shape
carat
color
clarity

Art of Platinum Ring, GOG stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I can''t wait for my GOG and Leon - Anyday now.
I wish I''d gone with a halo.
7.gif

Yours is just fabulous!
Congratulations!

Scintillating...

msb700

Brilliant_Rock

sjr: wow!! wat can a person say after reading about ur proposal and seeing that magnificent ring (one my all time favourite designs i must add!)??

congratulations to you both, ur fiancé is a very lucky person to have someone care about her the way u do, u r lucky to have someone who shares ur values and principals and is happy with the meaning behind the ring exchange and ur proposal.

best wishes to the both of you!
36.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2005 11:15:53 PM
Author: sjr

Date: 12/5/2005 10:54:24 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I think the ring is beautiful. Congratulations. Now, not to sound rude but why do you care if your FI or her friends know the carat weight? It just seems like a strange thing to try to keep secret and personally would piss me off if my FI refused to tell me. Not because it matters so much but on principle. It makes you sound shameful of it.

Tacori E-ring,

Hmmmm....shameful of it? That seems to be a strong word. Actually, it is something that is part of our family''s etiquette/formalities to not share such information. Also sometimes I feel people (not anyone here of course) equate carat weight with value- not something I am trying to portray. I guess she should be pissed off that I didn''t tell her what I spent on the ring as well? Truth is she doesn''t care and has never even asked.

The purpose of me even posting the ring was to show my gratitude for those people who altruistically go out of their way to make other people''s moments even more special. That is all. I added specs as it is customary to do here.

I am sorry I sound shameful to you and that our ''principles'' are unparallel. To each his/her own. sjr
I don''t think Tacori meant it the way you took it. I think it is different for different people. Some people find it no big deal to share such information, whereas obviously others prefer to keep it private. It bugs me a bit when people (almost strangers sometimes!) ask me my stone''s carat weight. I really don''t think they mean harm by it and I usually tell them. A friend asked once what it cost, (I think he was trying to figure out if he could afford something similar) and caught off guard, I told him, but wished I hadn''t.
I did find out from my now husband what it cost because I took care of getting the appraisal and insurance. I would have been surprised, but respectful, if he wanted to keep this information from me. Like you said to each his/her own and congrats on a wonderful proposal and ring!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful proposal and beautiful ring. However, I don''t think I could rest easy not knowing the carat size of my diamond. I like to know EVERYTHING about my stone and it''s not for financial reasons - just call me plain nosey if you like! However, I respect your family''s ''etiquette/formalities'' not that I''ve ever heard of that kind of thing before. You''re right, it''s easy to guess the size - take a bow, it''s a hard size to find these days. So long and you and your fiance are happy that''s what counts. It''s definitely a beautiful ring and the proposal was so romantic. Sincere congratulations!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, what a nice sparkly Leon Mege halo ring.

In terms of people wanting to know or not know diamond size, it just seems kind of funny to have the carat size when the mm is there.
2.gif
So us crazy diamond lovers can find out I guess. Plus you can credit the interest here to the fact that is a diamond forum with lots of eye-candy and stones and people love to know specs...
1.gif

sjr

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/5/2005 11:33:20 PM
Author: Scintillating
GORGEOUS!!!!!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I can''t wait for my GOG and Leon - Anyday now.

I wish I''d gone with a halo.
7.gif

Yours is just fabulous!

Congratulations!

Scintillating...

And I will eagerly wait to see yours! I had to flip a coin on the halo. But I had a feeling either way and with any setting things would get real cool. Good luck! sjr

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Sjr, the proposal sounds so romantic, she must have been so thrilled. I love it when a guy puts so much effort and thought into a proposal. Not too many guys do that. And the ring certainly is quite something to behold!
36.gif
Congratulations to you and your sweetheart!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
WOW! WOW! WOW!

