shape
carat
color
clarity

Art Deco Sapphire French-Cut Baby Ring Pics, Long Overdue

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Come to think of it, so was the baby ...

.... and they're not kidding about how the little dears can eat up all your spare time, 'cause it's been 18 months and change! I had almost forgotten about this piece until I started sifting stuff for sale and thought, "Too bad I can't take handshots since I bought it small thinking it could be resized." But then, a) my husband wandered by and said, "You're not thinking of selling THAT, are you?!?" looking so aghast I was taken aback ... this is, after all, the guy who can't tell my original e-ring and my anniversary ring apart and has to ask me which one I'm wearing on any given day. And, b) then I tried it on, and, seriously, even if he cheated on our weight-loss bet, getting on that diet a month-and-a-half ago has been the Best Jewelry-Related Decision ever, because ... the tiny tiny ring that I'd lost all hope of ever being able to wear finally fits properly!

WOOHOO! So I finally had a photoshoot.

I bought the ring a week or two before the baby was due thinking it could be sized: due to the channel-set French-cut sapphire melee, that wasn't an option, so it sat forlornly in the back of the jewelry box FOR A YEAR AND A HALF except for one earlier photoshoot on a cold winter day when I jammed it on my finger and then couldn't get it off again until I did the thing with the floss. (No fun, btw. Avoid if possible.) So, my PSA: if you're thinking of buying jewelry while preggers, get it AT the size you're at then, and size it down if need be. DO NOT buy smaller pieces and hope they fit eventually, because while maybe they might ... maybe they won't, and then you're in that awkward spot of wondering what to do with them. Think of me and my 18-month sapphire-drought as leading by example, and just get, say ... earrings. :rodent:

On the other hand, now it's Christmas in July (or a baby bling present 18 1/2 months later). PICS!

_7102.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: Art Deco Sapphire French-Cut Baby Ring Pics, Long Overdu

I know it's no big thang for all y'al with the pretty petite size 2 ring fingers, but I'm apparently now a 5! Given that I started out a 5.5 or so and shot up to an 8 during the pregnancy, this makes me happy: given that my stacking obsession continued throughout and I just sort of accumulated, this makes me ECSTATIC, because OH THE POSSIBILITIES.

But I will begin with some close-ups of the really cool die-cast setting with its really awesome detailing. A little worn away at the bottom of the head, where I assume it was flanked by big bands at some point, but oh-so-intricate everywhere else!

_7103.jpg

_7104.jpg

_7105.jpg

_7106.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Center stone is around two carats and change ... 8.1mm, slightly out of round, and estimated in-the-setting. All I know is, it looks really cool both with my 1-year anniversary band, and by itself ....

_7107.jpg

_7108.jpg

_7109.jpg

_7110.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Wowsers!! That is one amazing ring!! It is gorgeous and combines all of my favorite details...intricate, vintage setting, And French cuts!! :love: :love:

How awesome that it fits again! That's definitely like winning the bling lottery!! I love it with your band!

How on earth do you decide what to wear each day??? :?:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

And I'm kinda loving how this is forcing me out of my comfort zone. Yes, I adore how this looks with the band and by itself ... but I also really love how it looks if I, say, wear other rings on my middle finger next to it.

Today wound up being the baby ring on my left ring finger, my original e-ring with my skinny french band next to it, and my right hand rocking my thicker french cut band flanked by the new Van Craeynest stackers with my octagonal Deco ring on the middle finger next to it. It's like a memory palace, only a memory jewel box. Makes me feel v. lucky.

ETA: LOL, Yenny, that's hilarious - synchronicity, because I basically answered your post simultaneously with you writing it! Great minds think alike. :) I will say, it makes me that much more determined to pare down my collection. Sentiment and practicality have to make friends sooner or later, and I love rotating all of the pieces that MEAN something to me AND that I find aesthetically pleasing right now AND that fit my lifestyle ... but the ones that, for one reason or another, I feel guilty about keeping and never wearing? Those guys I need to rehome so I can enjoy these without feeling like a character out of "The Lorax" .....

_7111.jpg

today_0.jpg

today_1.jpg

lefty_close-up.jpg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Circe! Your "new" ring is stunning! I love the setting and I especially love it stacked with your sapphire/diamond band.
It really completes the look.
Congrats.. wear it in good health and happy mothering times! :appl:
I remember back when I was pregnant with my 3rd daughter and I was shopping for an diamond eternity band for my birthday. The jeweler hesitantly suggested that I might think about waiting to buy the ring until the baby was born. I quickly informed him that yes.. my behind had just about doubled in size due to pregnancy.. but my fingers hadn't budged a bit. :lol:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

