shape
carat
color
clarity

Arghhh! Fedex have lost my diamond!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
My heart stopped when I read the thread’s title, but I’m so glad everything worked out ok. I’ve had my share of nightmare shipping scenarios and although I’m dying to send my things off to Los Angeles for setting/mounting/repair/sizing and I simply cannot bring myself to do so right now. Even shipping things I sell via Etsy makes me break out into a sweat in anxiety. 2020 be gone! ugh

Last edited:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your stone is beautiful! I’d love to hear stats and see more pictures when you have more time!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
OMG, that's so fiery!! It looks amazing, honestly worth all the agony.
Plus if you drop it you'll hear a loud thud.

Please tell us who supplies such Asschers.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad it arrived safely! Your new diamond is gorgeous! I hope you post more pics soon!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
And exhale.... panic over, the package just arrived. Apparently their scanning system is not working properly meaning that it is not able to keep track of which packages are where, or when they are supposed to be delivered by either! It doesn't fill me with confidence hearing this, but I am just hugely relieved to have the package now. :dance:

Phew so glad it arrived
A shame you didn't just sleep in and you had never known it was lost in the first place
i once lost a couried package (ok not the worth of a diamond - it was a Springsteen dvd but like your diamond i was so looking forward to it) it was surposed to be overnight delivery, i had to sent to work because the couriers would deliver direct to me
It completly vanished from their system and our courier delivery driver had been personally looking for it 21st the depo
Because it was a skinny package it had dropped down into the bottom of one of their freight cages and there it had stayed unnoticed for about two weeks
safe but very very annoying

I am releaved your diamond turned up before i had finished reading your thread

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lol: :lol: I've been juggling looking at the new arrival with trying to get various other things done. But I managed to get a couple of photos. More to come once I have more time.

My initial reaction is "WOW" :kiss2:. But like all true navel gazers, I will need time to view it in various lighting conditions and generally take my time with it..... :D

20201116_134750.jpg 20201116_140145.jpg 20201116_140900.jpg 20201116_141133.jpg

Oh major swoon !
:kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2:

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
@diamondhoarder I'm so happy you have the diamond in your hands. What a relief!

@msop04 Looking forward to see your upgrade. Especially if you changed the shape/cut. I loved you MRB in the Jovyn Setting!

Nina-W

Shiny_Rock
Glad you received your diamond! What a relief! I also lost a band purchased from Blue Nile a couple months ago “delivered” by FedEx. Never found out where the package was “delivered” to. Very annoying. All my packages from another vendor now are delivered to FedEx shipping centers.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad this was recovered. What a nail biter. So sorry you had to endure that stress. It’s a gorgeous stone! Hope you love it.

zbajwa00

Rough_Rock
And exhale.... panic over, the package just arrived. Apparently their scanning system is not working properly meaning that it is not able to keep track of which packages are where, or when they are supposed to be delivered by either! It doesn't fill me with confidence hearing this, but I am just hugely relieved to have the package now. :dance:

Awesome!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I'm so relieved for you! I had a fedex scare myself with my ring :( it seemed to get stuck in one spot. So normally my stuff goes to the facility the next state over and then goes out on the truck for delivery from there. Well it seemed stuck in the
neighboring state facility and had been there for a day and a half.

So I called FedEx to just ask if I should expect it to come another day since it should have been on the truck by then. And they claimed it wasn't even in he place the tracking said it was! They said they had no idea where it was but it wasn't there and had never even arrived at the neighboring state facility. I was horrified and totally terrified wondering why they would say it had been sent to that facility if it had actually never ever arrived. Luckily it ended up showing up but extremely late in comparison to normal fedex mail. But it's made me not want to ever ever mail something through FedEx unless it's going to be overnight since they seem to pay better attention to that.

But again I am so so happy your package came!!! I bet you were so relieved!

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
FedEx is a bit of a mess right now. We shipped irreplaceable scientific samples related to coronavirus research from the US to Europe. Box was scanned through destination airport and then reported as lost by FedEx. Called, filed a claim, etc. FedEx said they didn’t expect to be able to find out. Well, wouldn’t you know, box gets delivered a week later. Just shows up at the destination, no word to anyone about it.

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
So glad that you got the package and WOW what a beauty she is!!!!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I had a similar scare a few weeks ago... I am upgrading and sold my diamond to an auction house in NYC, so I sent my ring to them. It was fully insured by me (via JM) and them (via Brinks). They'd already wired me the money, so I was good that way - HOWEVER, my Jovyn setting was there as well! Long story short, after almost a whole day, they retrieved my "very disturbed, ripped, and compromised package" and redelivered to the auction house. Both the auction rep and I were on pins and needles all day! It was horrid! They think that the box had been dropped in deep rain water/ditch, and after being handled and on rough conveyor belt(s), the outer box was pretty torn to shreds. Thankfully, it was double (really triple) boxed with labels on each one, so they were able to resend at the request of the myself and the recipient. Talk about STRESS!!

