shape
carat
color
clarity

ASET scope and opinions needed

PM83

Rough_Rock
Hi guys, so I got my lab diamond last month and I’m kind of bummed that I couldn’t get an ASET scope for peace of mind (as brilliant earth couldn’t send one) and of course because I’ve read on these forums that crown 35 doesn’t always pair well with 40.8 pavillion, it’s made me obsessive over the last month. I am just wondering if there is anywhere that I could buy one, although my diamond is already set so not sure if it would still be doable?It seems pointless now to worry about it as the return window is over, but it’s going to bother me if I don’t get an ASET done. (Partly due to my obsessive personality) It’s difficult to know what is supposed to be “super ideal” as I don’t have anything that’s “super ideal” to compare to. I have tried putting coloured paper under the shank as a previous poster recommended and I couldn’t see the colour in the diamond from head on view but also not sure if i was doing it in the correct lighting/properly.ive read that Gia rounds their numbers, and I’m not sure if Gcal does as well or not. I am really pleased with the fire that the diamond has but I cant help but notice some darkness in photos not sure if that has to do with leakage or if it’s just from the photos? I have attached photos from different lighting and I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

60F745A0-19B4-467A-9728-7E7E46873D9F.jpeg Indoor (low lighting)

7E135C1C-287C-40E9-9D05-7437161DEC8B.png Near elevator (not sure what kind of lighting) CFF083EB-ECE0-4B6D-9C31-9E7BBF443F9F.jpeg 0D47E2D7-B933-408A-9A41-9674D0E0D430.jpeg Indoor (by window when sun was out

58EB7448-2FD2-4774-9AC0-7E26E3E6C6FE.jpeg Indoor (by window) C70F9844-9293-438E-B4C8-8DF864D0736A.jpeg Indoor (by window as well)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great to me! :))

The darkness in the elevator pic will just be the stone reflecting the dark colour of the wall / elevator (if it was dark like the button panel) or the dark coat you are wearing, I would say.

Don't forget that diamonds act like a mirror, so it will look darker in darker environments or if there is a dark thing at an angle that reflects into your eyes :)

Don't get sucked into paranoia about the minutiae, which PS can lead us into doing... :lol:

You've got a stone that is better than 99% of those out there!

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
It looks really lovely! I bought my stone based just on angles alone. It was from a B&M so I was able to see it first, but I never got an ASET.

I love the H&A patterning of your stone, I think you picked a really good one! PS can make us all obsessive, I think you should rest assured and enjoy your ring.

Do you have a thread on it? Curious where you got it, size, color & finger size. It has great presence on your finger!

Last edited:

PM83

Rough_Rock
Looks great to me! :))

The darkness in the elevator pic will just be the stone reflecting the dark colour of the wall / elevator (if it was dark like the button panel) or the dark coat you are wearing, I would say.

Don't forget that diamonds act like a mirror, so it will look darker in darker environments or if there is a dark thing at an angle that reflects into your eyes :)

Don't get sucked into paranoia about the minutiae, which PS can lead us into doing... :lol:

You've got a stone that is better than 99% of those out there!

thanks for your response! I think I did too much reading here in PS and started worrying unnecessarily lol wish I had a turn off button for times like this. Also what you said about the environment and diamonds acting as mirrors makes a lot of sense now! Thank you :)

PM83

Rough_Rock
It looks really lovely! I bought my stone based just on angles alone. It was from a B&M so I was able to see it first, but I never got an ASET.

I love the H&A patterning of your stone, I think you picked a really good one! PS can make us all obsessive, I think you should rest assured and enjoy your ring.

Do you have a thread on it? Curious where you got it, size, color & finger size. It has great presence on your finger!

thank you for your response!

That’s awesome that you found a stone with parameters you had in mind and that you also got to see it in person before buying! I got mine online from Brilliant Earth. I agree that PS can make some of us obsessive and worry too much haha. My lab diamond is 1.56ct G, VS2 and I am a size 4 :)

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
So envious of your tiny fingers! My stone is not a lab stone so it was easier to find something great, but I'd like to go bigger and I'm considering a lab diamond. Did you have a good experience with BE,m seems like there are some horror stories floating around...

PM83

Rough_Rock
So envious of your tiny fingers! My stone is not a lab stone so it was easier to find something great, but I'd like to go bigger and I'm considering a lab diamond. Did you have a good experience with BE,m seems like there are some horror stories floating around...

I’ve read the horror stories as well, but I can honestly say I had a great experience with them, they were very nice and helpful throughout the whole process. I looked around at JA as well and their customer service was poor.. some of the online assistants were rude and impatient. It seemed to me as if they don’t want the public to be able to make an informed decision before purchasing (regarding being informed about quality, proportions etc). I also don’t like the fact that they hide the certificates and make you ask for them. Price wise, I found brilliant earth more affordable than JA anyways so it worked out well in the end :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results