It's just stunning! Oh how I would love to troll the antique stores with you. You have such an eye!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's absolutely lovely. The picture of it paired with your sapphire & diamond band sent me into a full scale swoon. :love:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Rubies-R-Me|1371002683|3463864 said:
Circe! Your "new" ring is stunning! I love the setting and I especially love it stacked with your sapphire/diamond band.
It really completes the look.
Congrats.. wear it in good health and happy mothering times! :appl:
I remember back when I was pregnant with my 3rd daughter and I was shopping for an diamond eternity band for my birthday. The jeweler hesitantly suggested that I might think about waiting to buy the ring until the baby was born. I quickly informed him that yes.. my behind had just about doubled in size due to pregnancy.. but my fingers hadn't budged a bit. :lol:

Thank you Rubies-R-Me! It sounds like you have bling-loving fingers (they're the best kind ... they know the best way to stay adorned). Methinks I am going to have a love of fun playing around with the multicolored possibilities. Now I will need to build a sapphire stack! I have rubies galore, but only this one sapphire band! I know you're a vintage maven, too ... I may be calling out for help soon. :naughty:

(Okay, not SOON, since it's been a busy week, but ... eventually. :devil: )

Rosebloom said:
It's just stunning! Oh how I would love to troll the antique stores with you. You have such an eye!

Thank you Rosebloom, and the feeling is quite mutual! Either you should come to NYC, or I should go to Chicago. Hmmmmm .... :lol:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Matata|1371003421|3463874 said:
It's absolutely lovely. The picture of it paired with your sapphire & diamond band sent me into a full scale swoon. :love:

Matata, thank you so much! I have to admit, having had my doubts about ever being able to get either one of them on my hand comfortably again, that's much how being able to have both of them on my hand made me feel, too!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock

Oh man. I am so jealous of your left hand.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is gorgeous. What a great color.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Kelli|1371004257|3463885 said:
Oh man. I am so jealous of your left hand.

Hee, thank you! Apparently, it's determined to hog the spotlight tonight, because I TRIED to include a right-hand picture ... and then when I saw I'd failed, I tried to edit it ... I will assume softwear gremlins and try to add a right-hand picture now, and if I fail you will know that they are in fact BLING GREMLINS.

today_2.jpg

righty_close-up.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's so wonderful that your gorgeous ring fits you Circe!! You must have felt great when it slid on your finger! Like getting a new ring :appl: It's amazing, I love all of the details of the setting :love: You have the most beautiful vintage/antique pieces!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Such a stunning ring-the setting is to die for and the color of the sapphires is amazing!!!! :love:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock

Love that!!

You really do have one of the greatest collections!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What is happening here?!!! I have to come over to SMTB to see colored stones? Circe, you bad girl! You can't hold out from us when you have something so beautiful. Love the tapered sapphires down the shank. Love the delicacy and art deco-ness (notice how I made a new word there? :naughty: ) Love the color of the sapphires. The center stone is so saturated that there is one photo where its glowing on your hand! Bestill my heart! :cheeky:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is so beautiful, Circe!!! And it looks great with your sapphire and diamond band! :appl: You have quite an amazing ring collection!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love the french cut sapphires. Still drooling in fact, very lush. Glad that you can wear it now it would be such a shame to hide it away!!!!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock

That is a perfectly beautiful sapphire ring. The color and setting are tdf! Maybe you should set the green one for variety...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Circe, you know that blue is my favorite color don't you? :naughty: (just sayin... :cheeky: )

Gorgeous ring! In fact, gorgeous rings! I adore your whole collection. I am just an old fashioned girl at heart (at least when it comes to jewelry) and oh would I love to play in your jewelry box one day! :love:

Wear your "new" ring in much health and happiness and enjoy sharing the love with all of your beautiful collection! :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Circe I love your collection. Perhaps one of my favorite on PS!!! And this ring is stunning!!!!! I'm so beyond jealous! why can't you be a size 6 so we can share...I mean so I can oogle your gorgeous taste even more!

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock

Wow, that is a gorgeous ring and it looks fantastic on you, especially with the sapphire eternity. Maybe next year I'll get into colored stones ...

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock

It's fabulous! :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is a beautiful ring, Circe! I love it paired with that gorgeous eternity. Did you get them together?

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

+ 1 to what SB said. Your collection is probably my favorite on PS!

Beautiful ring (and way to go with that diet)!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

marcy|1371004726|3463893 said:
It is gorgeous. What a great color.

Thank you, Marcy! I have to admit, I'm really happy about the hue. It matches my SingleStone earrings almost perfectly!

junebug17 said:
It's so wonderful that your gorgeous ring fits you Circe!! You must have felt great when it slid on your finger! Like getting a new ring :appl: It's amazing, I love all of the details of the setting :love: You have the most beautiful vintage/antique pieces!

