shallow only 13... percent and

Here is a good one

Best regards,

Mike

www.asscher.com
Mike, photographs can look different depending on the lightenning environment. Can you make some examples of Ideal-Scope pictures for your diamonds? 3D Sarin scans imported into DiamCalc would also help to analyze performance.

Paul Slegers (aka Paul-Antwerp) can send you an ideal-scope from Antwerp...

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
mike

where does one buy the royal asscher in the Us?

Asschman

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/9/2005 5:43:32 PM
Author: IrishEyes
oooooo, preeeetty! I''ve really been getting into asschers lately. Don''t really know much about them yet, but that one is very nice-looking. You say its a VS2, whereabout is the inclusion?
I can''t tell from the GIA certificate where the crystal inclusion(s) are, but will be speaking with someone today at the vendor to discuss the stone.

Asschman

/back at work, with an internet connection

Asschman

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/9/2005 7:44:36 PM
Author: windowshopper
the stone looks stunning---------dont mind the extra facet. mine has it and i couldnt care less as i have the best cut stone i could find

Thanks for the kind words. Actually I sought long and hard to find the extra facet. After seeing some photos of the standard 3-step asscher cut versus the 5-step Royal Asscher, I wanted to find something in between that had a little more pizzaz without being too busy, given its size.

Asschman

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/10/2005 6
6.gif
9:21 AM
Author: RoyalAsscher
Hi just a quick thought on that Asscher Cut, It looks like it has only 4 breaks is this right?
You must know jewelers like to sell square emerald cuts which they like to
call Asscher Cut so it will sell better.

Here is a good one

Best regards,

Mike

www.asscher.com
Appreciate your thoughts Mr. Asscher. The stone does have 4-steps/breaks. I am well-versed in how generic asschers differ from their Royal counterparts, but found this stone to be a nice way of bridging the gap without paying the premium for a branded stone. As for the crown height, well, there have been plenty of photos of very nice looking asscher-style stones with lower crowns, so I think this one will work out fine. Seeing it in person will make all the difference of course.

Asschman

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Mike awesome to see you posting here I love asscher/SE cut diamonds.

The RAs are very nice diamonds but I prefer the more classic cut.
The high price and limited availability hurt the RA.

The picture you posted is like comparing apples to oranges as far as lighting conditions the RA would look less great under the same lighting conditions the other is shot in.
asscher/se diamonds including the RA dont like a lot of back light. I tends to wash out the pattern and make them look dark.
The diamond in question would look totally different mounted and under the same lighting conditions as the one you posted.

We can very much agree that there are some diamonds that are called asschers by others that are total dogs. Actually in my opinion the vast majority of them could be classified as such.
They are cut for weight and tend to not be well cut.
But the RA isnt the only game in town for well cut asscher/se diamonds.

Im working hard on raising the standard on what an acceptable asscher/SE diamond is on pricescope and it has improved.
No not all of them are up to RA standards but they dont have the price tag either and are very beautiful diamonds in their own right.

Asschman

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/9/2005 8:18:38 PM
Author: strmrdr
IS looks good.

Finally, the comment I have been waiting for...the stone is strmrdr-worthy. I did pretty much use your posts as a guide for picking out the best asscher strm, so I am happy it meets your standards.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is an ideal scope photo of a RA around here (see the "All about Asschers" thread) and it does show a different character allright. Not too different from what Garry's top of the list for step cuts on Ideal_Scope com.

I wouldn't call that too different from your stone: there is less black, but... the extra bit on the IS image of your stone might not be a bad thing. At least not in direct light and from an arm length. The current photo is not only tilted, but also taken from up close to the camera, so the black bands reflect the big, black, magnifying photo lenss infront of them. The stone will look like that in low, diffuse light, but at that point anyone would just turn on the lights
31.gif

Whiteflash, no ?

One more thing: you can call that pattern "Malthese Cross" - it looks more like one too
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2005 9
6.gif
8:24 AM
Author: Asschman
Date: 2/9/2005 8:18:38 PM

Author: strmrdr

IS looks good.

