shape
carat
color
clarity

Art Deco Band Etsy. Any red flags?

WDWDiamond

Shiny_Rock
Hi all. I am looking to add a new band to my ring stack. I found this one on Etsy that I really like but I just wanted to confirm here that it is of good enough quality to sit next to my wedding set which is made of F/G VS ACAs from WF.

If this is not a good choice, can anyone point me in the right direction of bands that are similar?

5B1C732E-B95E-4711-91FE-B88B2A03B008.jpeg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Can you please post a pic of your current set so we have a visual?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would keep looking. The band you linked doesn’t look well made. The diamonds will not live up to your ring. If you are on a budget, check eBay for preloved—you can find better quality for a little more. If no budget, check whiteflash.

WDWDiamond

Shiny_Rock
I would keep looking. The band you linked doesn’t look well made. The diamonds will not live up to your ring. If you are on a budget, check eBay for preloved—you can find better quality for a little more. If no budget, check whiteflash.

Thank you. That’s what I am afraid of with venturing outside of WF. I will keep looking.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brian Gavin Diamonds carries several similar bands. I would bet they'd be a better match for your WF ring.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

you can check loupetroop and diamond bistro, as well as the pre-loved section on this forum.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thoughts on this one? It would be 18k white gold.

My opinion is that if you want a band that is going to have a matching cut quality to what you got from Whiteflash, you're not going to find it on Etsy, and you're not going to find it under $500. If you just want a cute diamond band and aren't particular about cut quality of the melee, go for it. But your post specifically said " of good enough quality to sit next to my wedding set which is made of F/G VS ACAs from WF."

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I’d not buy anything from Etsy and save for something nicer from WF. You will be dissatisfied with these. As most things in life - you get what you pay for.

If budget is strict, which is certainly understandable…post on preloved and see if anyone is interested in parting with anything!

WDWDiamond

Shiny_Rock
My opinion is that if you want a band that is going to have a matching cut quality to what you got from Whiteflash, you're not going to find it on Etsy, and you're not going to find it under $500. If you just want a cute diamond band and aren't particular about cut quality of the melee, go for it. But your post specifically said " of good enough quality to sit next to my wedding set which is made of F/G VS my ACAs from WF."

Thank you for your reply. I guess I should have clarified. I know I won’t find WF quality on Etsy. I was just looking for a band I could occasionally put on with my rings to change up the style and have it not look significantly of lesser quality. If that’s not possible with Etsy I will keep looking. :read:

Last edited:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d not buy anything from Etsy and save for something nicer from WF. You will be dissatisfied with these. As most things in life - you get what you pay for.

If budget is strict, which is certainly understandable…post on preloved and see if anyone is interested in parting with anything!

Yeah there are high-quality pieces on Etsy but they're going to be priced comparably to high-quality pieces elsewhere. And I personally am skeptical of SI for melee diamonds. Like CVB and David Klass have Etsy stores, but they're priced a lot higher than a lot of Etsy stores.

Thank you for your reply. I guess I should have clarified. I know I won’t find WF quality on Etsy. I was just looking for a band I could occasionally put on with my rings to change up the look and have it look nice enough next to my set.

Then yeah, go for it. Most of us have those! It'll look fine especially from farther away but if you start louping things you'll see the difference, and you may find the melee diamonds different. But it'll be fine if you're not too picky.

WDWDiamond

Shiny_Rock
Then yeah, go for it. Most of us have those! It'll look fine especially from farther away but if you start louping things you'll see the difference, and you may find the melee diamonds different. But it'll be fine if you're not too picky.
Oh okay! That’s what I was wondering. I have seen PSers before with bands similar and have been curious where they have gotten them. I am not very picky I just don’t want it to look silly. :D

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

WDWDiamond

Shiny_Rock
https://www.etsy.com/listing/487179...arquise-diamond?ref=shop_home_active_24&frs=1
The set in my avatar is made by JuliaB on Etsy. Her quality is very good. She did a fantastic job on my set.

Thank you! I will check out her shop. Your avatar set is beautiful!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
https://www.etsy.com/listing/487179...arquise-diamond?ref=shop_home_active_24&frs=1
The set in my avatar is made by JuliaB on Etsy. Her quality is very good. She did a fantastic job on my set.

Oh yes what a good recommendation! Your prongs are perfection! These pieces look much nicer

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Oh yes what a good recommendation! Your prongs are perfection! These pieces look much nicer

I think she keeps upping her game, at least that was the case with mine!
I think she can get lost in the shuffle and that's a shame. So, I plug her when I can :lol:
Thank you! I will check out her shop. Your avatar set is beautiful!

Thank you, it brings me a lot of joy!

WDWDiamond

Shiny_Rock
Hi all! Thought I would update. Thank you all again for your help and recommendations. While I was looking on Etsy at JuliaB (loved her work btw) I found another shop QCustomJewelry and fell in love with this little eternity band :kiss2:. I searched here on PS for the shops name and found a few threads where he was recommended so I went for it. I will update again once I have received the ring!

311622A9-633D-49C1-AB7E-4E35C38DB29F.jpeg

WDWDiamond

Shiny_Rock
I realized that I never posted an update. The quality for the price of this band is great. The diamonds are small but they sparkle very nicely. It is obviously not as bright as my bands with ACA melee but I think they still look pretty together. 4C6D57F3-34B4-4E15-8765-5DB64F490D74.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results