shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher and Traps...in Platinum!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Belle, I live in Wynnewood and Kaleigh is not far from me. Once I drop the kids off I am usually pretty free most of the day til pickup. I have guests all next week, but maybe the week of the 27th? I am overall pretty loose, except if I have an appt for some reason...would love to see you and talk about bling...

What happened at the end of the UCLA game with ND? I remember it was a big upset in the last seconds or something, I was blown away at the time, but now cannot recall (maybe I was too busy razzing dh
31.gif
...the Bruins are not looking great in football... I like football, USC has always had great talent but has not always been a winning team, they are pretty consistent now. The year I got engaged (12/89) we went to Los Cabos for Xmas/New Years and Jan 1990 the Trojans won the Rose Bowl, and after that it was not so good! So I am glad they are winning. I always got flack back in the day that ''SC was inferior and for spoiled rich kids etc, but it is a great school and is now a hot one, and tough to get into, as I think you might know from your field...but what university or college is easy to get into these days?

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Diamondfan- We still joke about USC being "University of Spoiled Children" or "University of Stupid Children" but it is all in good fun and clearly does not apply...Many schools are really hard to get into these days, but USC, UCLA, CAL, Stanford, CalTech and Pomona have always been competitive. As someone that studies higher education (and now works in admissions) I find that many schools are just SO HARD to get into. One of my best friend works in admissions at MIT, I work at Penn, a good friend works at Stanford and another works at Harvard and we just cannot believe how great all students who apply are...
The week of the 27th would be fun...I was so sad I couldn''t make the last meeting
7.gif
It is becoming "admissions season" and meeting pop up like mad!

The end of the ND v. UCLA game almost made me cry...USC is great in football (and UCLA is not so great) but we will get you in basketball (I hope!)...

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
very OT... I go to USC and went to a party at UCLA my freshman year, where I had a drunk guy talk my ear off about how it is sooo much harder to get into UCLA, and what were my SAT scores because he's sure his were higher (which I don't doubt! mine are embarrasing for a USC student...) yadda yadda. It's so funny because I've never EVER seen someone so hardcore about a rivalry!!
20.gif
Must've just been the jungle juice talking!

Speaking of football, bf is still inconsolable over us losing our shot at the rosebowl this year
25.gif
silly men!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had a HUGE rivalry with UCLA. Big time. Each year before the 'SC UCLA game we used to do things of a prankish nature to eachother...We used to make fun of them in good fun (for the most part). It just used to burn me that people assumed because it was a private uni that somehow it was not a good school. I was not a stellar high school student, definitely had my dean's lists semesters and NOT, but my SAT's combined with my overall GPA were what they needed to be. I could have gone to another UC school, UCSB, but I had never been away from home and frankly it was a party school and I was and am pretty straight laced so all the drinking etc was not for me. I thought the dorms were nasty and really, I lived in Beverly HIlls, commuted to school, joined a sorority, got to come home to a full fridge, maid service, etc...I was happy and being a homebody more than a get out of town type I liked it. I had a major and minor and went on to graduate school so I think overall I got a pretty decent education, and I laugh at how strong that rivalry still is.

Musey, how are we out of the Rose Bowl? I know we had one loss and then I think we beat Oregon, so I am not sure how the standings are.

Belle, you consult your schedule and let Kaleigh and me know what works!!!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Musey-USC is NOT out of the Rosebowl...and I think it was the "juice" talking...the rivalry, as Diamondfan said, is really all in good fun...

Diamond fan...I didn't live in Beverly Hills
7.gif
, but Westwood was pretty nice.
1.gif
I would have wanted that maid service though...could have used it!!!!
31.gif
UCSB is a HUGE party school....still is... I picked the school far away from my family who lived in NorCal, so I passed on a full-ride to CAL to go to UCLA....THEN MY PARENTS MOVED DOWN TO ORANGE COUNTY!
29.gif

No, I love them,
2.gif
but I couldn't help but notice the irony
31.gif

I will let Kaleigh now when a good time for me is...I really really want to meet....we can talk about diamonds, California, and colleges :) I may someday be a good resource, as I work in admissions, if your kids (I believe you said you had them) ever apply to colleges :)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 11:03:19 PM
Author: UCLABelle
Musey-USC is NOT out of the Rosebowl...and I think it was the ''juice'' talking...the rivalry, as Diamondfan said, is really all in good fun...

