shape
carat
color
clarity

Art nouveau moonstone ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 3:32:11 PM
Author: glitterata
Yay, mystery solved! My ring is American and was made in the 1970s. A jewelry-seller friend recognized it--she has the same ring, with garnets around the moonstone. Her mom bought it new for her in the 70s. Her sister had one too, but it got chewed by a puppy.
Glad to hear it!Least we were on the right track!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Interesting! I would have guessed older from the pics, for sure. It''s neat to actually *know* the answer re: the ring''s origin; doesn''t always happen, that''s for sure.

I totally missed your watch post, glitterata. That is a really lovely one. I have one that''s very, very similar that needs work, so I don''t wear it. Yours is truly lovely! I am such a sucker for antique watches. I like the black band like yours has a lot, second only to the full bracelet styles
1.gif
Good find!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dig the bracelet.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring! This necklace would go well with it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=360178879076&Category=165012&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2#ht_1895wt_1137

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Michelle, that is a wonderful necklace and a great seller! (I''ve bought from her in the past.) I love everything about it.

I''ve been spending way too much on jewelry lately, but hmmmmmm....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to be sure that this thread was linked to this thread about whether to polish the Georg Jensen moonstone ring. I have become interested in Georg Jensen silver jewelry since my mother gave me a bunch (at least one piece with a moonstone in it) and some of the posters here on Pricescope began to educate me about it. Today, when I was looking through glitterata's threads for an entirely different topic, I came across these two threads of hers that mentioned a couple of her silver and moonstone pieces. When I get a chance, later, I want to be able to read the threads at my leisure! I am sorry I missed then the first time around!

AGBF
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results