shape
carat
color
clarity

As Promised, the Handshots :)

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
frankiextah|1295889756|2831510 said:
best way to do it - bathroom (so the light is reflecting in a neutral way), direct sunlight shining through the back of the ring ... you'd be seeing amazing arrows!

since she has an DSLR, she can also purchase a $20 "extension tube" ... she can go to her local professional camera store and have someone match her lens with one. this will enable the lens to focus at an incredible short 3 inch distance !! amazing "macro" ring shots right there without purchasing a $1000 lens !

read all of your threads, you have amazing compassion despite all that you had to go through with this experience... congrats, good luck and go home to your fiancee soon !!!!!

Frankie, thanks for the advice, already too late about the macro lens (bought that for Christmas knowing I was giving her the ring). She is still getting used to it. I will point her to these posts to read you guys advice.

And not much longer, I should stateside in 5 weeks hopefully.

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
tim, with a macro lens and a DSLR, use the HIGHEST "F" stop that the camera body allows = F32 or F64, put the camera on a steady tripod, level the height with the ring (so it it "eye level" with the lens), place the ring in front of a window with direct sunlight (with the culet of the diamond facing the window, the table of the diamond facing the lens). look through the lens and make sure she sees the arrows lined up nicely. the exposure time will likely be at least 5 seconds with this F stop (my ring required 20 seconds at F32 ISO100 inside of a white light box in the living room at night, with one light shining through the top of the box). this way, the ENTIRE ring will be in focus (not just part of it), and arrows will show through clearly and beautifully !

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
frankiextah|1295906597|2831798 said:
tim, with a macro lens and a DSLR, use the HIGHEST "F" stop that the camera body allows = F32 or F64, put the camera on a steady tripod, level the height with the ring (so it it "eye level" with the lens), place the ring in front of a window with direct sunlight (with the culet of the diamond facing the window, the table of the diamond facing the lens). look through the lens and make sure she sees the arrows lined up nicely. the exposure time will likely be at least 5 seconds with this F stop (my ring required 20 seconds at F32 ISO100 inside of a white light box in the living room at night, with one light shining through the top of the box). this way, the ENTIRE ring will be in focus (not just part of it), and arrows will show through clearly and beautifully !

Perfect Frankie, I will be sure she gets this advice!! This is luckily her hobby and not mine and most what you said is foreign to me but I know she will be able to follow! :) I well let you know how it goes.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Tim! Is your ring the new one WF just announced on FB? The Elena ring?! Very cool! I'd love to have my custom ring be offered online. :) It's soooo gorgeous!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Tim, that ring is a stunner, you did a fantastic job! And such a beautiful girl and great story to go with it :appl: A lot of 4 prong settings seem to make a round diamond look square, but I love the prongs you choose, they look great with that diamond. And what a beautiful gallery!

Congratulations!

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
hoofbeats95|1295917833|2832060 said:
Tim! Is your ring the new one WF just announced on FB? The Elena ring?! Very cool! I'd love to have my custom ring be offered online. :) It's soooo gorgeous!

Hoofbeats, I haven't looked at their thread yet but yes, that is it! My fiancees middle name is Elena and I personally did the research of the origin of the name that is included in the description, thought it was a fitting name for a beautiful ring. This was a request of mine a few weeks ago when the images were done as I thought it would forever immortalize the setting. They were waiting for me to give it to her to make the announcement. :appl:

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
Wow! The ring is awesome Tim! Wishing you the best! Your dog is SO cute! I hope the next five weeks go quickly for you!
Be safe......

Thank you for your service to our country. We truly appreciate it!

RoachForLife

Rough_Rock
congrats again. So how has it been holding up?

Right now Im torn between this and the Petite Open Cathedral from WF for a 1.3ct Princess. (Also looking at the 0.54Common Prong setting from JA).... ugh... :)

houserabbitz

Rough_Rock
Aww, she is so pretty! Nice ring too! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results