Diamond fan...I didn''t live in Beverly Hills
7.gif
, but Westwood was pretty nice.
1.gif
I would have wanted that maid service though...could have used it!!!!
31.gif
UCSB is a HUGE party school....still is... I picked the school far away from my family who lived in NorCal, so I passed on a full-ride to CAL to go to UCLA....THEN MY PARENTS MOVED DOWN TO ORANGE COUNTY!
29.gif

No, I love them,
2.gif
but I couldn''t help but notice the irony
31.gif

I will let Kaleigh now when a good time for me is...I really really want to meet....we can talk about diamonds, California, and colleges :) I may someday be a good resource, as I work in admissions, if your kids (I believe you said you had them) ever apply to colleges :)

Orange County is nice, I can see why they moved, but I might think it a bit funny! I just knew for me a party type atmosphere was not for me. Not that I was a wet blanket or a grind but I was not into getting plastered and acting moronic most nights, and I really did not want to leave my mom since my dad had died a couple years earlier. Meanwhile, my mom decided that I was FINE and could manage, so she left me with the housekeeper, a bank account, the accountant''s phone number and all the main bills paid each month and she traveled the world. I was alone in the house a lot, and had to take care of maintenance issues or problems that would crop up while she was on a ship in Antarctica or hanging out in Nepal. It was a bit lonely and freaky at 17. But I do not regret not going away, and she did what she needed to do, and it all worked out fine in the end!

Belle, we will be starting the college thing before I know it. My son is really really into music, plays guitar and wants to go to a school in Boston for music. He is a great track athlete and has A''s and B''s now but is only in the final year of middle school. I am encouraging being involved in extracurriculars and in setting up good time management and study skills along with having a rounded academic program and good friends. My other two are a lot younger so luckily that is not looming large just yet! I just might be calling you in a couple years so I do appreciate it! Are Fridays ever good for you, around 11:00 am 0r so?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi UCLABelle!!
We missed you at the GTG, but so understand this is your busy season right now. Ashley will be working in your office over winter break. Is your boss Lee Stetson?? She has another job as a psychology assistant, helping a disabled professor fill out grant applications. She loves it. But also hopes to work long term in the Admissions office. Hopefully you will run into her. She had a friend who worked there and has since graduated but told Ash it's a great job !! I hope we can schedule a GTG soon. Lisa
1.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
DiamondFan- Well, feel free to call me whenever about those applications... :) And Friday do work really well for me (normally, they are my only day off!)...

Kaleigh- That is great for Ashley. Looks great on grad apps if she decides to go that route. My boss is actually the Dean of SAS, as I am techn. an "Institutional Researcher". I move around divisions of SAS and right now I am working with CGS...

I would love to get together soon. I am still sad I missed the last one!!!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2006 11:01:06 PM
Author: diamondfan
Musey, how are we out of the Rose Bowl? I know we had one loss and then I think we beat Oregon, so I am not sure how the standings are.
Got me... I don't follow football any further than what people talk about around me
20.gif
All I know is that the day before I posted that, my anthropology prof. got off topic about how tragic it was that we wouldn't be rosebowl-ing this year, based on the rest of the schedule this fall. We spent 15 minutes discussing the future of USC football when we were supposed to be talking about rites of intensification among Yanomamo tribesmen. I hope it's on the midterm!
25.gif
BF had been sulking over the lost game all weekend, whenever that was (haha, again... my football knowledge isn't that great, let alone my football MEMORY!)

Ah, football. It's been a big to-do around campus!

Musey-USC is NOT out of the Rosebowl...and I think it was the "juice" talking...the rivalry, as Diamondfan said, is really all in good fun...
haha belle, for most people it is!! However, I do know a couple that broke up after meeting the folks because one set of parents were Trojans and the other Bruins... ah, star-crossed lovers! Isn't that the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard?? I'm sure that wasn't the only reason, though--at least I sure hope not! I've met some vehement UCLA-haters on this campus, mostly those that were "raised Trojans".

Since I'm close to oblivious to athletics, I'm also kinda out of the rivalry loop. I prefer it that way
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 12:47:19 AM
Author: musey
Date: 11/14/2006 11:01:06 PM

Got me... I don''t follow football any further than what people talk about around me
20.gif
All I know is that the day before I posted that, my anthropology prof. got off topic about how tragic it was that we wouldn''t be rosebowl-ing this year, based on the rest of the schedule this fall. We spent 15 minutes discussing the future of USC football when we were supposed to be talking about rites of intensification among Yanomamo tribesmen. I hope it''s on the midterm!
25.gif
BF had been sulking over the lost game all weekend, whenever that was (haha, again... my football knowledge isn''t that great, let alone my football MEMORY!)