@msop04, you sold your ring!?!?? I LOVE your ring with your customized Jovyn. Upgrade?? Please tell us more!! Would love to hear it.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well reading all the replies on here from people who have also had Fedex panics was a bit of an eye opener. But it does seem that in most cases the items turned up, even if later (and with more stress) than expected.

Thanks for all the good wishes and kind remarks about my stone. Its 1.74cts H VS2, 6.98mm x 6.78mm. Now I just need to work out if the indented natural on the girdle is going to be an issue. As requested, here are a couple more pics:

20201117_115038.jpg 20201117_115137.jpg 20201117_122220.jpg 20201116_140535.jpg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well reading all the replies on here from people who have also had Fedex panics was a bit of an eye opener. But it does seem that in most cases the items turned up, even if later (and with more stress) than expected.

Thanks for all the good wishes and kind remarks about my stone. Its 1.74cts H VS2, 6.98mm x 6.78mm. Now I just need to work out if the indented natural on the girdle is going to be an issue. As requested, here are a couple more pics:

Such a stunner!!!! I’m so glad it turned up!!! I know you’ve been so patient looking for years so it would’ve been pretty tragic to have FedEx lose it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TDF stunning!!! ❤️

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: :lol: I've been juggling looking at the new arrival with trying to get various other things done. But I managed to get a couple of photos. More to come once I have more time.

My initial reaction is "WOW" :kiss2:. But like all true navel gazers, I will need time to view it in various lighting conditions and generally take my time with it..... :D

20201116_134750.jpg 20201116_140145.jpg 20201116_140900.jpg 20201116_141133.jpg

It looks AMAZING!!

I had something happen recently with FedEX with some pearls bought from Mexico, and I think they were caught up in customs (for about a week!!). I eventually received them.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

oh its so beautiful
i fully understand the anxixty
in my last job i would spend half my day ringing around looking for tracked freight
if a freight company can loose several packets of timber which would be ...well i dont know ... but many thousand times bigger than a diamond its a wonder anything gets to its intended destination

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
FedEx is a bit of a mess right now. We shipped irreplaceable scientific samples related to coronavirus research from the US to Europe. Box was scanned through destination airport and then reported as lost by FedEx. Called, filed a claim, etc. FedEx said they didn’t expect to be able to find out. Well, wouldn’t you know, box gets delivered a week later. Just shows up at the destination, no word to anyone about it.

m-cubed, were the samples still useful after the delay?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@msop04, you sold your ring!?!?? I LOVE your ring with your customized Jovyn. Upgrade?? Please tell us more!! Would love to hear it.

Will still have my Jovyn, just upgrading diamond in color, cut, and clarity... and barely carat weight, but the dimensions are almost identical. ;-)

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Will still have my Jovyn, just upgrading diamond in color, cut, and clarity... and barely carat weight, but the dimensions are almost identical. ;-)
Can’t wait to hear all about it!!

Sorry OP for hijacking your post.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
So glad that you got the stone- which is a stunner! Indented natural-where is it? would ask the setter to see if an issue with setting the stone. Also need to consider the setting... if, for example, a bezel setting, and it covered the indented natural- should not be an issue, I think. Could it be hidden between 2 prongs, of a double claw prong?

a few considerations to be measured.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone is gorgeous!

DK :kiss2:

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So glad that you got the stone- which is a stunner! Indented natural-where is it? would ask the setter to see if an issue with setting the stone. Also need to consider the setting... if, for example, a bezel setting, and it covered the indented natural- should not be an issue, I think. Could it be hidden between 2 prongs, of a double claw prong?

a few considerations to be measured.

Thank you @gregchang35 . I am still second guessing myself about whether its my "perfect" asscher :wall: I somehow managed to find one with virtually no leakage and a lot of brilliance and fire, but the windmills are not perfectly wedge-shaped and I'm wondering if it has as much of the "hall of mirrors" effect typical of an asscher.

I am constantly looking at it in various different lighting conditions and its a very lively diamond which looks good in just about every lighting (some it looks amazing, some it just looks good). So from a light performance perspective it seems like a winner, but from an optical symmetry standpoint it is slightly unusual because it has a small open culet which is slightly elongated rather than square, and that effects the patterns under the table. The perfectionist in me is not sure whether to be delighted by the light performance and face up size, or concerned about the slight quirkiness of the pattern under the table. :doh:

As regards the indented natural, its on the edge of one of the wide clipped corners. I spoke to my jeweller and he thinks its a non-issue as regards setting because it is so small. It can be hidden by a prong (I don't want to bezel it) and once that's hidden the stone is more like a VVS2 as far as the other inclusions, so its a "lucky" VS2.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results