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
You did an amazing thing for your fiance, and I don''t think Tacori E-ring was trying to sound invasive or rude.
In fact, I agree with where she''s coming from. It doesn''t make your love any less or more as to what you spent on it (and no one here wants to know), but the purpose of this forum is for people to discuss and compare. I''m also getting my e-ring from GOG and Leon, and I''d love to know the carat weight simply because the proportions of that size, whatever it is, look fantastic.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2005 12:03:05 AM
Author: Mara

In terms of people wanting to know or not know diamond size, it just seems kind of funny to have the carat size when the mm is there.
2.gif
So us crazy diamond lovers can find out I guess. Plus you can credit the interest here to the fact that is a diamond forum with lots of eye-candy and stones and people love to know specs...
1.gif

agreed. He gave us the mm which is just as good and more accurate for telling ratio''s than the actual weight of the stone which can have different diameters
1.gif

sjr

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/6/2005 10:25:27 AM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 12/6/2005 12:03:05 AM
Author: Mara

2.gif
1.gif

agreed. He gave us the mm which is just as good and more accurate for telling ratio''s than the actual weight of the stone which can have different diameters
1.gif
My apologies- I actually stopped looking at carat weight as an evaluator a while ago--> as mrssalvo states, diameter is a better reflection of the depth of the stone (where a few tenths of a percentage can alter the diameter by 1 mm or so). I have no problem telling you all the carat weight and have already done so in my original less-than-stellar observation of the sarin picture. If I was terribly worried- I would have changed that
1.gif

Hope that helps! Thanks again for all the kind responses- and concern, sjr

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2005 10:16:44 AM
Author: Melinda
You did an amazing thing for your fiance, and I don''t think Tacori E-ring was trying to sound invasive or rude.

In fact, I agree with where she''s coming from. It doesn''t make your love any less or more as to what you spent on it (and no one here wants to know), but the purpose of this forum is for people to discuss and compare. I''m also getting my e-ring from GOG and Leon, and I''d love to know the carat weight simply because the proportions of that size, whatever it is, look fantastic.

I guess I do not equal needing to know carat size as the same as the cost of the ring. I just have a very open relationship with my FI and we tell each other everything. Also, as Melinda mentioned this is a public forum ABOUT all things diamonds/jewelry. I don''t think a man love''s his FI any less or more if he buys her a 1/3 ct or 3.5 cts. It just seemed odd you would say how many diamonds are in the halo, or the point size of them, and the mm (like you were tap dancing around the real question everyone on here loves to talk about) and actually take the time to black it out on your report. I am sure most of us would never ask the carat size of a stranger''s ring in real life but this isn''t real life. Here is is encouraged and acceptable. Like Mara mentioned with the mm size and your post history we can figure it out. If it is due to your family culture than that is fine by me and I respect that just as I am sure you respect my opinion on the situation.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
absolutely stunning and gorgeous ring! and I looooove the Paris proposal. so sweet!!

congrats to both of you
36.gif

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
another luscious leon creation....

my god it''s HUGE!!!
5.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a classic Leon!!! Intricate, ornate, bursting with artistic detail...WOW!!!! And it is a HUGE stone, obviously....your fiancee must be over the moon.

I think you need to instruct a course for all future grooms called How To Propose 101. (God knows my hubby could''ve used it!)

sjr

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/6/2005 1:48:53 PM
Author: KristyDarling
That is such a classic Leon!!! Intricate, ornate, bursting with artistic detail...WOW!!!! And it is a HUGE stone, obviously....your fiancee must be over the moon.

I think you need to instruct a course for all future grooms called How To Propose 101. (God knows my hubby could''ve used it!)

Kristy Darling- Ha, thanks for the support--> my sisters have been relentless in calling me a ''cheese ball'' for proposing in such a manner. Maybe I am old school- which I think has worked out all right.

Lovely- You know it is funny cause I mentioned ''The Lovely'' to Leon and he knew exactly what I was talking about. I, of course, had no control after he ended the conversation- but I guess it is the ultimate compliment to have so many aspects of your ring in mine!

Tacori- no worries here. I respect everyone''s opinion and that is what makes these forums great!

Thanks all, sjr

paintergirl

Rough_Rock
What a romantic way to start the story of your life together! You made SURE she can look back on unforgetable memories of the proposal. The ring is a treasure, so thoughtfully and carefully chosen, with LEON no less! I understand you were probably trying to head off the millions of questions from friends/family of "HOW BIG IS IT?" (Because then they all say "Can you BELIEVE how much/little he spent?") It doesn''t MATTER how big it is. It only matters how beautiful it is, and I think your sisters are actually a little bit jealous!!!!! (In a happy way!)

Enjoy this time, enjoy each other, and may you have many, many more years of happiness together!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results