Finally, the comment I have been waiting for...the stone is strmrdr-worthy. I did pretty much use your posts as a guide for picking out the best asscher strm, so I am happy it meets your standards.

Thank you for the compliment I will try not to let it swell my ego too much!
Part of the reason im confident in that stone is that Brian has seen it.
Behind the scenes he has been looking more and more into them and what makes them good or bad.
Whiteflash and GOG have taken my quest for improved asschers/S.E. diamonds to heart and are working on it.
Its a slower process than Id like but sorting thru suppliers and getting everything set up takes time.
It is not easy finding good ones but Im seeing a bright future :}

Asschman

Rough_Rock
Windowshopper--yes the stone is from Whiteflash.

Strm--to be honest, I pretty much found this stone by myself. It took some cross-referencing of different e-vendors inventories, but I was able to make the call to bring it in based on its stats, and the 4-step plot diagram. I did use Whiteflash because they have an excellent rep and put together a good package for the money. Having Brian offer final confirmation of my thoughts on the stone will be the deal-sealer.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow that looks great!! I can't see the extra facet unless maybe it is off to the top left ...I see some sort of break in the pattern there? But it's not noticeable really..if that is not it then I don't know where it is!

I actually tend to prefer less steps than the Royal Asschers, they do look pretty busy, I think yours is a great in-between option..seems like a really great selection and yes, if mr. anal-asscher strm gives it a thumbs up...it seems like a winner.
9.gif

Congrats! Let us know what you do with a setting...that thing will be yummy!

Edited to add: Mike you should stick around and contribute to more Asscher posts, and not just with plugs for the RA type.
9.gif
Everyone has a preference for a look...and we do need more Asscher experts around here.

Asschman

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/10/2005 6:47
6.gif
0 PM
Author: Mara
wow that looks great!! I can''t see the extra facet unless maybe it is off to the top left ...I see some sort of break in the pattern there? But it''s not noticeable really..if that is not it then I don''t know where it is!

I actually tend to prefer less steps than the Royal Asschers, they do look pretty busy, I think yours is a great in-between option..seems like a really great selection and yes, if mr. anal-asscher strm gives it a thumbs up...it seems like a winner.
9.gif

Congrats! Let us know what you do with a setting...that thing will be yummy!

Edited to add: Mike you should stick around and contribute to more Asscher posts, and not just with plugs for the RA type.
9.gif
Everyone has a preference for a look...and we do need more Asscher experts around here.

Thanks Mara. Always nice to have Pscope regulars chime in with their approval. I am guessing the the extra step/faceting will show better when looking at the stone in person, but maybe not. Anyway, I am really happy with it.
I have all but settled on this Michael Bondanza ring for the setting. It had graceful lines and and understated beauty, just like my fiancee to be. Not to get too sappy...

She wanted something with a little extra bling, but most settings I saw had either too much or were kind of blocky.

Asschman

Bondanza 2005.jpg

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
EXQUISITE--PERFECT FOR AN ASSCHER

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that setting.
Graceful and not overpowering.
Id change the sides to colored stones but otherwise its something id buy for my wifey2b .

It will showcase that asscher very very well.

Asschman

Rough_Rock
Strm and Windowshopper

I am so elated by your responses. Beaming in fact.

Have to be honest though, since I have spent the last couple of months reading, researching, and interacting with the Pricescope community, I am almost kind of feeling like this is "my" diamond. My preciousss. Screw buyer anxiety, I might have separation anxiety.

thanks again.

Asschman

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
asschman....go for it brother! go with your heart...i''m in the same shoes as you.............whiteflash? seems the favorite for customer service...etc.

sincerely happy for your choice in stone.....

ron..

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
blueroses.....boy, lol....shows how new i am to this forum thing....lol. hey, i''m tryin''.... :) by the way, today i made phone contact with one of whiteflash''s folks...they''re on the hunt for an excellent CUT ''square emerald cut'' or royal asscher for me....we''ll see....contacted GOG also...

thanks for the reply blueroses... :)

ron......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results