shape
carat
color
clarity

Arrows on a non-ideal stone???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

set2374

Rough_Rock
I love the look of the symmetrical arrows on the H&A stones, but I don''t know that it''s worth it to me to spend the extra money for and AGS0 Ideal Cut H&A stone. Is it possible to get the arrows without having to spend the extra money? Can you get a larger tabled stone (with the size appearance) along with arrows, even if it means sacrificing the hearts???

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
De ja vu. Have we been here before Set?
2.gif

The short answer is yes, though it may take more searching and imagery than it would looking for tight and commonly practiced Ideal proportions.

Longer answer: Any diamond where the main pavilion facets align with each other will have a semblance of arrows. Graphic illustrating what causes 'arrows.'

So each arrow you see through the crown is just 1 pavilion main reflecting one off of 1 other. This is why diamonds cut to proven proportions may naturally display arrows: It is very logical for pavilion mains to be aligned with each other as a fundamental of cutting to a specific, tight range.

set2374

Rough_Rock
John, thanks so much for the link. That was definitely right on point. I am not sure how I missed that one when you originally posted it. Btw, I hope you had a great weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results