Ah, football. It''s been a big to-do around campus!

Musey-USC is NOT out of the Rosebowl...and I think it was the ''juice'' talking...the rivalry, as Diamondfan said, is really all in good fun...

haha belle, for most people it is!! However, I do know a couple that broke up after meeting the folks because one set of parents were Trojans and the other Bruins... ah, star-crossed lovers! Isn''t that the most ridiculous thing you''ve ever heard?? I''m sure that wasn''t the only reason, though--at least I sure hope not! I''ve met some vehement UCLA-haters on this campus, mostly those that were ''raised Trojans''.

Since I''m close to oblivious to athletics, I''m also kinda out of the rivalry loop. I prefer it that way
9.gif

OMG, breaking up over that is pretty pathetic. I loved USC and am happy I went there but that is it, I cannot imagine that happening! Somethings are just too crazy for me to comprehend!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Belle! Notre Dame went down, any thoughts about next week?

When the holidays are over maybe we can have that get together with Kaleigh and whoever else is up for it! I am definitely there if we can get something planned!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
ND did go down...Bad...But I think they may have been a bit overated. As for this weekend, it will be the third year we can keep them from the BCS Champ. game...and we will probably stink :) But I am still hoping for the best, maybe a freak win?!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, you know who I am rooting for! ( a little rivalry with hubby can be fun too!)

Maybe things will calm down for you in January? We can see who is up for a get together then, kids back to school and life somewhat back to normal!

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a purdyful ring!
I really like it....it''s got a very cool shape altogether....!!!!
30.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
18.gif
36.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
DIAMONDFAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

GO BRUINS!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Who won? It was such a low scoring game I could not believe it...I turned it off near the end when it was a one point game...no blow out, which surprised me...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yummy love the ring :}
With my limited time I hadnt seen it before I dont think :{

re: your comment in another thread: From what I can see that asscher can stand proud in any company.
I like it.

Congrates!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Strmrdr-Thanks! Your opinion means a lot. I hope to get some more, better pics up soon. I order a new camera on cyber monday!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 7:48:38 PM
Strmrdr-Thanks! Your opinion means a lot. I hope to get some more, better pics up soon. I order a new camera on cyber monday!
your welcome.
Cant wait for the new pics :}
Sorry for not commenting earlier.
Hopefully once my surgery is done I will be around more.
Right now about 30 min is about all I can stand at a stretch.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Strmrdr-I hope you feel better soon!!!! I will work on those pics ASAP...

Diamondfan- We won. I was in shock. Was your husband a bit happy?! (p.s. I would love to meet...I go home Dec 21-Jan 6) I can meet before or after...I am still bummed we couldn''t meet last time! Also, I read the Hello Kitty thread...and hope when we meet you wear that adorable necklace!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course I will wear it!

We go to Little Dix the 17th to the 24th and then might go up to our house in the mountains for a couple days. I can try to meet before, not sure of Kaleigh''s schedule, or we can meet in the new yeaer.

Yeah, I thought it was a bad game, each team only scored one t.d. which is pathetic to me. I think we play Michigan in the Rose Bowl now...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 11:45:29 PM
Of course I will wear it!

We go to Little Dix the 17th to the 24th and then might go up to our house in the mountains for a couple days. I can try to meet before, not sure of Kaleigh''s schedule, or we can meet in the new yeaer.

Yeah, I thought it was a bad game, each team only scored one t.d. which is pathetic to me. I think we play Michigan in the Rose Bowl now...
I am free after the kids go back to school in January. [:)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Off Topic. Kaleigh: When are you getting your beautiful Leon?????? Can''t wait to see it.

Linda

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t believe how much clearer these pics are. I can really see those traps. Wow......can your ring be more pretty? I love it. Cute necklace too.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi UCLABelle-

I responded to your other thread- your ring is totally gorgeous!! I love it!! Just curious though, what kind of w-band are you planning on wearing with your ring?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Calling Belle...

When are we going to meet? I think Kaleigh is good after Fri. Let us know!

Rose Bowl was pretty sweet, between that and the Eagles I am pretty happy!

Hope your holiday was great...let''s make time to hook up soon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results