shape
carat
color
clarity

Art of Platinum Ring, GOG stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sjr

Rough_Rock
Here is my new fiancé''s Art of Platinum ring. I talked about my experience over in Rocky Talky with Leon and his crew.

Proposal:
Surprised my new fiancé with a trip to Paris over Thanksgiving. Was able to get the people at the airport in on it so they checked her bags in and passport ( I stole from her about 3 months ago) without her even being able to look. Got all the way to Philly before she saw CDG on the ticket stub. Purely ecstatic.

Since it was her first time in Paris- decided to do the antique dinner at Le Coupe Chou (make a request for a romantic table- they will honor it if ''special occasion''). And a few bottles of champagne later- I took a back route to the Palais de Chaillot (trocadero gardens) for her first view of the city of Paris and Eiffel tower in the background. To my amazement, there was no absolutely no one around- perhaps the snow in Paris scared them away. Lots of blurry personal stuff resultantly followed and her tears of joy (and maybe some manly ones of mine) are now all history. Pure bliss for the four days we snarfed coffee and jambon-fromages. Anyways, here they are... sjr

Leon1aop.jpg

sjr

Rough_Rock
second leon photo

Leon2aop.JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kicken

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
how awesome and so very romantic!
36.gif
what a beauty that ring is! can you give us the specs on the center stone?
20.gif

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
I am in awe of your proposal. You are setting the bar pretty high for romantic proposals, even on this forum.

The ring''s nice too! ( a vast understatement
1.gif
)

Your fiance is a lucky girl.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Love the proposal!! The ring is a true beauty!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

sjr

Rough_Rock
Hand pic.

Ring size 3.75

Ring2paris(1).JPG

Wendi

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring and beautiful story, what a lucky girl :)

sjr

Rough_Rock
Ring hand 2- hopefully not so big

ring3paris(1).JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome proposal and the ring is just gorgeous!!! I love it, congrats!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

sjr

Rough_Rock
have really cool pics of two+ arrows lit up at same time- maybe if time permits

Ring1bbox(1).JPG

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Holy Smokes!!! It is absolutely gorgeous!

Congrats!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Lucky woman! How wonderful!
36.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Ah, there''s nothing as romantic as Paris. Except maybe being proposed to with a Leon masterpiece in Paris!!!! What a wonderful story and a stunning ring. Congratulations!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
The ring is SPECTACULAR...truly! But a surprise trip to Paris for the proposal? Wow!

If there were rewards for romantic proposals, you''d win hands down. Heck...I''ve fallen in love with you and I''m just reading about it!
9.gif

Heartiest congratulations to you both!!!

widget

sjr

Rough_Rock
Ring- has about 180 plus (what I believe are .005 melee in halo, .01 in band- with some larger in basket). Little over 1 ct- milgrain, 3 sided pave, cathedral setting, single prong with airline.

Stone- sorry, don''t want to tell carat size (fiance is reading this along with friends) but everyone can easily tell what it is with an 8 mm diameter if he/she wanted to.

Just want to reiterate how many thanks I have to give to Pricescope- I pretty much have read all posts and could sit here and thank dozens of the ''usuals'' for their great advise and expertise. It has really been special for me to go this route- none of which would ever have formulated without your countless additions to newbies in the world! I needed to mention that in my review- but thought I had exceeded space.

I appreciate everyone''s comments and it is great to relive the excitement of last week through these messages! sjr

sarinsjr1.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring and proposal!! Congratulations to you both.

36.gif

sjr

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the warm response- my fiance got teary-eyed reading some of them!

Here''s the light scope and then back to the books. Thanks again!

light scopesjr.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
she got teary-eyed? I got teary eyed!!! What''s my excuse? oh yeah, a drop dead gorgeous, ring & propsal!!! congratulations on such a special and romantic time!

we NEED more pics- ring, paris & all!!

Boom

Shiny_Rock
WOW!! What a gorogeous ring!
30.gif

Congratulations on your engagment.
36.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Now that''s my kind of proposal! How perfect! And a beautiful ring too! Congratulations!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
what an incredible ring. It''s beautiful

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a georgous ring and beautiful proposal story. The ring is absolutely stunning and looks perfect for her. Congrats.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the ring is beautiful. Congratulations. Now, not to sound rude but why do you care if your FI or her friends know the carat weight? It just seems like a strange thing to try to keep secret and personally would piss me off if my FI refused to tell me. Not because it matters so much but on principle. It makes you sound shameful of it.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring!! Congrats on the proposal!!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
*swoon* what a fantastic proposal and ring!!!
30.gif
30.gif
congrats!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2005 10:54:24 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I think the ring is beautiful. Congratulations. Now, not to sound rude but why do you care if your FI or her friends know the carat weight? It just seems like a strange thing to try to keep secret and personally would piss me off if my FI refused to tell me. Not because it matters so much but on principle. It makes you sound shameful of it.
yes i was thinking the same thing???????????

sjr

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/5/2005 10:54:24 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Tacori E-ring,

Hmmmm....shameful of it? That seems to be a strong word. Actually, it is something that is part of our family''s etiquette/formalities to not share such information. Also sometimes I feel people (not anyone here of course) equate carat weight with value- not something I am trying to portray. I guess she should be pissed off that I didn''t tell her what I spent on the ring as well? Truth is she doesn''t care and has never even asked.

The purpose of me even posting the ring was to show my gratitude for those people who altruistically go out of their way to make other people''s moments even more special. That is all. I added specs as it is customary to do here.

I am sorry I sound shameful to you and that our ''principles'' are unparallel. To each his/her own. sjr

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
applause!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results