Junebug, that was it EXACTLY. Like ... a present? For meeeeeeeeeeeeee? Between this and the VC and the ruby, this week has been like Christmas when I was a little kid. And thank you for the compliments! I've definitely refined it over the years. I'm looking back through my old stuff now, like "Oh ... a ring made out of a bird's skull that ... opens? Well, that's ... special ...." lol.

armywife13 said:
Such a stunning ring-the setting is to die for and the color of the sapphires is amazing!!!! :love:

Thank you Armywife! The Art Deco designers sure did love their colored stones. :lickout:

lorrissey said:
Love that!!

You really do have one of the greatest collections!

Lorrissey, thank you! I like the idea of some auction house eventually putting The Circe Collection to the hammer. DECADES from now, if not centuries, mind (hey, life-enhancing vitamins are improving by the minute, they say!), but still. It has a nice (if you'll pardon the expression) ring to it.

minousbijoux said:
What is happening here?!!! I have to come over to SMTB to see colored stones? Circe, you bad girl! You can't hold out from us when you have something so beautiful. Love the tapered sapphires down the shank. Love the delicacy and art deco-ness (notice how I made a new word there? :naughty: ) Love the color of the sapphires. The center stone is so saturated that there is one photo where its glowing on your hand! Bestill my heart! :cheeky:

Hee, I need to hang out in CS more all around. For one thing, I need y'all's advice on some of the CS pieces that have been in the vault for too long! I'll be over there soon, and before you know it, you won't be able to get rid of me .... :twisted:

diamondseeker2006 said:
That is so beautiful, Circe!!! And it looks great with your sapphire and diamond band! :appl: You have quite an amazing ring collection!

Thank you, DS! BTW, your new avatar is AMAZING. That should be in the dictionary next to "light return." :love:

arkieb1 said:
Love the french cut sapphires. Still drooling in fact, very lush. Glad that you can wear it now it would be such a shame to hide it away!!!!

Thank you, ArkieB! "Lush" is the perfect word for how it makes me feel. And I think it's happy to be seeing the light of day, too, come to that!

backwardsandinheels said:
That is a perfectly beautiful sapphire ring. The color and setting are tdf! Maybe you should set the green one for variety...

You know, you're right. There are nights I cry myself to sleep over this drab and colorless existence. ;(

I will have to bring this sad state of affairs to my husband's attention, posthaste. :naughty:

missy said:
Circe, you know that blue is my favorite color don't you? :naughty: (just sayin... :cheeky: )

Gorgeous ring! In fact, gorgeous rings! I adore your whole collection. I am just an old fashioned girl at heart (at least when it comes to jewelry) and oh would I love to play in your jewelry box one day! :love:

Wear your "new" ring in much health and happiness and enjoy sharing the love with all of your beautiful collection! :appl:

Thank you, Missy! On all counts. One of these days we need an East Coast GTG. Because I would love to meet Bea! Freke mentioned she might be in town in August, speaking of gorgeous blue rings ... :Up_to_something:

SB621 said:
Circe I love your collection. Perhaps one of my favorite on PS!!! And this ring is stunning!!!!! I'm so beyond jealous! why can't you be a size 6 so we can share...I mean so I can oogle your gorgeous taste even more!

SB, your wish is my command. My right hand IS a six! So oogle, oogle, oogle away - I know when it comes to *your* collection, I certainly do!

IE_Princess said:
Wow, that is a gorgeous ring and it looks fantastic on you, especially with the sapphire eternity. Maybe next year I'll get into colored stones ...

Thank you! But be warned, they're worse than Pringles. You really CAN'T have just one ....

star sparkle said:
It's fabulous! :love:

Thank you Star Sparkle!

luv2sparkle said:
That is a beautiful ring, Circe! I love it paired with that gorgeous eternity. Did you get them together?

Thanks, Luv! The funny thing is, I didn't - the eternity was my anniversary present the first year we were married, and I didn't find the solitaire for another four years. But it WAS around the time of the anniversary ... obviously, they were just waiting to be reunited from across their temporal divide. That IS one of my favorite things about collecting vintage ... making up stories. Since a lot of the pieces are from the same era, it's not completely outside of the realm of possibility that they've met before ....

GemFever said:
+ 1 to what SB said. Your collection is probably my favorite on PS!

Beautiful ring (and way to go with that diet)!

Thank you so much! That is really flattering. :bigsmile: One of these days I want to do one of those big "ALL OF THE THINGS" threads. It's always cool to see it all in one place, yannow? :tongue:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is an amazing sapphire ring! The side stones are fabulous! Glad it fits now. :razz:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's so gorgeous!

Congrats again on your little boy!! They sure are fun, aren't they?! :)

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock

Your rings are all beautiful, Circe, but that sapphire combo... :love: :love: :love: Such BEAUTIFUL blues.....just dreamy. Makes me think of twilight skies.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results