shape
carat
color
clarity

Arghhh! Fedex have lost my diamond!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @gregchang35 . I am still second guessing myself about whether its my "perfect" asscher :wall: I somehow managed to find one with virtually no leakage and a lot of brilliance and fire, but the windmills are not perfectly wedge-shaped and I'm wondering if it has as much of the "hall of mirrors" effect typical of an asscher.

I am constantly looking at it in various different lighting conditions and its a very lively diamond which looks good in just about every lighting (some it looks amazing, some it just looks good). So from a light performance perspective it seems like a winner, but from an optical symmetry standpoint it is slightly unusual because it has a small open culet which is slightly elongated rather than square, and that effects the patterns under the table. The perfectionist in me is not sure whether to be delighted by the light performance and face up size, or concerned about the slight quirkiness of the pattern under the table. :doh:

As regards the indented natural, its on the edge of one of the wide clipped corners. I spoke to my jeweller and he thinks its a non-issue as regards setting because it is so small. It can be hidden by a prong (I don't want to bezel it) and once that's hidden the stone is more like a VVS2 as far as the other inclusions, so its a "lucky" VS2.

There is a thing called analysis paralysis. It is real.

there are certain things that bother me and others that don’t. Ultimately when I choose, those things that bothered me are minor snd pales into insignificance cos I love that stone/ item.

But definitely, go thru the process to make sure it ticks all the boxes for you.

It’s a huge purchase!

To quote some seasoned posters:

@Dancing Fire is it mind clean enough for you. Or was it: it’s easier to find an eye clean stone than a mind clean stone.

@diamondseeker2006 if in doubt, don’t.

FWIW/ i think it’s a beautiful stone! It jumped out of the screen for me. Hehehe. I am biased as I love asschers.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There is a thing called analysis paralysis. It is real.

there are certain things that bother me and others that don’t. Ultimately when I choose, those things that bothered me are minor snd pales into insignificance cos I love that stone/ item.

But definitely, go thru the process to make sure it ticks all the boxes for you.

It’s a huge purchase!

To quote some seasoned posters:

@Dancing Fire is it mind clean enough for you. Or was it: it’s easier to find an eye clean stone than a mind clean stone.

@diamondseeker2006 if in doubt, don’t.

FWIW/ i think it’s a beautiful stone! It jumped out of the screen for me. Hehehe. I am biased as I love asschers.

Thanks - I know you are very knowledgeable about asschers so it's reassuring to hear that you like this one. I know what you mean about analysis paralysis: I am a major culprit of this!

I have become a bit of a jewellery collector and have very high expectations of any new addition. And I have wanted an asscher since I first saw one in antique jewellers many years ago, and have been on the hunt for my perfect stone for a long time. I've had a couple of near misses with asschers that I ended up returning because of one thing or another (too leaky, too small, not lively enough) so I'm not even sure I trust my own judgement any more :roll2: So I am 100% in analysis paralysis right now.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thanks - I know you are very knowledgeable about asschers so it's reassuring to hear that you like this one. I know what you mean about analysis paralysis: I am a major culprit of this!

I have become a bit of a jewellery collector and have very high expectations of any new addition. And I have wanted an asscher since I first saw one in antique jewellers many years ago, and have been on the hunt for my perfect stone for a long time. I've had a couple of near misses with asschers that I ended up returning because of one thing or another (too leaky, too small, not lively enough) so I'm not even sure I trust my own judgement any more :roll2: So I am 100% in analysis paralysis right now.

that is kind of you to say.
I have one asscher and after I learned more about asschers after joining PS, I feel that mine has p3 issues... but..... I still love my stone. I am also impatient at waiting! Lololol.

analysis paralysis- you like what you like. And, that is great - cos it means THE stone is out there. You just have to go thru the process. Hehehe.

jasper

Shiny_Rock
FedEx' Memphis staff knows that their tracking system has serious bug(s). Unfortunately, most of FedEx' customer service representatives do not know about the bug(s), and the bug(s) tell them stories that seem sensible, but are utterly wrong.

For example, it is all-too-easy for the package drop-off location to mark the package as (immediately) delivered (at the drop-off location) instead of accepted. This puts a null in the database. When the customer or customer service representative sees the record, the story they get is "The package first appeared at midnight at {the nearest regional depot}, and was sent out for delivery to {the drop-off location} where it was delivered to {shipper} at {the time the shipper dropped it off}." If the intended recipient is lucky, the package will eventually get scanned somewhere along the way. After that, the system will tell the customer or customer service representative that there are two packages with the same tracking number -- one has the original bogus story, and the second has a new bogus story: "The package first appeared in the FedEx system at {the time and place that it got scanned along the way}." There will be bonus confusion if anything else went wrong, like the regional depot being affected by a natural disaster.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results